Washington DC Message Boards

European exchange banks are not accepting U.S. dollars

Guest Sam

My friend just came back from Amsterdam and told me that she had trouble exchanging U.S. dollars for Euros there. She said that they said they were not accepting our currency because it is to shaky right now. I think the news media should do a story about this.

Guest Patrick77

This is funny, because the Amsterdam falafel shop in Adams Morgan, there is a sign in the window saying "we accept Euros."

I know our country borrows $700-billion from foreigners. I wonder how long we will enjoy the privilege of owning the world's reserve currency.

Guest Thomas_*

How can the government expect to restore our economy with with a monetary policy that is not tranparent to the public. No one can get in touch with these invisible underwriters. It is truly an invisible hand of wealthy people silently guide the hand of our money into their favor.

I think the "In God We Trust" is printed on this paper to apease the working class to just accept their place in life.

We are not truly free. We are a slave to what the media beams into our living rooms. This media is not fair and impartial in its reporting. It uses smoke and mirror acts to make us look the other way.

The government is run by corporations for corporations. We first heard Obama speak about how he is listening to hardships of Main Street USA. Now we are hearing the same from Clinton. But, our President states we are not in a recession when there is no economic growth.

Now our President is authorizing over 30 billion taxpayer dollars in special financing to bail out the No. 5, 75 year old U.S. investment bank that went from $70/share to $2/share in less than 5 days. What is worse is our government does not even know how much assets this bank has. Its okay for the elite, but what about bailing out the American people? This President's FREEDOM dog and pony show is almost over at the expense of a in debt nation.

• 3 years later...
Guest angie

This is funny, because the Amsterdam falafel shop in Adams Morgan, there is a sign in the window saying "we accept Euros."

I know our country borrows $700-billion from foreigners. I wonder how long we will enjoy the privilege of owning the world's reserve currency.

visit www.endofamerica98.com read this is very alarming .

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.