DC Message Boards
Ed_Palmedo

Gas station stealing your money

THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYONE THAT LIVES IN THE BALLSTON/CLARENDON AREA OF NORTHERN VA. THE HESS GAS STATION ON WILSON BLVD IS CHEATING MOTORISTS OUT OF GAS & STEALING YOUR MONEY.

This morning on my way to work I noticed that I was running low on gas and decided to fill up at the Hess Gas station on Wilson Blvd. As I was filling up I noticed that the gas was pumping at a very slow rate. Even though I was squeezing the handle with a firm it took me about 3 to 4 minutes just to get $8 worth of gas. At this point I said forget it and decided I would fill the rest of the tank somewhere else (I did not have 15-20 mins to wait for the gas).

I then got in the car and began to drive. After 75-100 yards my gas light came on signaling that I was running low. This was odd since the gas light was off before I pulled into the station. I know $8 is not a lot of gas but it seems like no gas was put in the car at all.

So I turned around and went back to the station. When I told the man behind the counter that I thought his pump was off he stated that the pumps were fine. When I then told him exactly what had happened he simply shrugged his shoulders and told he I was wrong. He then simply ignored me which really made me mad. He did not try to fix the problem or even acknowledge that my complaint might be valid.

PLEASE BEWARE! THIS GAS STATION IS LITERALLY STEALING MONEY FROM YOU AND ME WITH THEIR BS GAS PUMPS! DO NOT GO TO THIS GAS STATION!

Their prices are lower than any other station in the area because they are stealing your money!

Guest Ed

I just received this email as I was writing this post.

Cheating at the gas pumps (PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPTS!!!)

This email was sent to me by a friend whose cousin is the Lewiston fire captain.

This is true. It happened to them three weeks ago somewhere in Lewiston on our way to Augusta. The pump should have totaled @ $38.00 (and change). When the receipt was printed, and she checked it was $ 47.00 (and change).

She got mad, went inside the store, asked for a calculator and let them do the math. They refunded her. she told them that if they cheat, they had better make it right. Normally, her husband would skip printing the receipt.. Not her

We saw on the news the other night that this is happening everywhere.

Brian pumped exactly one gallon of gas. The price did not match the cost of one gallon. It was higher. He went inside and complained, got a refund.

There is also a number on each pump that you can call and complain.. This is a true story, so read it carefully.

On March 24, 2009, I stopped at a gas station in Lewiston. My truck's gas gauge was on 1/4 of a tank. I use the mid-grade, which was priced at $2.21 per gallon. When my tank i s at this point, it takes somewhere around 14 gallons to fill it up.

When the pump showed 14 gallons had been pumped, I began to slow it down. Then, to my surprise, it went to 15, then 16. I even looked under my truck to see if it was being spilled. It was not. Then it showed 17 gallons on the pump. It stopped at 18 gallons. This was very strange to me, since my truck has only an 18 gallon tank. I went on my way a little confused, then on the evening news I heard a report that 1 out of 4 gas stations had calibrated their pumps to show more gas had been pumped than a person actually got.

Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the right amount:

Whichever grade you are using, put EXACTLY 10 GALLONS in your tank, then look at the dollar amount. If the dollar amount is not=2 0EXACTLY 10 times the price of the fuel you have chosen, then the pumps are rigged.

In my case, as I said, the mid-grade was $2.21 9/10 per gallon; my dollar amount for 10 gallons should have been $22.19. I wish I had checked the pump. It doesn't matter where you pump gas, please check the 10 gallon price. If you do find a station that is cheating, contact the state Agriculture Department, and direct your comments to the Commissioner, the info is on the gas pumps.

Please send this to all the people you know. We need to put a stop to this outrageous cheating of customers. The gas companies are making enough profits at honest rates.

That is a pretty crazy story.

I would go to the police.

Is this the station?

Hess

3299 WILSON BOULEVARD

ARLINGTON, VA 22201-4408

Distance: 1.78 miles

Hours: 24HRS

Diesel Fuel

Kerosene

Edited by Luke_Wilbur

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.