Washington DC Message Boards

Clinton wants to restore all of Florida's delegates

Human

I've never seen hillary desperate before. You have to admit, no matter which way it goes? It's not a boring election season. Even the democrat party is nervous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5487294.html

Jan. 25, 2008, 11:01PM

Campaign notebook

Clinton wants to restore all of Florida's delegates

From wire reports

WASHINGTON — In a bit of political theater, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and the Florida Democratic Party clamored to restore convention delegates that had been stripped by the national party.

At stake: 185 delegates in a state where Clinton leads almost 2-to-1.

The presidential candidate said Friday — just four days before Florida's primary — that she wants the convention delegates from Florida and Michigan reinstated. The national party eliminated all the delegates from those states — more than 350 in all — because they broke party rules against holding their primaries before Feb. 5. All the major Democratic candidates also made pledges not to campaign in those states before their primaries.

Clinton could claim most of the Michigan delegates because she won that state's primary after the other major candidates pulled their names from the ballot.

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign manager accused Clinton of pandering.

One Florida senator endorses McCain ...

Florida Sen. Mel Martinez endorsed John McCain on Friday, a move likely to give the Republican presidential candidate a crucial boost with the state's Cuban-Americans just days before the primary.

"I understand that he is ready on Day One to lead this nation, and I would trust the future and the security of this nation to this man," Martinez said in his introduction of McCain at the Latin Builders Association.

He added: "I would not endorse someone that I didn't have total confidence is going to be (Fidel) Castro's worst nightmare."

The decision is a blow to Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor in a close fight with McCain for support of voters in the Cuban-American community. It also is a setback for Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor in a close race against McCain.

Martinez, a Republican who was born in Cuba, emigrated to the United States as a teenager and is popular in Miami's Little Havana neighborhood. It remains to be seen whether Martinez's endorsement will translate into votes given that a significant percentage of voters already have cast absentee and early ballots — many before Giuliani's drop in the state.

... And the other will endorse Clinton

Florida Sen. Bill Nelson plans to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton, a major gain for the Democratic presidential candidate in a state that's at odds with the national party over its primary date yet remains a swing state in November's general election.

Nelson is slated to make the endorsement on Tuesday, the same day as the primary, according to senior Democrats close to Clinton who spoke on condition of anonymity because the formal announcement has not yet been made.

Guest human_*

With Obama winning, I've gotten my answer.

All of this IS going to come down to the wire.

Mitt Romney vs. John Mccain

Hillary rodom vs. Barack Obama

I wont be posting on anything political for a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Clinton camp wants Michigan delegates as well.

Guest BlingBling_*

That is because Obama will be our country's first African American President. Obama is a fresh look to the freedom this land keeps preaching about. Obama is the better candidate. Obama will fight for Americans that want to work.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.