Washington DC Message Boards

DUI Prevention

Ed_Palmedo

One of my friends in Florida sent this email and I thought I would share it with our readers. This time of year (summer - when high school and college kids come home and look forward to a summer of fun) is when these things happen.

PLEASE, if you are going to drink alcohol, be responsible and have a safe way to get home. I'm not saying 'Do Not Drink' but please be smart about it so no more horrible stories like this happen to someone you love.

FROM HER EMAIL (I have taken some names out of this message and left their first initial):

"As most of you already know, the video I have attached is a very good/old friend of mine. I still talk to him and will be visiting him soon (A, S, L, Z, M, A, P, M we need to send letters and photos). He is living a pretty boring, terrible, mind numbing life, and the person that I used to spend a lot of time with, is no longer himself. He is sad, and empty. Most of us know him as animated, hilarious, and having the biggest heart of most people we will ever know. It is almost Memorial Day, and these things happen, so please watch this video, forward it to everyone you know, and remember that DUIs can be more than terrible. I love all of you and never want anything to happen."