Washington DC Message Boards

John McCain is a leader voters trust

Guest JOSEPH W. MCQUAID

Guest JOSEPH W. MCQUAID

The McCain camp said that with Saturday's win, and an earlier victory in New Hampshire, he has passed "the historical test for Republican candidates and is on course to win."

His record, his character, and his courage show him to be the most trustworthy, competent, and conservative of all those seeking the nomination. Simply put, McCain can be trusted to make informed decisions based on the best interests of his country, come hell or high water.

When McCain was shot down and taken prisoner by the North Vietnamese, he was repeatedly beaten. When his captors discovered that his father was a top U.S. admiral, they ordered him released for propaganda purposes. But McCain refused, insisting that longer-held prisoners be released before him. So they beat him some more. He never gave in then, and he won't give in to our enemies now.

John McCain is the man to lead America.

Guest human_*

Hillary, Obama, McCain, Kennedy ARE all Bad for this country. If McCain wins? I will NOT support him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The McCain camp said that with Saturday's win, and an earlier victory in New Hampshire, he has passed "the historical test for Republican candidates and is on course to win."

His record, his character, and his courage show him to be the most trustworthy, competent, and conservative of all those seeking the nomination. Simply put, McCain can be trusted to make informed decisions based on the best interests of his country, come hell or high water.

When McCain was shot down and taken prisoner by the North Vietnamese, he was repeatedly beaten. When his captors discovered that his father was a top U.S. admiral, they ordered him released for propaganda purposes. But McCain refused, insisting that longer-held prisoners be released before him. So they beat him some more. He never gave in then, and he won't give in to our enemies now.

John McCain is the man to lead America.

Guest human_*

Barrack Obama, I take back all of the things I've said about you. I'M SORRY.

I just got really, really pissed off at the silence of the African American community when it came to illegal immigration, and your groups attack on my group in becoming a political force.

I still don't like your group "The democrats", and I still don't like your position on iraq.

But you are not a bad man. Again "I'M SORRY".

As for Hillary, Kennedy, McCain? I MEANT IT. <~~~~~~~ I HONESTLY HOPE THAT YOUR CONSTITUENTS VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary, Obama, McCain, Kennedy ARE all Bad for this country. If McCain wins? I will NOT support him.

Barrack Obama, I take back all of the things I've said about you. I'M SORRY.

I just got really, really pissed off at the silence of the African American community when it came to illegal immigration, and your groups attack on my group in becoming a political force.

I still don't like your group "The democrats", and I still don't like your position on iraq.

But you are not a bad man. Again "I'M SORRY".

As for Hillary, Kennedy, McCain? I MEANT IT. <~~~~~~~ I HONESTLY HOPE THAT YOUR CONSTITUENTS VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE.

What do you not like about John McCain?

Guest human_*

McCain does whats in his best interest, and nothing more. He is always trying to subvert republican legislation.

He really does like the spot light a little bit too much. He voted against the bush tax cuts. Those like me view mccain as a democrat dressed up as a republican.

My god, in terms of politics, I'm actually viewed by my own party as a moderate, and even I don't like him.

What do you not like about John McCain?

• 4 weeks later...

U.S. Senator John McCain's presidential campaign announced that a coalition of family issues leaders and activists from across the Commonwealth of Virginia have endorsed John McCain for president. This broad coalition includes more than 70 leaders and activists from the pro-life, pro-family and faith-based communities.

"Like me, Senator McCain has a long history of supporting life. I believe that as he has stated time and time again, he will nominate judges who understand that the role of the federal courts is not to legislate from the bench. His proven record of protecting human dignity, the institution of marriage and protecting children of all ages is long held and I look forward to working together with him to advance these moral principles," said Jim Gilmore, former Virginia governor and current U.S. Senate candidate.

"John McCain is dedicated to nominating judges to the federal judiciary who understand their job is to interpret law, not to legislate from the bench. His commitment to nominate judges in the vein of Alito and Roberts is extremely important. There is no one in the field of presidential candidates better equipped to drive this process than John McCain," stated Virginia Attorney General Bob McDonnell.

"John McCain has in his core, a concern for both the unborn and the women who are dealing with a crisis. He truly is a man who understands the term 'love them both.' He is a lifelong pro-life leader worthy of our support," stated Christian Hamaker, pro-family advocate of Fairfax.

John McCain expressed his appreciation, stating, "I am grateful to have the support of this distinguished coalition of family issues leaders and activists. I am proud to stand side-by-side with them on many of the most critical issues of our day: defending the sanctity of human life, upholding traditional marriage, expanding educational choice and defending America from the threats that we face around the globe. I have fought my entire life to protect religious freedom and human rights around the world. I look forward to working with these leaders in the weeks and months ahead as we take our shared values to the White House."

