DC Message Boards
Guest Whevadathehic

D.C. - What's it like?

Guest Whevadathehic   
Guest Whevadathehic

So I've been sorta-kinda told that I'll bring into the world a job in D.C. waiting for me when I graduate (don't ask, hunger life ). I planned on unfixed there after undergrad anyways, but this makes it more indubitably that I transfer pick up stakes and go to Washington.

I desire to understand unprejudiced widespread info. more D.C. Basically, whatever comes to your mind. What's standoffish more it? Is it vibrant, lots of restaurants/bars/etc. around? Does it on the agenda c trick foot transportation ahunger the lines of NYC or LA or Chicago (not pregnant it to be as compact as those)?

I judgement the key questions are "Is it a well-behaved mission to lodge" and "Do you/did you take to living in D.C.".

Again, deem unencumbered to unprejudiced bounce off whatever comes to mind. Thanks in advance.

Guest human_*   
Guest human_*

Well if you are thinking of Moving to Washington State? Then by all means go for it. They do have a high crime rate though.

How ever if you are thinking of moving to washington dc? the bars are okay, the restaurants are okay, but I prefer to bring my own food in because I know what I have cooked, and how I have cooked it.

My favorite is still bullfeathers though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been sorta-kinda told that I'll bring into the world a job in D.C. waiting for me when I graduate (don't ask, hunger life ). I planned on unfixed there after undergrad anyways, but this makes it more indubitably that I transfer pick up stakes and go to Washington.

I desire to understand unprejudiced widespread info. more D.C. Basically, whatever comes to your mind. What's standoffish more it? Is it vibrant, lots of restaurants/bars/etc. around? Does it on the agenda c trick foot transportation ahunger the lines of NYC or LA or Chicago (not pregnant it to be as compact as those)?

I judgement the key questions are "Is it a well-behaved mission to lodge" and "Do you/did you take to living in D.C.".

Again, deem unencumbered to unprejudiced bounce off whatever comes to mind. Thanks in advance.

Luke_Wilbur    5

The District has many embassies and foreign lobby groups. This makes for some very diverse restaurants and night clubs. There is something for everyone.

JT Allen    0

The reason I personally love DC is it's diversity - practically no-one was born here so there's an automatic conversation starter. It's also quite the college town (Number 2 behind Boston I believe) which makes for an outstanding melting pot of people and cultures. One thing I can tell you is it's a beautiful city and there is, no question, something for everyone!

PS I was born in Georgetown a LONG time ago ...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.