Washington DC Message Boards

SEND THE NATIONAL GUARD INTO TRINIDAD, ETC.

SEND THE NATIONAL GUARD INTO TRINIDAD, ETC.

untitled.jpg

In the early 1990’s, the Government of Puerto Rico used a joint force of the U.S. National Guard, DEA and local police to storm in and patrol areas of San Juan that had high drug and violent level levels and their efforts were successful not just in protecting people.

The Government of the District of Columbia should use its local National Guard forces to assist the police in patrolling the city’s hot spots and maybe bringing in the National Guard might make the criminal elements a bit fearful.

People say the criminals in DC are not afraid of the police and actually laugh at them but would they laugh at a squad of army rangers kicking their.........................

Forget Iraq, the battle is several blocks from our United States Capitol building. Tonight, I went to my house located in Eckington and all the roads were blocked. I found out there was a third shooting this week. It is getting crazy here. The police officer said to me that this area is getting worse. Kids are using the darkness of McKinley Tech's grounds to go over and fight a rival gang on Todd Street. North Capitol is the dividing line between the two gangs. We need cameras in my neighborhood. Residents are getting very scared. Mayor Fenty and Council member Thomas need to step it up. The District should be a model city for our great nation. Instead it is becoming an embarrassment.

Forget Iraq, the battle is several blocks from our United States Capitol building. Tonight, I went to my house located in Eckington and all the roads were blocked. I found out there was a third shooting this week. It is getting crazy here. The police officer said to me that this area is getting worse. Kids are using the darkness of McKinley Tech's grounds to go over and fight a rival gang on Todd Street. North Capitol is the dividing line between the two gangs. We need cameras in my neighborhood. Residents are getting very scared. Mayor Fenty and Council member Thomas need to step it up. The District should be a model city for our great nation. Instead it is becoming an embarrassment.

For a great city like DC it should be the the shining example of the United States. It is a shame that the citizens of DC should have to put up with such inconvenience and no protection from the ones who should protect.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.