Washington DC Message Boards

JOHN McCAIN WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT

Psycho

The hidden bias of most Americans against having an African American or Woman as President of the United States will be revealed on November 4, 2008!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is the legality question of whether John McCain is considered a natural born citizen in the United States.

In the Supreme Court Case: United States v. Wong Kim Ark (1898) indicates that foreign born children of Americans are not natural born.

Section 7701(a)(9) of the Internal Revenue Code states that “the term ‘United States’ when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia.”

McCain was born on August 29, 1936, at the Coco Solo Air Base in the then-American-controlled Panama Canal Zone.

http://www.house.gov/house/Constitution/Constitution.html

Article. II.

Section. 1.

Clause 1: The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Clause 2: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

Clause 3: The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President. (See Note 8)

Clause 4: The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Clause 5: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Clause 6: In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, (See Note 9) the Same shall devolve on the VicePresident, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Clause 7: The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Clause 8: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Article II, Section 1, clause 5. Appropriately, this has been described as the worst provision in the post-Civil War Constitution.

Does natural born Citizen mean only children born within the boundaries of the United States? Does the term include within its scope children born abroad to a U.S. citizen? If so, does it include only children born abroad to a U.S. citizen who is serving in the military or employed by our government overseas? Or does it also include a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen simply living or working abroad? Could it include a child born abroad but adopted by a U.S. citizen?

Many Americans would probably be surprised to learn that a constitutional question remains as to whether children born abroad to a U.S. citizen serving in the military or serving at a Government post are not clearly, indisputably, eligible to seek the highest office in our land. Nor is it clear whether a child born overseas to a citizen traveling or working abroad is eligible to run for President. There are strong legal arguments that say these children are eligible to run for President, but it is certainly not an inarguable point.

The Panama Canal Zone (Spanish: Zona del Canal de Panamá), was a 553 square mile (1,432 km²) territory inside of Panama, consisting of the Panama Canal and an area generally extending 5 miles (8.1 km) on each side of the centerline (but excluding Panama City and Colón, which otherwise would have fallen in part within the limits of the Canal Zone.) Its border spanned two of Panama's provinces and was created on November 18, 1903 with the signing of the Hay-Bunau Varilla Treaty.

This is an interesting fact

In 1880, the Congress of the United States had enacted a law, known as the Chinese Exclusion Act, prohibiting persons of the Chinese race from coming into the United States or becoming naturalized U.S. citizens. Chinese immigrants already in the U.S. were allowed to stay, but were ineligible for naturalization and if they left the U.S., they generally could not return.

However, the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratified in 1868 after the Civil War, states the following concerning citizenship: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

The Supreme Court, in the Wong Kim Ark case, was called upon to decide whether an American-born person of Chinese ancestry could constitutionally be denied U.S. citizenship and excluded from the country.

Held: In a 6-2 decision, the Court held that under the Fourteenth Amendment, a child born in the United States of parents of foreign descent who, at the time of the child's birth are subjects of a foreign power but who have a permanent domicile and residence in the United States and are carrying on business in the United States, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under a foreign power, and are not members of foreign forces in hostile occupation of United States territory, becomes a citizen of the United States at the time of birth.

The 14th Amendment's citizenship clause, according to the court's majority, had to be interpreted in light of English common law tradition that had excluded from citizenship at birth only two classes of people: children born to foreign diplomats and (2) children born to enemy forces engaged in hostile occupation of the country's territory. The majority held that the "subject to the jurisdiction" phrase in the 14th Amendment specifically encompassed these conditions (plus a third condition, namely, that Indian tribes were not considered subject to U.S. jurisdiction.

Since McCain was born on an U.S. Naval base (Coco Solo) in the Canal Zone when the United States controlled it, he would be a 'natural-born' U.S. citizen. Like U.S. embassies in foreign countries, U.S. military bases are considered to be U.S. soil.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/slbid/1/2/140?hilite=

INA: ACT 303 - PERSONS BORN IN THE CANAL ZONE OR REPUBLIC OF PANAMA ON OR AFTER FEBRUARY 26, 1994

Sec. 303. [8 U.S.C. 1403]

( a ) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this Act, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.

