Washington DC Message Boards

Why marketing is so important

Luke_Wilbur

Many organizations that I meet are internally driven and are not peering out on what is happenning in their market place. Marketing is very relevant for all business leaders as the principle of knowing who your customer is and pleasing them is important whatever field you work in. Companies need to explain the benefits of their products to their customers and the right marketing tools can help to increase the success of products.

Guest human_*

Yeah!! That’s one thing that the government does not do well at all. Government in general does not market their achievements well. Neither did the congressman's I've worked for either.

Even in the people in my community are always telling me that I should Run for mayor, and I get it from democrats, liberals "Everybody", and they all know that I'm Republican, but they also know that when it comes to my community? I serve them.

Even the neighboring counties don't like my community at all. Violent crime, and drug dealing is close to non-existent in my community. People in my community can walk in the dead of night through the parks with out any problems.

It's also nice to have several lawyers living in the community, and they have kids, and one neighbor kept on letting his dogs loose, and I got several of the lawyers together, and now that neighbor never leaves his dogs loose. <Wink>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many organizations that I meet are internally driven and are not peering out on what is happenning in their market place. Marketing is very relevant for all business leaders as the principle of knowing who your customer is and pleasing them is important whatever field you work in. Companies need to explain the benefits of their products to their customers and the right marketing tools can help to increase the success of products.

• 1 year later...
Guest Human

Just for Fun;

http://www.does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view,a,1232,q,537708.asp

D.C. Department of Employment Services

Hot Jobs

The following job openings are among the many currently listed with the DC Department of Employment Services Job Bank as of July 29, 2009.

Job Order # Job Title Salary Location

DC0070709 Sales Representative $55,000/year NW/DC

DC0070710 Mgr of Inside Sale & Licensing $50,850/year NE/DC

DC0070711 LMS Administrator $60,000/year SW/DC

DC0070713 Program Manager III $110,000/year SE/DC

DC0070716 Data Manager $74,485/year NW/DC

DC0070717 Engineer $75,836/year SE/DC

DC0070718 Technical Support Administrator $49,000/year NW/DC

DC0070738 Public Health Nutritionist $35,000/year NW/DC

DC0070749 Children's Activity Coordinator $49,000/year NW/DC

DC0070757 Legal Assistant 1 09-0382 $41,400/year NW/DC

DC0070758 Business Process Consultant $65,000/year NW/DC

DC0070763 Heavy Equipment Operator $15.00/hour SE/DC

DC0070764 International Recruiter $50,000/year NW/DC

DC0070772 Accountant $29.60/hour NE/DC

DC0070777 Executive Assistant to Gen Secretary $20.71/hour NE/DC

DC0070785 Head Cook $15.70/hour NW/DC

DC0070788 Behavioral Support Counselor $14.00/hour NW/DC

To apply for any of these jobs, contact the One-Stop Career Center nearest your home or online at www.dcnetworks.org.

For the location of the nearest job service center, call Washington Job Bank at (202) 698-6001.