Washington DC Message Boards

Senator Arlen Specter - Turns Democrat

Guest District of Columbia

Guest District of Columbia

Arlen Specter (born February 12, 1930) is the senior United States Senator from Pennsylvania. Elected in 1980, he is currently the 12th-most senior member of the U.S. Senate and the fifth oldest Senator.

Specter has been Pennsylvania's senior senator since April 4, 1991. He is known as a moderate, with conservative views on crime, national security, and Second Amendment rights, and liberal views on abortion, immigration, and the environment. In April 2006, he was selected by Time as one of "America's 10 Best Senators".

Guest LAW_*

A Call With Senator Specter

post-2502-1241107551_thumbjpg

(President Barack Obama speaks by phone to Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania on

April 28, 2009 about the Senator's decision to become a member of the

Democratic Party. White House Photo, Pete Souza)

Guest ALWAYS RED_*

I was dismayed to hear that the Senator Specter flip-flopped on the Employee Free Choice Act after cosponsoring the bill in 2005 and supporting an up-or-down vote in 2007. I urge you to allow the Senate to have an up-or-down vote on this critical bill. It is good to know that you have traded cards with the dealer. Remember that Unions only become more important as the economy worsens."

Guest David Bonior

Opponents of workers’ rights have attempted to say and do anything to distract from the issue at hand, yet a majority of the public remains committed to fighting for real solutions for our struggling middle class

Guest GREED

It’s the Wall Street way of doing business.

Getting rich is everything. Reward yourself for failure.

Employees don’t matter.

Exploiting them is acceptable.

Don’t let workers get ahead.

That’s why they think they deserve bailouts and bonuses for bringing our economy down.

And then turn around and try to keep workers from joining unions to earn better wages and benefits.

Don’t let them get away with it.

Tell Congress to pass the Employee Free Choice Act now.

It’s time the economy worked for everyone again.

Guest Rob Gleason

As the Chairman of the Republican Party of Pennsylvania and a citizen of the Keystone State, I am committed to defeating Arlen Specter and winning this Senate seat back for the Republican Party.

It is apparent that Arlen Specter chose to act in his own self-interest and put his political ambitions first. I, like many of my fellow Pennsylvania Republicans, took Senator Specter at his word when he said that he would not switch parties, and I believe he owes every Republican who has supported him over the last three decades an apology.

Arlen Specter can rest assured that we are committed to winning this seat back for the Republican Party in 2010. I am confident that we will win with your generous support, I know we can.

If comedian Al Franken is seated, with Specter's vote, the Democrats have a filibuster-proof 60 seats. This means they will push their liberal agenda even further and we must put a stop to it!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.