( b ) Any person born in the Republic of Panama on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this Act, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States employed by the Government of the United States or by the Panama Railroad Company, or its successor in title, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.

But is he a natural born (jus soli) citizen or a naturalized (lex soli) citizen?

Jus soli (Latin for "right of the soil" or, somewhat figuratively, "right of the territory"), or birthright citizenship, is a right by which nationality or citizenship can be recognised to any individual born in the territory of the related state.

Most states provide a specific lex soli, in application of the respective jus soli, and it is the most common means of acquiring nationality. A frequent exception to lex soli is imposed when a child was born to a parent in the diplomatic or consular service of another state, on a mission to the state in question.

Because 8 USC 1403(a) uses the term “is declared to be a citizen” (emphasis added), that leans heavily towards a lex soli position (naturalization). And persons born to citizens between November 1903 (when Panama became independent from Colombia with U.S. intervention) and February 1904 are not declared citizens under this section, which indicates that the declaration of citizenship is simply naturalization and not by birth since it is dependent on the law and a calendar date.

Furthermore, naturalization is defined in 8 USC 1101(a)(23):

(a) As used in this chapter—

(23) The term “naturalization” means the conferring of nationality of a state upon a person after birth, by any means whatsoever.

In other words, naturalization means a person is made, conferred, or “declared” a citizen after birth, leaving “natural born” to only mean becoming a citizen at birth. This is consistent with 8 USC 1403(a), which was enacted when John McCain was 16 years old. So at 16 years old John McCain was naturalized as a citizen by legislation, that legislation being the INA.

Guest human_*

Law; If the democrats try that little stunt? They WILL lose support "Because it WILL be seen as trying to steal the election's by trying to use the legal process, as it was tried in 2000".

I can't believe that the democrats would be that stupid AGAIN? But then I could be mistaken. ]:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But is he a natural born (jus soli) citizen or a naturalized (lex soli) citizen?

Jus soli (Latin for "right of the soil" or, somewhat figuratively, "right of the territory"), or birthright citizenship, is a right by which nationality or citizenship can be recognised to any individual born in the territory of the related state.

Most states provide a specific lex soli, in application of the respective jus soli, and it is the most common means of acquiring nationality. A frequent exception to lex soli is imposed when a child was born to a parent in the diplomatic or consular service of another state, on a mission to the state in question.

Because 8 USC 1403(a) uses the term “is declared to be a citizen” (emphasis added), that leans heavily towards a lex soli position (naturalization). And persons born to citizens between November 1903 (when Panama became independent from Colombia with U.S. intervention) and February 1904 are not declared citizens under this section, which indicates that the declaration of citizenship is simply naturalization and not by birth since it is dependent on the law and a calendar date.

Furthermore, naturalization is defined in 8 USC 1101(a)(23):

(a) As used in this chapter—

(23) The term “naturalization” means the conferring of nationality of a state upon a person after birth, by any means whatsoever.

In other words, naturalization means a person is made, conferred, or “declared” a citizen after birth, leaving “natural born” to only mean becoming a citizen at birth. This is consistent with 8 USC 1403(a), which was enacted when John McCain was 16 years old. So at 16 years old John McCain was naturalized as a citizen by legislation, that legislation being the INA.

I was given a Press Release of Senator McCaskill that should put an end to this debacle.

McCaskill Fights to Clarify Presidential Eligibility for Americans Born Abroad

Children born to military families serving abroad get their shot at being president

After starting out her day shocked about a New York Times article that calls into question the eligibility of American citizens born outside the United States to U.S. military families to become President, U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill filed a bill today to put an end to the question once and for all.

