Washington DC Message Boards

GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

39242028_eb3aff75dc.jpg

Soon all of the college students will arrive in town and the public schools will open up.

The District of Columbia while being a political town is also a college town with upwards of about 75,000 students attending the various colleges.

The presence of the college student is normally a big boost to the local economy especially to the restaurants and retail stores.

Will the 2008-2009 school year give a meaningful boost to the sagging job market of DC?

DC is gravy when it comes to jobs "Federal Galore". Northern Virginia full of tech jobs and many of the support services for the federal government "all the big boys', and girls' are around here".

The problem that I've seen in this town is that the information is scattered all over the place.

Edited by Human

Another problem is that too many rely on employment agencies and they are vague in the offerings and slow down the hiring process,

DC is gravy when it comes to jobs "Federal Galore". Northern Virginia full of tech jobs and many of the support services for the federal government "all the big boys', and girls' are around here".

The problem that I've seen in this town is that the information is scattered all over the place.

I've seen what the employment agencies around here offer, and my jaw drops to the ground. <Thinking to myself, This is the best that you got?>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another problem is that too many rely on employment agencies and they are vague in the offerings and slow down the hiring process,

I've seen what the employment agencies around here offer, and my jaw drops to the ground. <Thinking to myself, This is the best that you got?>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.