Washington DC Message Boards

Clinton Takes Kentucky

It looks like Clinton is going to blowout Obama in Kentucky and Obama will take Oregon. Only one-third of Clinton Supporters in Kentucky said they would vote for Obama if he wins the nomination, while 41 percent said they would vote for Republican John McCain, 23 percent said they would stay home, and 3 percent said they would support other candidates. Hillary has done better with more conservative voters, Barack with those who are more liberal. Senator Barack Obama hasn’t publicly said he’s writing off Kentucky, the way he did in West Virginia. But his efforts here have been less than maximum. He made a couple of stops in Louisville and his wife is making last minute swings around the state. Obama has concentrated his efforts on Oregon, where he turned out nearly 80,000 people at one weekend rally.

Guest BlingBling_*

MSNBC polled Kentucky voters on whether they would not vote for a black man for President.

The results came in and people found out that 9% of rural voters will not vote for an African American. It makes me wonder how many were afraid to tell the truth in Kentucky.

I think it is between 20 - 30% are racist. But, I say these people are about to be enlightened when Obama is Commander and Chief.

Guest preacherman

Actually proud of the democrats in Oregon this time! Thank you for putting Obama over the edge where he hopefully can start to move on and get owned by McCain and the GOP.

Clinton was the only shot at the Dems gaining power in November, with Obama against McCain, the GOP is going to crush Obama with all his skeletons.

Guest LAW_*
Actually proud of the democrats in Oregon this time! Thank you for putting Obama over the edge where he hopefully can start to move on and get owned by McCain and the GOP.

Clinton was the only shot at the Dems gaining power in November, with Obama against McCain, the GOP is going to crush Obama with all his skeletons.

Oregon’s population of 3.7 million includes a much higher percentage of non-Hispanic white-alone population and a lower percentage of blacks than the nation as a whole, according to U.S. Census Bureau statistics. About 74 percent of Oregon’s voting-age citizens cast a ballot in the 2004 general election, well above the national rate of 64 percent.

Black alone 1.9%

Kentucky's population of 4.2 million includes a higher percentage of the non-Hispanic white-alone population and a lower percentage of Hispanics than the nation as a whole, according to U.S. Census Bureau statistics. About 65 percent of Kentucky’s voting-age citizens cast a ballot in the 2004 general election, not statistically different from the national rate of 64 percent.

Black alone 7.5%

Guest Hillary Clinton for President

I owe our 35-point win in Kentucky yesterday to your incredible support. So let me ask you -- do you think we should let the TV talking heads have the final say in this race? Or should we do what we have always done, and fight together for what you and I believe in?

I have never for one moment forgotten what this race is about -- the millions of people who are looking to you and me for the leadership America needs. It's about getting our economy moving again. It's about bringing the war in Iraq to a responsible end. It's about fulfilling America's energy needs while protecting the planet for our children and grandchildren. It's about making sure that every man, woman, and child in America has health care.

Now we have just three races left, and your help is absolutely critical in these final two weeks. So let's do it. Let's keep fighting and winning together, as we have all along.

I think it is between 20 - 30% are racist. But, I say these people are about to be enlightened when Obama is Commander and Chief.

Do you really think that many people that live in Kentucky are racist? That number is VERY high! I bet a few poeple from Kentucky would argue your point.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.