Washington DC Message Boards

Hillary Clinton Will Be Our Next President

Guest Hillary is a Winner

Guest Hillary is a Winner

This is why Hillary is going to win this Historic Election.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my humbling victory in New Hampshire last Tuesday, I said that New Hampshire had helped me find my voice.

But I wasn't the only one who spoke out.

Volunteers across the state and the country made their voices heard when they worked hard getting voters to the polls. Thousands of people put in hours making phone calls and knocking on doors -- all to help make a real difference in people's lives.

That's how we won

I used to like Hillary Clinton but considering her campaign's recent stunts, all I can say is-- no thanks. It smacks of an attempt at selective disenfranchisement, and amost anti-democratic form of politics. John Edwards is going to be my choice. He is a long shot, but he has got my vote.

• 3 weeks later...

A Vote For Hillary Is A Vote For McCain

Hillary Clinton will not win against John McCain. She fires up the Republican base like no other person; they despise the Clintons. If she is the Democratic nominee, McCain will win.

Barack Obama doesn't generate this hatred from the Republican base; in fact, he attracts many Republican and Independent voters.

In a contest between Barack Obama and John McCain, Obama would win and become president.

So, your choice,

Who do you prefer to be the next president?

Barack Obama or John McCain?

(because that's your choice)

I think you have it right on INDY.

Hillary is NOT presidential material. Much like Ross Perot or Alan Keys, she is really just getting in the way of a fair election. Oprah even knew to not waste her valued endorsement on just any woman.

Don't waste your vote!

Guest human_*

The beauty of these elections is that, my Grou\p "the republicans" Don't need to attack Obama just yet.

Hillary will take care of barack, and if by any chance obama wins? Then it's my groups turn as well as mine.

This is politics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Vote For Hillary Is A Vote For McCain

Hillary Clinton will not win against John McCain. She fires up the Republican base like no other person; they despise the Clintons. If she is the Democratic nominee, McCain will win.

Barack Obama doesn't generate this hatred from the Republican base; in fact, he attracts many Republican and Independent voters.

In a contest between Barack Obama and John McCain, Obama would win and become president.

So, your choice,

Who do you prefer to be the next president?

Barack Obama or John McCain?

(because that's your choice)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David Plouffe

This morning, the New York Times reported that Senator Clinton is launching what even her aides admit is a "kitchen sink" bombardment of negative attacks against Barack.

This is the same stale, Washington playbook that has driven so many Americans away from the political process.

Yesterday, in a speech on foreign policy, Senator Clinton misrepresented Barack's positions and compared him to George W. Bush.

She questioned his "wisdom to manage our foreign policy and safeguard our national security," despite her support for Bush's war in Iraq -- a war that Barack showed the judgment to oppose before it ever began.

These negative tactics are exactly what voters have been rejecting this election season.

While others focus on trying to tear us down, we will continue to highlight what is most inspiring and most important about this campaign -- you.

And while others may try to score cheap political points, millions of ordinary Americans are talking to their neighbors, knocking on doors, making phone calls, and turning out to primaries and caucuses in record numbers to support this movement for change.

Barack has organized and inspired what yesterday's Time magazine called a "new breed of grassroots campaign -- viral, internet-based, built from the ground up."

Today, we are within reach of a goal that is unprecedented at this point in a presidential primary -- one million people giving to this campaign.

Now is the moment to reject politics-as-usual. Show your support for a new kind of politics and a new kind of leadership.

Guest ALWAYS RED

Think you've already heard it all about Hillary? Dick Morris counters, "A lot of people ask me 'do we have to go through all these old Clinton scandals again?' Well, I have good news for you, you don't, you can look at the new ones, because Hillary Clinton scandals are a gift that keep on giving."

Among the bombshells in Hillary: The Movie, you'll see:

The deleted sequence from "The Path to 9/11" miniseries that was pulled by ABC/Disney under pressure from the Clinton machine

Smoking gun documents and video taped conferences exposing Hillary's participation in illegal fundraising

The media's role in Hillary's success and perpetuation of her lies

Hillary's new $110 billion per year healthcare program and the startling similarities to the Hillary Care fiasco of the early 1990s

Senatorial Candidate Clinton's pledge to create 200,000 new jobs in upstate New York -- and how once in office, she not only neglected this nearly impossible goal -- but voted against tax cuts that would have helped upstate New York

Video of Hillary contradicting herself -- during the same debate

Hillary's role in the controversial pardon of Puerto Rican terrorists

http://www.hillarythemovie.com/

Hillary Clinton is done.