VIRGINIA FAMILY ISSUES LEADERS FOR MCCAIN

Steering Committee Members

Hon. Jim Gilmore, Former Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia

Attorney General Bob McDonnell, Commonwealth of Virginia

Senator Robert Hurt, Chatham, VA

Delegate John Cosgrove, Chesapeake, VA

Delegate Tom Gear, Hampton, VA

Delegate Terry Kilgore, Gate City, VA

Delegate Dave Nutter, Christiansburg, VA

Delegate John O'Bannon, Richmond, VA

Delegate Glenn Oder, Newport News, VA

Delegate Chris Saxman, Staunton, VA

Delegate Ed Scott, Madison, VA

Delegate Bob Tata, Virginia Beach, VA

Supervisor Richard Havasy, Green Springs District

Supervisor Pat Herrity, Springfield, VA

Committee Members

Diana Banister, Pro-family Advocate, Alexandria, VA

Andresen Blom, Former Communications Director, Human Life International, Winchester, VA

Malia Blom, Director, BoysandSchools.com, Manassas Park, VA

Georgia Blom, Parish Council of Catholic Women, Winchester, VA

Paul Bothwell, Pro-life Advocate, Arlington, VA

Chris Braunlich, Former member of the Fairfax County School Board, Alexandria, VA

Emily Buchanan, Executive Director, Susan B. Anthony List, Arlington, VA

Cristina Burelli, Executive Director, Alliance for the Family, VA

Mary Brunette Cannon, Former executive director, The Bioethics Project, Arlington, VA

Jennifer Boeke Caterini, 2008 Vitae Caring Foundation Gala Chair

Frank Buono, Pro-life, Pro-family Advocate, Arlington, VA

Miriam Buono, Pro-life, Pro-family Advocate, Arlington, VA

John R. Caterini, Pro-life Advocate, Arlington, VA

Robert Carlson, Pro-family Advocate, Sully District GOP chairman, Centreville, VA

David Carradini, Chair, International Youth Committee, Fairfax, VA

Joseph Cella, Co-founder, Fidelis; Founder/President, National Catholic Prayer Breakfast, Fairfax, VA

Linda Chavez, President, Center for Equal Opportunity, Purcellville, VA

Karen Czarnecki, Pro-life Advocate, Arlington, VA

Marjorie Dannenfelser, President, Susan B. Anthony List, Arlington, VA

Martin Dannenfelser, Former Vice President, Family Research Council, Arlington, VA

Cathy Deeds, Former deputy director for govt. relations for Family Research Council, Alexandria, VA

Robert Destro, Professor, Catholic University of America School of Law, Arlington, VA

Kathleen Dezio, Pro-life Advocate, Alexandria, VA

Joseph Esposito, Former Deputy Undersecretary for international Affairs, VA

Jonathan Fellows, Pro-life, Pro-family Advocate, Alexandria, VA

Marjorie Fellows, Pro-life, Pro-family Advocate, Alexandria, VA

Keith Fimian, Pro-family Advocate, Centreville, VA

Bill Finerfrock, Pro-family Advocate, former Springfield GOP Chairman, Springfield, VA

Michael Frey, Republican Supervisor, Sully District, Fairfax County, VA

Dr. Mary Ellen Gallagher, Pro-life Physician, Arlington, VA

Chris Gersten, Chairman, Fatherhood and Marriage Leadership Institute (FAMLI), Purcellville, VA

Carlyle Gregory, Consultant for pro-life, pro-family candidates, Falls Church, VA

Michelle (Powers) Gress, Director of Programs, Westchester Institute for Ethics and the Human Person, Alexandria, VA

Joseph Grogan, Former Administrator Compassion Capital Fund, Administration for Children and Families, Alexandria, VA

Jacqueline Halbig, Former Pro-family Lobbyist for Family Research Council & Christian Coalition, Alexandria, VA

Christian Hamaker, Church Deacon and Christian Film Critic, Fairfax, VA

James Hill, Pro-life Advocate, Manassas Park, VA

Rev. Rodger Hunter-Hall, Assistant Professor Notre Dame Graduate School, Alexandria, VA

Shaun Kenney, Former Communications Director, Republican Party of Virginia, Kents Store, VA

Patrick Kernan, Pro-life, family, marriage and military advocate, Burke, VA

Margaret Lewis, Winchester Chapter of Christian Family Movement, Winchester, VA

Cindy Lindsey, Pro-life, Pro-military Advocate, Dayton, VA

Philip Ludvigson, Pro-life, pro-family. pro-marriage, military family advocate, Alexandria, VA

Elizabeth Maier, Former Legislative Assistant, National Right to Life Committee, Arlington, VA

Maurice McBride, President, Family Action Council International, VA

Laura McLaughlin, Pro-life Advocate, Arlington, VA

Susan Mea, Pro-family Advocate, Arlington, VA

Pedro C. Moreno, Pro-family Leader, Warrenton, VA

Penny Nance, Former president, Kid's First Coalition, Fairfax, VA

Mary Alice Patterson, Loudoun County Republican Women's Club, Leesburg, VA

Robert W. Patterson, Former Senior Director, Family Research Council, Leesburg, VA

Frank Puleo, Pro-family Advocate, Fredricksburg, VA

Shannon Royce, Former Executive Director, the Arlington Group, Arlington, VA

Austin Ruse, President, Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute and Former President of the Culture of Life Foundation, Alexandria, VA

Cathy Ruse, Esq., Former chief pro-life spokesman for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Alexandria, VA

Mike Thompson, Jr., Pro-family Advocate, Vice Chairman, Fairfax County Republican Committee, Burke, VA

Maureen Thompson, Pro-family Advocate, Leader in Daughters of the American Revolution, Burke, VA

Michael Thompson, Sr., Pro-life Leader, Active Fairfax County GOP Member, Springfield, VA

Patrick Trueman, Former Chief, Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Oakton, VA

Danny Vargas, Pro-family Advocate, Chairman of the National Republican Hispanic Assembly

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.