Washington DC Message Boards

dangers of asbestos exposure

Guest Robert Rule

Guest Robert Rule

My name is Robert Rule and I'm the webmaster of Asbestos.com, which was created in 1995 to warn Americans about the dangers of asbestos exposure. Just recently our company has been campaigning across the web to educate those that are at risk for asbestos exposure. I came across your website while searching for popular veterans resources.

Many of our nation’s veterans were exposed to asbestos during their time in the armed services. Asbestos was commonly used in hundreds of military applications, products, and buildings primarily because of its resistance to fire. Exposure to asbestos can result in a number of life-threatening conditions including lung cancer, asbestosis, and mesothelioma, a deadly cancer directly caused by asbestos exposure. Unfortunately, mesothelioma is not always recognized by the VA, which is why we offer free assistance to veterans with mesothelioma applying for assistance. For more information simply follow this link: Mesothelioma & Veterans.

In order to help better educate our nation’s vets about these risks, we've also created a veteran-specific section at www.asbestos.com/veterans. This covers possible exposure points, symptoms of asbestos-related diseases, and programs designed to assist vets in preventing, diagnosing, and treating these ailments.