Washington DC Message Boards

THE REAL DC UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS 9%

THE REAL DC UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS 9%!

untitled.jpg

The real unemployment rate in DC is 9.0% not the 6.6% reported by the DC Dept of Employment Services.

The unemployment rate is just reflective of those who are collecting unemployment but it does not included those who did not apply, were denied or who have already exhausted their benefits.

The higher unemployment rate in DC can be blamed on the policies of Mayor Adrian Fenty and the DC City Council for reasons too long to list here.

As a matter of fact, the Fenty Administration has been exporting jobs to other parts of the country and overseas with it various contracts with firms like ACS and others to handle a large portion of the District's needs.

Most new jobs in DC are not created by the DC government but by and surrounding the US government.

My God Slick!!!!!!! You are correct. I was wondering when people were going to catch on that D.C.

also out sources jobs.

The TREND “Of out sourcing government jobs" was actually started by the democrats, when it was harder for them at the local level to get expert computer techs” It was actually considered innovative at the time". <~~~ just a little back ground old net history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE REAL DC UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS 9%!

untitled.jpg

The real unemployment rate in DC is 9.0% not the 6.6% reported by the DC Dept of Employment Services.

The unemployment rate is just reflective of those who are collecting unemployment but it does not included those who did not apply, were denied or who have already exhausted their benefits.

The higher unemployment rate in DC can be blamed on the policies of Mayor Adrian Fenty and the DC City Council for reasons too long to list here.

As a matter of fact, the Fenty Administration has been exporting jobs to other parts of the country and overseas with it various contracts with firms like ACS and others to handle a large portion of the District's needs.

Most new jobs in DC are not created by the DC government but by and surrounding the US government.

• 7 months later...
My God Slick!!!!!!! You are correct. I was wondering when people were going to catch on that D.C.

also out sources jobs.

The TREND “Of out sourcing government jobs" was actually started by the democrats, when it was harder for them at the local level to get expert computer techs” It was actually considered innovative at the time". <~~~ just a little back ground old net history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember reading this back in July, then just read yesterday the the National unemployment rate was 8%. If DC's rate was 9% then what really is the true unemployment rate for our Country?

With so many people losing their jobs, the housing market really in the downfall where to now?

With employers doing layoffs, cut backs, not hiring to replace workers leaving for various reasons it has caused more multi tasking for those employees still employed. One of the effects of all the multi tasking, and the extra duties of the employees is STRESS. I think we all know what stress can do on a person's body and mind, as well as to the families.

There isn't enough currency in the world to rescue the current system. Gold and silver are the only real value in a world full of "worthless paper," in which villains of the financial meltdown created in order to rip off the hard-working masses. Our leaders try to control panic by not accurately stating the unemployment rate. We hear our leaders in the media state the unemployment rate for February was 8.1%

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutp..._id=LNS14000000

Our leaders fail to mention that they discounted the part-time labor force that work less than 35 hours a week and the growing discouraged labor force who have given up looking for a job. The Labor Under Utilization rate for February 2009 was 14.8%

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.