Just before she spoke on the Senate floor about her concerns related to this issue, McCaskill hand wrote her legislative fix on a yellow legal pad, which she delivered to the Senate clerk, that would ensure that any person born to U.S. citizens serving in the Armed Services while stationed abroad qualify to become president of the United States.

“In America, so many parents say to their young children, ‘if you work hard and you play by the rules, in America, someday you can be president of the United States,’” McCaskill said today on the Senate floor. “Our brave and respected military should never have to spend a minute worrying whether or not this is true for their child.”

The U.S. Constitution currently states that “No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,” but does not define the term natural born citizen. McCaskill’s bill would clarify the eligibility requirements for becoming president by defining the term “natural-born citizen” as it relates to citizens born to U.S. military families while abroad.

To date, every president elected was either born in the continental U.S. or was a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. However, it is not uncommon for U.S. military families serving abroad to give birth to children during their time overseas. McCaskill believes there should be no question about whether these children could serve as president someday.

“We should quickly and without fanfare fix this ambiguity and make it very clear that any child of anyone serving in the active military should in fact be qualified to run for president of the United States,” McCaskill said.

Guest ALWAYS RED

I think the Children of any American soldier should be considered natural born citizens. I hope this bill gets passed soon.

John McCain more than any other candidate deserves to be our next President of the United States.

He is a war hero and and a experienced legislator. I am willing to bet that on election day the majority of Americans will feel the same way.

I just received this email from the office of Congressman Ron Paul.

Luke,

In Congressman Paul's opinion McCain's birthplace does not present an eligibility problem for the presidency of the United States.

Rachel Mills

Communications Director

Congressman Ron Paul

http://www.house.gov/paul/

This means that I can never be president because I was born in Sicily, Italy.

Well, I guess I must stick to just trying to bribe them.

I just received this email from the office of Congressman Ron Paul.

http://www.house.gov/paul/

Guest HunterFirstClass

I think John McCain what should be defined as the change candidate. He is considered a rebel in the Republican Party. I think his team should emphasize this. Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John McCain 2008

Last week, I was humbled to win the support of 1,191 delegates and officially become the presumptive nominee of our party. It was a great honor to also receive the endorsement of President Bush and visit the Republican National Committee to begin laying out our strategy for victory in November. We face a tough challenge, but I'm confident that together we will win.

It's been a long journey. While I would like to sit back and reflect on what we've been through over these many months, there will be time for that later. Right now, beginning today, we must join together as a party. We must unite as we face either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama in November. I ask that you join me today and make a financial commitment to help our campaign replenish our resources to achieve our goals.

Now we move into the second phase of this campaign. Together, we must convince the American people that our shared conservative principles and my election as president, are in the best interests of the country we love.

And this will be, without question, the toughest phase. From this moment forward, whomever the Democrats choose, we will face a candidate directly opposed to us on every important issue facing our nation. The Democratic nominee will increase the size of the federal government, raise your taxes, and withdraw our armed forces from Iraq's front lines based on an arbitrary timetable. My commitment will be to cut taxes, reduce the size of government and bring the war to the swiftest possible conclusion without leaving the region in chaos, or an enemy emboldened to attack us elsewhere with weapons we dare not allow them to possess.

We have prepared for this fight for a long, long time. It begins today. We've come this far. Let's go on to victory.

Thank you,

John McCain

Guest ALWAYS RED

Lieberman supporting Republican John McCain for president because he's the most likely to bring about change in Washington.

"To me, one of the great problems we have in Washington, before we can solve the real problems, is partisanship," Lieberman told a group of reporters and editors at The Advocate's Stamford office Friday afternoon.

The country cannot begin to address problems such as failing public schools, health care problems and global warming until there's a dialogue between players in both parties, he said.

"He actually, in my opinion, will bring about more change than the Democratic candidates because he's a boat-rocker . . . a problem-solver," Lieberman said of McCain. "He's really a reformer."

