Washington DC Message Boards

McCain clinches Republican nomination

Guest Always Red

Guest Always Red

With wins in the state primaries of Vermont, Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island, Senator John McCain has gathered enough delegates to clinch the Republican Party's nomination for President of the United States.

President George W. Bush has invited McCain to the White House on Wednesday to show his support for the candidate.

Meanwhile, McCain's rival Mike Huckabee officially dropped out of the race after giving a concession speech at his campaign headquarters. "We kept the faith, that for me has been the most important goal of all," said Huckabee, referring to his conservative Christian principles that gained him much support among evangelicals. "I'd rather lose the election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place."

Mccain is not to right or left "Right in the middle". I on the other hand am a moderate right winger. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With wins in the state primaries of Vermont, Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island, Senator John McCain has gathered enough delegates to clinch the Republican Party's nomination for President of the United States.

President George W. Bush has invited McCain to the White House on Wednesday to show his support for the candidate.

Meanwhile, McCain's rival Mike Huckabee officially dropped out of the race after giving a concession speech at his campaign headquarters. "We kept the faith, that for me has been the most important goal of all," said Huckabee, referring to his conservative Christian principles that gained him much support among evangelicals. "I'd rather lose the election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place."

Guest Lawrence Zell

To his credit Obama has gotten many folks excited with his call for change. But when it comes to formulating and conducting foreign policy in a dangerously volatile, terror-threatened world, electing a freshman senator with but a fleeting familiarity with international and security affairs is simply not an option.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.