DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC Government Worker

Taxpayers Can File IRS Extension Forms Before Tax Deadline Tuesday

Guest DC Government Worker

The 2008 federal "Tax Day" is Tuesday, April 15, prompting procrastinators to cram in order to make the tax deadline.

People have been utilizing the services of H&R Block, as well as TurboTax and other tax services, in order to file properly. E-filing has become a lot more popular for taxpayers via www.irs.gov/efile.

Due to the rush to make the deadline, people have filed out an IRS extension form to get a tax extension. According to the IRS, more than 10 million extension requests will be filed during 2008 compared with 10 million extensions received during 2007. In addition, the IRS expects to receive almost 2 million extension requests electronically this year.

People filing only to receive the economic stimulus payment do not have to file by April 15 and they do not have to file a Form 4868 for an extension. These people must file Form 1040A, though, by Oct. 15 to receive the payment in 2008

Taxpayers can access more information on this credit by clicking on “1040 Central” on the front page of IRS.gov or refer to the Form 1040 instructions or IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax.

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=98155,00.html

Guest Bill Maher

You can make out your check directly to Halliburton. Or you can do what I'm going to do. I'm filing my first joint return. No, I'm not getting married, I'm sending the IRS an actual joint with a note that says, 'If you think I'm paying for this war, you must be high

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this