Washington DC Message Boards

WHO ARE THE WORST DC COUNCIL MEMBERS

WHO ARE THE WORST DC COUNCIL MEMBERS

111members.jpg

Many of us have uttered the words that “this” DC City Council is the worst ever, but which of its members are the worst when it comes to constituent services? By constituent services I am speaking of who does not respond to letters, respond to phone calls, follow up and more.

The top prize goes to David Catania followed by Carol Schwartz. On the other end, Jim Graham actually has the best record of responding to his constituents.

I base my conclusion upon people I work with from all wards, people I know and from talking to hundreds of people who have contacted members of the council.

To test my theory, I and six of my friends contacted by email and fax both Catania and Schwartz with matters that concerned issues within their domain. None of us ever got a letter, phone call or email back. We then sent a second email and fax and again, these two never responded.

So each of us decided let’s send an email to Jim Graham to see if he would respond and bingo, Jim Graham answered all of us and did not have a staffer do it for him.

The point is, why are we electing or re-electing people who ignore their constituents?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.