Washington DC Message Boards

FIGHT FOR WARD 8 CITY COUNCIL

FIGHT FOR WARD 8 CITY COUNCIL

untitled.jpg

Marion Barry who is t he current DC City Councilman for Ward 8 has not yet thrown his hat in the ring to seek re-election but he already has five opponents: Howard Brown, Darrell Gaston, Chanda McMahan, Sandra Seegars and Cardell Shelton.

Barry is believed to be a shoe in for re-election but might find some serious competition this time round from Seegars and Shelton.

During this four year term, Barry has been a bit of a disappointment to voters especially his failure to stand up to Mayor Adrian Fenty as it concerns matters that will impact upon Ward 8.

Barry has been nothing but an embarrassment to the District of Columbia since his arrest years ago for use of crack cocaine and maybe it is time for him to hang it up.

• 3 weeks later...

We need some fresh blood in Wrd 8 to repair the bad image Barry gave this city.

Guest human_*

I still like Barry, christ!!! I might even send him an e-mail with all the info he needs to get back fully in the game.

It would give the politicians in dc some thing to really think about. They wont be able to ignore him.

And the way life is? Most folks deserve a secound chance any ways.

There is a lot of greys in life. It's not all black, and white.

It's the Republican thing to do.

It would make for a heck of a come back story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need some fresh blood in Wrd 8 to repair the bad image Barry gave this city.

Okay the send him as contribution!

I still like Barry, christ!!! I might even send him an e-mail with all the info he needs to get back fully in the game.

It would give the politicians in dc some thing to really think about. They wont be able to ignore him.

And the way life is? Most folks deserve a secound chance any ways.

There is a lot of greys in life. It's not all black, and white.

It's the Republican thing to do.

It would make for a heck of a come back story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.