Lieberman's support for the U.S. senator from Arizona has been the last straw for many Democrats in the state reeling from his successful independent run against Ned Lamont, the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate, in 2006. His critics say the Stamford resident has abandoned the Democratic Party and say he remains a member in name only.

Lieberman, who calls himself an independent Democrat, still caucuses with Senate Democrats who need him to maintain a 51-49 majority.

Friday, Lieberman said he will attend the Republican National Convention this summer, "if Senator McCain thinks it will be helpful to be there in some capacity."

Lieberman is co-chairman of McCain's campaign in Connecticut with U.S. Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Bridgeport.

"I am not going to attend the Democratic Convention for obvious reasons," Lieberman said.

He criticized Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama more than once during the 45-minute session, saying he strongly disagreed with their plans for setting a timeline for withdrawing troops from Iraq.

Clinton has said she would begin pulling troops out within 60 days of taking office; Obama has said he would bring all combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.

Asked whether he agreed with Mitt Romney's characterization of the Democrats' position on the war as a surrender, Lieberman said he does.

"Their positions on Iraq represent a retreat, which would be a surrender on Iraq," he said.

Lieberman went on to say he's frustrated with Clinton and Obama for ignoring the progress that's taking place in Iraq. The debate in the Democratic primaries, he said, "seems to go on without recognition of what's changed in Iraq over the past year."

Lieberman, who was in the war zone around Thanksgiving, said he plans to assess the progress during a visit this week. He left yesterday on a trip to Iraq, Jordan, Israel and Europe with McCain and U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

Asked about the state of the economy and the prospect of raising taxes to pay for the war, Lieberman said it's unrealistic not to hike taxes and avoid a deficit. He lamented that even with the spike in patriotism after Sept. 11, 2001, Americans didn't embrace a tax hike like they did during World War II, when "you were asked to contribute a lot to beat the enemy."

Lieberman acknowledged the cost of the war limits the government's ability to cut taxes to stoke the economy but said he supports the economic stimulus package that gives tax refunds of up to $1,200 to working couples and up to $600 to single income-tax filers, plus more for families with children.

"In Connecticut, something like a million-and-a-half households will get a check, and we hope it will be spent," he said.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/local...,0,752239.story

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Always Faithful

Thank you John McCain for your service to this Nation! I would like to nominate Condoleezza Rice as your running mate. I think she would be the best candidate for Vice President. If it was not for Secretary Rice our country would be in one hell of a mess in Iraq. With all do respect Secretary Rice stood up against Donald Rumsfeld’s failing "light footprint" strategy that created a Sunni vs. Shite civil war. It takes a big President to realize a mistake and change the course. As we can see now Secretary Rice's "Clear, Hold, and Build" strategy is working.

Being African American I have been impressed with Senator Obama's oratory skills, but I fear that he will lead both Iraq and the United States to the same failed "light footprint" course that will cause more lives to be lost within a shorter period of time. I also believe that the United States will be considered a fluttering with the political wind nation. Or even worse... A paper tiger.

I believe that Senator Clinton's recent racist remarks and hateful rhetoric show me that she is not qualified to be our President. With all do respect Hillary is been following political polls and mimicking Senator Obama's statements literally word for word. I feel that her divisive must win at all cost will do extremely volatile.

I believe an McCain - Rice ticket will heal america in many ways. Secretary Rice is an leader for the African American community and women accross the country. Secretary Rice is willing to make tough decisions that are not always popular. I think history will show Condoleeza Rice a great American Hero.

Guest Ben Ami
Thank you John McCain for your service to this Nation! I would like to nominate Condoleezza Rice as your running mate. I think she would be the best candidate for Vice President. If it was not for Secretary Rice our country would be in one hell of a mess in Iraq. With all do respect Secretary Rice stood up against Donald Rumsfeld’s failing "light footprint" strategy that created a Sunni vs. Shite civil war. It takes a big President to realize a mistake and change the course. As we can see now Secretary Rice's "Clear, Hold, and Build" strategy is working.

