Washington DC Message Boards

Strange Spam : WILL YOU BE AVAILABLE?!!!

I received a strange email that was sent to my email today.

from : mailerpacker@gmail.com, to : cubswin2210@comcast.com

cubswin2210@comcast.com is not me. I am a Nats fan.

Hi,Glad to inform you that , there would be a Wedding Ceremony of my beloved sister (Nancy), coming up on the 23th Of FEB which would be held in within the state, but the location is yet to announce by the party planner, so we would need a musician/band player e.t.c on that day , we will want to know if you will be available to render us your valuable service for that date, if so , we would need you for the service, People in Attendance would be between 150/200. so we would want you to get back to us with the total cost for the services and your availability .I would be glad to read from you regarding your service to us that day.

Thanks,

Mailer

I got another message with two different emails.

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 02:22:21 +0000

To: aewjazz@aol.com

Subject: WILL YOU BE AVAILABLE?!!!

Hi, glad to inform you that there would be a wedding ceremony on the 29th of march 2008, but the venue is yet to be informed by the party planner in charge of the party, so we are looking for a Photographer for the ceremony, please let us know your availability and your payment, Attendance will be 90 to 130, and it would be a four hours reception, we only need you at the reception. Also let us know where you are located.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I received a strange email that was sent to my email today.

from : mailerpacker@gmail.com, to : cubswin2210@comcast.com

cubswin2210@comcast.com is not me. I am a Nats fan.

:(

I recieved this same e-mail.. have no idea who it is from.. looks spammy to me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WILL YOU BE AVAILABLE!!&

Hi there, I have received almost the same e-mail yesterday. I am photographer but this mail seemed fake to me because of the way that it was written and also because it seems that it was sent to "wuvlylady08@hotmail.com" and that one is not my e-mail address. This strange message come from: "wjjwilliams@gmail.com"

Following is the message as I have received it:

"Hi, glad to inform you that there would be a wedding ceremony on the 29th of march 2008, but the venue is yet to be informed by the party planner in charge of the party, so we are looking for a Photographer for the ceremony, please let us know your availability and your payment, Attendance will be 90 to 130, and it would be a four hours reception, we only need you at the reception. Also let us know where you are located.

Thanks."

Can someone tell me if you have received the same mail too?

Thank you and regards,

Lidya

• 2 weeks later...
Guest macaque

I also got this spam. Not addressed to me but in my inbox. I also googled and found this board. I am a musician and so is the addressee. Very weird spam.

from Mailler <wjjwilliams@gmail.com>

to redabbott@gmail.com,

date Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM

subject WILL YOU BE AVAILABLE?

mailed-by gmail.com

Hi,Glad to inform you that , there would be a Wedding Ceremony of my beloved sister (Carolyn), coming up on the 26th of April which would be held in within the state, but the location is yet to announce by the party planner, so we would need a musician/band player e.t.c on that day , we will want to know if you will be available to render us your valuable service for that date, if so , we would need you for the service, People in Attendance would be between 150/200. so we would want you to get back to us with the total cost for the services and your availability .I would be glad to read from you regarding your service to us that day.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Guest SOUNDandENTERTAINMENT.com

I own a record label in Colorado and I got one too:

williams james to pughkat

--

Hi,Glad to inform you that , There would be a Wedding Ceremony of my beloved sister (Michelle), coming up on the 13th of September 2008 which would be held in within the state, but the location is yet to announce by the party planner, so we would need a musician/band player e.t.c on that day , we will want to know if you will be available to render us your valuable service for that date, if so , we would need you for the service, People in Attendance would be between 150/200.