DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest chef knight

Beware of DC Parking Enforcement Ticket Scam

Guest chef knight

I was at a friends house, as I am every wednesday, to play a cheery Game of Settlers of Cataan. Upon leaving to go home I noticed a 'ticket' on my windshield. It wasn't a ticket. Instead it was a notice informing me that my vehicle has been seen twice, within 180 days, parked in the same spot and I need to prove residency since I have out-of-state tags. Now I have but 15 days to go to the DMV in Georgetown Mall with my mortgage/lease statement, my vehicle title and registration and a utility bill not older than 60 days. All this just for playing a board game? I can understand if someone from out of state was trying to live in DC and needed to switch over to DC tags. But wouldn't the Merry Meter Maid notice that vehicle on a regular basis? Mine was seen twice in 6 months! What are the odds of that? I would say there pretty good even if you aren't looking. Now...I can mail in copies of all the paperwork, but, it states it might take longer than 15 days to process. I only have 15 days from the issuing of the ticket so right away I only have 14 days left. Could this be rigged any better? The irony of all this is it occured the night of the tornado last week. One block away the power was out in a grid. I had also been driving around doing roadside emergency assistance...for you see...I am a volunteer with Search and Rescue and have been for about 9 years. Aside from that...every wednesday for the past 3 years four of us get together and play board games, watch sports (GO CELTICS!) or just hang out. It took three years for a meter maid to finally notice my vehicle?...or do they just see an out-of-state tag and give you the notice knowing there's a high probability that you've been there once before in six months?...sounds like dirty pool to me. Could the meter maids not have been better utilized during a post tornado power outage? It would have freed up police officers to patrol the streets and control traffic. Not to get off the subject, but, it feels like the last 8 years have been a train wreck and it's proven thru the inefficiency of operation in our nations capital. I think I'll ride my bicycle next time...and hide it so the meter can't see it.

Guest human_*

It’s cheaper to take the metro anyways. Don't feel bad they do it to folks with disabled placards too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at a friends house, as I am every wednesday, to play a cheery Game of Settlers of Cataan. Upon leaving to go home I noticed a 'ticket' on my windshield. It wasn't a ticket. Instead it was a notice informing me that my vehicle has been seen twice, within 180 days, parked in the same spot and I need to prove residency since I have out-of-state tags. Now I have but 15 days to go to the DMV in Georgetown Mall with my mortgage/lease statement, my vehicle title and registration and a utility bill not older than 60 days. All this just for playing a board game? I can understand if someone from out of state was trying to live in DC and needed to switch over to DC tags. But wouldn't the Merry Meter Maid notice that vehicle on a regular basis? Mine was seen twice in 6 months! What are the odds of that? I would say there pretty good even if you aren't looking. Now...I can mail in copies of all the paperwork, but, it states it might take longer than 15 days to process. I only have 15 days from the issuing of the ticket so right away I only have 14 days left. Could this be rigged any better? The irony of all this is it occured the night of the tornado last week. One block away the power was out in a grid. I had also been driving around doing roadside emergency assistance...for you see...I am a volunteer with Search and Rescue and have been for about 9 years. Aside from that...every wednesday for the past 3 years four of us get together and play board games, watch sports (GO CELTICS!) or just hang out. It took three years for a meter maid to finally notice my vehicle?...or do they just see an out-of-state tag and give you the notice knowing there's a high probability that you've been there once before in six months?...sounds like dirty pool to me. Could the meter maids not have been better utilized during a post tornado power outage? It would have freed up police officers to patrol the streets and control traffic. Not to get off the subject, but, it feels like the last 8 years have been a train wreck and it's proven thru the inefficiency of operation in our nations capital. I think I'll ride my bicycle next time...and hide it so the meter can't see it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this