Being African American I have been impressed with Senator Obama's oratory skills, but I fear that he will lead both Iraq and the United States to the same failed "light footprint" course that will cause more lives to be lost within a shorter period of time. I also believe that the United States will be considered a fluttering with the political wind nation. Or even worse... A paper tiger.

I believe that Senator Clinton's recent racist remarks and hateful rhetoric show me that she is not qualified to be our President. With all do respect Hillary is been following political polls and mimicking Senator Obama's statements literally word for word. I feel that her divisive must win at all cost will do extremely volatile.

I believe an McCain - Rice ticket will heal america in many ways. Secretary Rice is an leader for the African American community and women accross the country. Secretary Rice is willing to make tough decisions that are not always popular. I think history will show Condoleeza Rice a great American Hero.

I do not know what your smoking, but I want some of it. Why would anyone, seeking the highest office in the land, admit that he knows little about economics????? That man is just stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick J. Buchanan

Having cheerfully confessed he knows little about economics, John McCain is advancing himself as a foreign-policy president, a "realistic idealist," he told the World Affairs Council of Los Angeles.

But judging from the content of his speech, McCain is no more a realist than he is a reflective man.

Speaking of our five-year war in Iraq, McCain declares, "It would be an unconscionable act of betrayal, a stain on our character as a nation, if we were to walk away from the Iraqi people and consign them to the horrendous violence, ethnic cleansing, and possible genocide that would follow a reckless, irresponsible and premature withdrawal."

Guest J. Glover

I wonder whether John McCain is up for the job. He still cannot figure out the difference between Sunnis and Shiites. It is embarrassing.

At a press conference in Amman, Jordan, Mr McCain said he was concerned about Iranians "taking al-Qa'eda into Iran, training them and sending them back".

When challenged, he responded: "Well, it's common knowledge and has been reported in the media that al-Qa'eda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran. That's well known. And it's unfortunate."

After Senator Joe Lieberman, his colleague and fellow Iraq hawk, whispered in his ear, Mr McCain said: "I'm sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qa'eda."

For those who did not watch the Gen Patraeaus report to Congress, McCain asks Petraeus, "Do you still view al Qaeda in Iraq as a major threat?" The general responded, "It is still a major threat, though it is certainly not as major a threat as it was say 15 months ago. "McCain added, "Certainly not an obscure sect of the Shi'ites all overall? Petraeus answered, "No," though McCain quickly added, "Or Sunnis or anybody else."

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueDog

I was watching Larry King the other night when the Presidents's daughter, Jenna Bush was asked whether she was in McCain's corner. "I don't know, she replied.

I can see the bumper stickers now.

Bush likes Clinton

Bush likes Obama

or

Clinton likes Bush

Obama likes Bush

Guest LAW_*

John McCain is going to have a hard time dodging his January 31, 2005 interview on MSNBC's "Hardball." Chris Matthews asked McCain if the United States could get along without making Iraq "the home of a U.S. garrison".

"I not only think we could get along without it," said McCain, "but I think one of our big problems has been the fact that many Iraqis resent American military presence."

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Obama for America

This week, John McCain and George Bush gathered behind closed doors, away from the cameras, to raise money for McCain's campaign.

McCain used Bush to raise a reported $3.5 million from a group of about 500 Republican contributors.

That's a lot of money that will undoubtedly be used to attack us and make the case to continue George Bush's failed policies.

In the words of one reporter, the gala fundraiser with Bush was "part of McCain's delicate effort to find the balance between embracing an unpopular president and taking advantage of his huge continuing draw with well-heeled Republicans."

We'll see more of this dance in the weeks and months ahead, but we already know the steps.

As we prepare to take on John McCain, now is our first chance to show that a grassroots movement of people giving only what they can afford can go toe-to-toe with the Bush-McCain fundraising machine.

Guest human_*

And you barack obama "Or who ever you are" wants to bring failed Chicago style housing nationally.