She completely fell apart in the debates last night.

She whined about being constantly being asked questions first.

She whined about Obama's use of the word “denounce” expressions of support from anti-Semitic figures like Farrakhan, she whined that one must also “reject” them, as she did with New York’s Independence Party in 2000. Obama had some gentle fun with the semantic difference:

“If the word ‘reject’ Senator Clinton feels is stronger than the word ‘denounce,’ then I’m happy to concede the point and I would reject and denounce.”

Then the final axe came down Hillary said that she probably would release her tax return, but added:

“I will release my tax returns. I have consistently said I will do that once I become the nominee, or even earlier.”

I’m a little busy right now, I hardly have time to sleep.

Well, exactly how much time does it take to release one's tax return? Unless I'm mistaken, it requires only that you call your accountant and say something to the effect of "Send a copy of my return to the networks."

Now Hillary's campaign aides stating that Hillary would not release the sensitive financial data during a hotly contested primary, but only at tax filing time.

Here is Obama's Tax Return.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/fi..._tax_return.pdf

Hillary will have a long time to sit and ponder her stupid blunder while President Obama is running the White House.

• 1 month later...

Senator Clinton did make her tax returns public as promised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement of Jay Carson

Clinton Campaign Spokesman

April 4, 2008

Today Senator Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton are releasing their tax returns for the years 2000 through 2006, and are providing information regarding their 2007 taxes as well.

The Clintons have now made public thirty years of tax returns, a record matched by few people in public service. None of Hillary Clinton's presidential opponents have revealed anything close to this amount of personal financial information.

What the Clintons' tax returns show is that they paid more than $33,000,000 in federal taxes and donated more than $10,000,000 to charities over the past eight years. They paid taxes and made charitable contributions at a higher rate than taxpayers at their income level.

2000 THROUGH 2007 TAX SUMMARY

HILLARY AND BILL CLINTON

TAXES PAID: $33,783,507

The Clintons paid $33,783,507 in federal taxes - 31% of their adjusted gross income. According to the most recent data available from the IRS, in 2005 taxpayers earning $10,000,000 or more paid on average 20.8% of their adjusted gross income in taxes.

CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS: $10,256,741

The Clintons donated $10,256,741 to charity - 9.5% of their adjusted gross income. According to the most recent data available from the IRS, in 2005 taxpayers earning $10,000,000 or more contributed 3.1% of their adjusted gross income in cash contributions to charity. Information about the Clinton Family Foundation, including a list of charities to which the Clintons contributed through the Foundation, is available online in the Foundation's publicly available tax returns (www.foundationcenter.org).

AFTER TAX EARNINGS: $57,157,297

CUMULATIVE TOTAL(GROSS) INCOME: $109,175,175

Including, among other items:

Senator Clinton's Senate Salary: $1,051,606

President Clinton's Presidential Pension: $1,217,250

Senator Clinton's Book Income: $10,457,083

President Clinton's Book Income: $29,580,525

President Clinton's Speech Income: $51,855,599

SENATOR CLINTON'S BOOK INCOME: $10,457,083

Senator Clinton's book income is comprised of earnings for Living History ($10,267,895), including an $8,000,000 advance, and It Takes a Village ($189,188). The earnings for It Takes a Village were donated to charity. Since the release of It Takes a Village in 1996, Senator Clinton has donated over $1,100,000 to charity.

PRESIDENT CLINTON'S BOOK INCOME: $29,580,525

President Clinton's book income is comprised of earnings for My Life ($23,280,525), including a $15,000,000 advance, and Giving ($6,300,000). The President donated $1,000,000 of his income from Giving in 2007 to charity.

PRESIDENT CLINTON'S SPEECH INCOME: $51,855,599

NOTE: The figures in this summary include 2007 estimates.

