Washington DC Message Boards

Universal Health Care for America

Guest CA

Guest Romney Victory

Today, the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare. But regardless of what the Court said about the constitutionality of the law, Obamacare is bad medicine, it is bad policy, and when I'm President, the bad news of Obamacare will be over.

It was always a liberal pipedream that a 2,700 page, multi-trillion-dollar Federal Government takeover of our health care system actually could address the very serious problems we face with health care. With Obamacare fully installed, government will reach fully half of the economy - that is the recipe for a struggling economy and declining prosperity.

On Day One, I will work to repeal Obamacare to stop the government's takeover of our health care and intrusion in our lives. I will push for real reform to our health care system that focuses on helping patients and protecting taxpayers.

We cannot afford Barack Obama's on-the-job learning, Big Government proposals, and irresponsible spending. Our basic liberties are at stake - and I will fight to restore our freedoms, renew the respect for our Constitution, and halt the government takeover of health care.

This November it's all on the line. The stakes couldn't be higher.

Mitt Romney

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Widow's Son

The understanding the power of the rhetorical argument has been around since the ancient Greek and Roman philosophers.

SOCRATES. You were saying, in fact, that the rhetorician will have, greater powers of persuasion than the physician even in a matter of health?

GORGIAS. Yes, with the multitude-that is.

SOCRATES. You mean to say, with the ignorant; for with those who know he cannot be supposed to have greater powers of persuasion.

GORGIAS. Very true.

SOCRATES. But if he is to have more power of persuasion than the physician, he will have greater power than he who knows?

GORGIAS. Certainly.

SOCRATES. Although he is not a physician:-is he?

GORGIAS. No.

SOCRATES. And he who is not a physician must, obviously, be ignorant of what the physician knows.

GORGIAS. Clearly.

SOCRATES. Then, when the rhetorician is more persuasive than the physician, the ignorant is more persuasive with the ignorant than he who has knowledge?-is not that the inference?

GORGIAS. In the case supposed:-Yes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.