Add to that, that I got your savior "among others" to support undocumented immigration, and it's in writing too. :)

You got to love politics at times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, John McCain and George Bush gathered behind closed doors, away from the cameras, to raise money for McCain's campaign.

McCain used Bush to raise a reported $3.5 million from a group of about 500 Republican contributors.

That's a lot of money that will undoubtedly be used to attack us and make the case to continue George Bush's failed policies.

In the words of one reporter, the gala fundraiser with Bush was "part of McCain's delicate effort to find the balance between embracing an unpopular president and taking advantage of his huge continuing draw with well-heeled Republicans."

We'll see more of this dance in the weeks and months ahead, but we already know the steps.

As we prepare to take on John McCain, now is our first chance to show that a grassroots movement of people giving only what they can afford can go toe-to-toe with the Bush-McCain fundraising machine.

Guest POON

Take a look at this.

McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

There's no question John McCain is getting a free ride from the mainstream press. But with the power of YouTube and the blogosphere, we can provide an accurate portrayal of the so-called Maverick. We can put the brakes on his free ride!

Since we first released The Real McCain a year ago, our REAL McCain series has garnered close to 2 million views, with over 13,000 comments and tens of thousands more in petition signatures! Clearly, John McCain's record is something the public wants to discuss, and yet the corporate media is doing NOTHING to present the truth. We feel obliged to continue countering the mainstream media's love of McCain. And so we thought it was high time for a sequel: The Real McCain 2.

Guest Michael Collins Piper

SOME CYNICS SAY THAT Sen. John McCain’s recent visit to London to attend a fundraiser for his presidential candidacy hosted by Lord Jacob Rothschild of the international banking empire may have been quite simply a case of McCain going to Rothschild for his marching orders.

As if to underscore his allegiances, McCain preceded his trip to pay court to Lord Rothschild with a visit to Israel, the Middle East state that counts the Rothschild family as among its chief patrons, to the point that an earlier Rothschild, Edmond, of the Paris-based arm of the banking family, is honored on Israel’s currency today.

McCain was accompanied to the Rothschild gala (and to Israel) by his good friend and fellow devotee of Israel, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.), who has endorsed McCain and who is often mentioned as either a vice presidential running mate for McCain or as a likely secretary of state in a McCain administration.

Although McCain’s sponsor, Lord Rothschild (as a citizen of Britain) is not permitted by American law to make campaign contributions directly to McCain, he was permitted to host a big-ticket fundraising reception for McCain attended by Americans in the Rothschild sphere of influence who were willing to pay aminimum of $1,000 per person for the privilege of mixing it up with the American presidential candidate who is clearly the Rothschild family’s favorite.

That the Rothschild empire would support McCain should come as no surprise to those familiar with McCain’s record.

First of all, McCain has been a longtime member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). Although, on Oct, 30, 1993, The Washington Post described the CFR as “the nearest thing we have to a ruling establishment in the United States,” saying that they are “the people who, for more than half a century, have managed our international affairs and our military-industrial complex,” what the Post did not say was that the CFR is actually only a NewYork-based division of the grandly named Royal Institute of International Affairs, which has functioned as the foreign policy-making arm of the Rothschild dynasty, long the prime mover, behind the scenes, of Britain’s imperial ventures.

In addition, McCain’s own backstage connections in his home state of Arizona (See AFP, Feb 4, 2008) are equally intriguing and point even further to the reasons why the Rothschilds are enamored with McCain.

As AFP pointed out, McCain’s late father-in-law, Jim Hensley, was a top figure in the organized crime power network surrounding one Kemper Marley, who acted as the front man in Arizona for the Bronfman family—key players in the Lansky crime syndicate, popularly though inaccurately referred to as “the Mafia”—who used Marley to control both major political parties in that state.

