Washington DC Message Boards

George McGovern urges Hillary Rodham Clinton to Drop Out

Guest Luke

Guest Luke

Former South Dakota Senator and Democratic presidential candidate, George McGovern has urged his friend, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, to drop out of Democratic race.

We need to concentrate on a unified party that's capable of winning the White House," he said. Clinton has "made a great valiant race for the nomination. So has Barack Obama. It would appear to me that he has all but won the nomination - Sen. George McGovern

To my knowledge, this is the first prominent Hillary supporter to urge her to quit. Senator Clinton also revealed today she had to lend her campaign another $6.4 million dollars that she hopes donators to pay.

Guest Please Get Her Out

I cannot believe that DEADSKIN quarterback Heath Shuler endorsed Hillary Clinton the day AFTER the most devastating defeat her campaign. This is like old times. A loser backs a loser.

Guest Edinburgh

Hilary Clinton and her money grabbing husband will keep going until the bitter end because the money they continue raise for campaigning belongs to them after the Election. The Clintons have a net worth of 110 million. After she concedes that total will probably go up by a minimum of 30 million. Nice work if you can get it.

Guest Linda Mrochinski

I backed Hillary in the Wisconsin primary, but no matter which one gets in, I'm unimpressed by both of them at this point.

I cannot believe that DEADSKIN quarterback Heath Shuler endorsed Hillary Clinton the day AFTER the most devastating defeat her campaign. This is like old times. A loser backs a loser.

Hillary Clinton is not a loser. This is the most spirited Democratic contest that I have ever seen. Senator Clinton believes it is not over till its over. I admire her fighting spirit. But, I do not believe in a wait to see what dirt we can find on Obama strategy.

I think the race is reaching a point now where there are negative dividends from it in terms of strife within the party. - Senator Diane Feinstein

I think former Clinton aide, Congressman Emanuel stated what is happening to the Democratic Party best.

If you look at history, whether it was Ted Kennedy in 1980 versus Jimmy Carter in that primary, or Ronald Reagan in '76 with Gerald Ford, both of those candidates, how they lost their spirited primaries, affected the winner's ability to move on and have an effective general election. - Representative Rahm Emanuel

But, there is the argument that in 1980, Reagan chose bitter rival George H.W. Bush as his running mate and led the Republicans to a landslide after a primary race every bit as brutal as this year's Democratic brawl.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.