Washington DC Message Boards

MAYOR FENTY HAS DC POLICE KEEPING FILES ON HIS POLITICAL ENEMIES

MAYOR FENTY HAS DC POLICE

KEEPING FILES ON HIS

POLITICAL ENEMIES

2324224720.jpg

This week, I learned that Mayor Adrian Fenty has asked the Metropolitan DC Police Department (his special detail) to open and maintain a file on any District citizen that Mayor Fenty perceives to be a political enemy of his.

While I cannot give out specific details other than I had a chance to see my file which was 14 inches thick in the course of my complaining to the US Department of Justice, my counsel and others, these files on DC citizens compiled by the DC MPD on citizens not because of any crime committed but only because Fenty sees them as an enemy to his political future is very alarming.

The fact that Mayor Fenty has asked the DC MPD to keep files on people he perceives as his political enemies sounds like a modern day McCarthyism, an abuse of his authority, an abuse by the DC MPD and should have people wondering if Fenty is losing his mind.

The big mistake the DC MPD made when they paid me a visit and I saw at my door who was ringing, I started my desk video camera, went to the door to let these three officers assigned to Fenty’s detail in and unknown to them, all that was said was being filmed. How stupid can Fenty be to allow his henchmen to be video taped in an effort to intimidate someone he perceives as political enemies when having these officers say that they can arrest you if you ever again send any email to mayor@dc.gov that disagrees with Fenty’s policies and positions? Mayor Fenty is losing his mind!

At minimum, readers might want to request a copy of all records held by the DC MPD under FOIA if you ever criticized Mayor Fenty.

You never know, Fenty may have you in his book as an enemy of The District!

Edited by Slick Willie

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.