The Bronfman family has long been allied with the Rothschilds as among the leading billionaire patrons of Israel and the global Zionist movement, so much so that Edgar Bronfman, head of the dynasty, was, for many years head of the World Jewish Congress (WJC), which is now lorded over by his son Matthew, who is chairman of the WJC’s governing board.

Eight years ago, when McCain first ran for president, Edgar Bronfman was a contributor to his campaign. And at the time McCain included among his closest advisors the ubiquitous William Kristol of the stridently pro-Israel neo-conservative journal, The Weekly Standard, whose owner, media baron Rupert Murdoch, rose to wealth and power through the sponsorship of the Rothschild and Bronfman families.

Kristol has attended the secretive Bilderberg meetings that are sponsored jointly on an annual basis by the Rothschild family in partnership with their American confreres in the Rockefeller family.

So the McCain-Bronfman-Rothschild connection is intimate on multiple levels and explains much about McCain’s long-standing tendency to be an almost feverish advocate for Israel’s interests.

McCain himself has declared his allegiance to Israel, above and beyond U.S. interests. In a March 14, 1999 speech in New York to the National Council of Young Israel, McCain said:

We choose, as a nation, to intervene militarily abroad in defense of the moral values that are at the center of our national conscientiousness even when vital national interests are not necessarily at stake. I raise this point because it lies at the heart of this nation’s approach to Israel. The survival of Israel is one of this country’s most important moral commitments.

Thus, McCain would be willing to commit the United States to a war in defense of Israel, even if U.S. “vital interests are not necessarily at stake.” His endorsement of assaults upon the so-called “rogue” Islamic states is part and parcel of this policy, which hardly places America first.

In fact, the record shows that McCain has long been part of an elitist group promoting U.S. military action in defense of Israel. According to theAug. 2, 1996 issue of the London-based Jewish Chronicle, McCain was a member of a little-known operation calling itself the Commission on America’s National Interest that issued a report rating Israel as a “blue chip” interest for the United States worth “spending serious treasure and serious blood on”—a conclusion many Americans might question.

The report ranked Israel’s survival “on a par with preventing nuclear, biological and nuclear attacks on the U.S. as a vital American interest.” The Chronicle summarized the report, quoting the group, with the headline: “Americans ‘should go to war to defend Israel.’”

McCain has said that he is “driven” by “Wilsonian principles”—the internationalist philosophy that U.S. military might should be used to enforce what critics have called the New World Order.

In 2006, for his enthusiastic efforts on Israel’s behalf, the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) gave McCain its “distinguished service award” named in memory of the late Sen. Henry M. Jackson (D-Wash.) who was long one of the Israeli lobby’s favorite members of Congress.

To be hailed by JINSA, however, is a rather dubious honor, inasmuch as several people associated with JINSA including its founder Stephen Bryen, and Bryen’s close friend, Richard Perle (another regular attendee at the meetings of the Bilderberg group) as well as Paul Wolfowitz (former president of the World Bank) have all been investigated by the FBI in past years on suspicion of espionage on behalf of Israel.

Now the presumptive Republican Party’s presidential nominee has received the formal public endorsement of the unrivaled royal family of international Zionism—the Rothschilds.

Michael Collins Piper can be heard every week day night live on the Internet at republicbroadcasting.org. He is the author of Final Judgment, the controversial “underground bestseller” documenting the collaboration of Israeli intelligence in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He is also the author of The High Priests of War, The New Jerusalem: Zionist Power in America , The Judas Goats: The Enemy Within, Dirty Secrets: Crime, Conspiracy & Cover-Up in the 20th Century, and The GOLEM: Israel's Hell Bomb. These works can be found at America First Books and FIRST AMENDMENT BOOKS: 1-888-699-NEWS. He has lectured on suppressed topics in places as diverse as Malaysia, Japan, Canada, Russia and Abu Dhabi.

Guest Fed Up

Did you know a trust controlled by John McCain's wife Cindy included more than $315,000 in investments in three foreign oil companies that do business in Iran

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.