Senator Hillary Clinton and President Clinton

2007 Tax Information

The Clintons will seek an extension of time to file their 2007 tax return, as they have for the past 3 years, because they are waiting to receive information related to partnership income, including investments made by the Trustees of their Blind Trust. The Blind Trust was unblinded on April 27, 2007 and the assets, with the exception of U.S. treasury notes and federal bonds, were sold on May 11, 2007. The tax information in this release is based upon the best estimates of the Clintons' tax attorney.

Senator Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton have paid $5,100,000 in federal income taxes on an estimated total income of $20,400,000 for 2007. They will not pay additional taxes when they file their extension. Senator Clinton and President Clinton made more than $3,000,000 in charitable contributions in 2007, including $1,000,000 from the proceeds of President Clinton's book, Giving.

The Clintons' estimated 2007 total income includes, among other items:

Senator Clinton's salary $150,200

Senator Clinton's book royalties $152,864

President's Clinton's pension $186,600

President Clinton's book income $4,434,446

President Clinton's speeches $10,145,000

Partnership income $2,750,000

Advisor income from InfoUSA $400,000

Income from savings accounts $485,000

Investment income from Blind Trust $3,515,000

(The partnership, speeches and investment income above are estimated figures)

Information on the Clintons' 2007 estimated total income and federal tax payments is provided by their tax attorney, Howard M. Topaz of Hogan & Hartson.

Guest Always Red

Interesting. I noted Hillary's 2007 Advisor income from InfoUSA $400,000. That is why she did not want her tax returns revealed.

InfoUSA is controversial telemarketing firm that sold personal and consumer data about senior citizens to crooked telemarketers. The company’s internal emails show that employees were aware that the investigation for elderly fraud involved their customers, but sold the lists anyway.

InfoUSA formed a special board committee of five directors in December to respond to the SEC investigation and shareholder lawsuit, which alleges that the company misspent millions, some of it on former President Bill Clinton and U.S. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

The shareholder lawsuit questions why InfoUSA founder Vin Gupta used $900,000 in company funds and corporate jets to fly the Clintons on business, personal and campaign trips, why Gupta gave Bill Clinton a $3.3 million consulting contract and why the company paid for extravagant luxuries Gupta enjoyed.

http://www.iusaccountability.com

Arthur Crozier of Innisfree M&A.,

212-750-5833

The media still has not pressed Hillary on why her campaign records show that on Dec. 3, 2007 it collected payment for renting out her presidential mailing lists for the doing business with a friend price of $8,225.00.

As a general rule, a campaign will not let its donor list out into the markets until the campaign is over," he said. "This is the mother's milk of small-gift fundraising, and they use these lists frequently. - Roger Craver

According to NPR $800,000 would have seemed like a more plausible price for a quality list. But, InfoUSA is a money wash for the Clintons.

The moral to this lesson is:

DO NOT SIGN UP ON HILLARYCLINTON.COM!!!

post-2502-1207352150_thumbjpg

Guest Bay Buchanan
I doubt there has been a completely honest politician since....

well, I don't know !!

Money and favors run Washington...

not we "people"....

She will not be elected President if the voters know the truth about who she really is... and what she really believes. And Hillary and her strategists know this!

Indeed, by the time "Team Hillary" -- the biggest campaign staff ever amassed in U.S. election history -- is finished, their "product" will be kinder, more thoughtful, a person of faith, a politician with beliefs and values that reflect those of Middle America, and a leader tough enough to be the nation's commander-in-chief in a time of war.

Imagine! The long-time, anti-war, anti-military Hillary Clinton as "the best choice to defend the American Homeland."

• 2 weeks later...

I was really impressed with the Hillary Clinton rally at the University of Pennsylvania. It was the first time I had heard her daughter Chelsea speak. She smiled and stated that although her father was the best President she has known, her mother would be a better President. Former President Bill Clinton spoke after Chelsea. I must state that I felt like I was attending a Baptist revival. He energized the crowd to go out an get people to vote for his wife. Even Hillary did well by speaking about Policy decisions. I was impressed.

Good luck to both candidates tomorrow.

Guest Always Red

Looks like Hillary is going to make a case at the Democratic Party that Obama can't win the White Blue Collar vote. Obama only has the African American, Young American, and Elite American backing. The White Middle Class is not supporting him. Women are not supporting him. Catholics are not supporting him. I predict McCain will win this November by taking these voters. Obama will be another Michael Dukakis and win less states than John Kerry.

Guest James Stedland
Looks like Hillary is going to make a case at the Democratic Party that Obama can't win the White Blue Collar vote. Obama only has the African American, Young American, and Elite American backing. The White Middle Class is not supporting him. Women are not supporting him. Catholics are not supporting him. I predict McCain will win this November by taking these voters. Obama will be another Michael Dukakis and win less states than John Kerry.

We will see. The candidates now head to Indiana and North Carolina for the next contests in May. Barack Obama will win North Carolina. The real battle is in Indiana. While Hillary Clinton is narrowly ahead, this is near Barack's Chicago base. If he wins both states the battle is over.

Guest BlingBling_*

If Obama is selected as the nominee, he will take Iowa, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Washington and Oregon. Plus, there are great chances that he will win Republican states like Virginia and North Carolina.

I watched the show on PBS. I found Reverend Wright to be nothing like he was made out to be, YET, I never believed that he was this evil man. Fox News and Mr. Hannity wanted to have something to use against Barack Obama. Now, will the media play the entire clips? Will they spin this into something else now? Also, why isn't the media saying more about how Hillary Clinton is playing the race card. She keeps making comments in her speeches about white voters in small towns, etc. etc.

You can't be the champion of working Americans if you're funded by the lobbyists who drown out their voices. We can be a party that says and does whatever it takes to win the next election. We can calculate and poll-test our positions and tell everyone exactly what they want to hear. Or we can be the party that doesn't just focus on how to win but why we should. We can seek to regain not just an office, but the trust of the American people that their leaders in Washington will tell them the truth. That's the choice in this election. - Barack Obama

Barack Obama today criticized former President Jimmy Carter for meeting with leaders of the Islamic terrorist group Hamas.

I have a fundamental difference with President Carter and disagree with his decision to meet with Hamas. We must not negotiate with a terrorist group intent on Israel's destruction. We should only sit down with Hamas if they renounce terrorism, recognize Israel's right to exist and abide by past agreements. Hamas is not a state. Hamas is a terrorist organization. - Barack Obama

Obama said the greatest threat to Israel comes from Iran and said the United States should talk to Iran directly.

My approach to Iran will be based upon aggressive diplomacy. What it means is that we come to the table with a very clear set of objectives and a very clear set of demands that Iran ceases from pursuing nuclear weapons, that it stops funding Hezbollah and Hamas, that it ends its noxious statements about Israel and the threats directed towards Israel - Barack Obama

Guest August

Hillary Clinton: "Rich people, God bless us."

Clinton, talking with O'Reilly: "Rich people, God bless us. We deserve all the opportunities to make sure our country and our blessings continue until the next generation." Her true colors revealed.

View the video at YouTube.

Guest Hoosier

Watch this movie clip Indiana voters. Listen to what Mickey Kantor has to say about the state of Indiana about 5 minutes into it.

Look at Indiana, wait, wait – look at Indiana. 42-40. It doesn’t matter if we win. Those people are ***brown trout***. Excuse me.

View the video at YouTube.

You know what mister Kantor you are full of ***brown trout***.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is over. Hillary Clinton has canceled her morning talk show appearances. She was gracious tonight stating in her concession speech that she will give her full support to the winner of the Democratic nomination. I am sure Barack Obama will look at Senator Clinton's credentials for Vice President closely.

There is no way that even including Florida and Michigan that Hillary Clinton can win the Democratic nomination. What a great moment it is for our country.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hillary Clinton for President

Let's talk about the state of this race.

I've won more votes than anyone running for the Democratic nomination in the history of our party. I've won states that will total 308 electoral votes in November -- more than enough to carry the general election. And it is critical that we make certain the more than 2 million voters in Florida and Michigan are heard.

We can let the media decide this race. We can let the pundits be the ones who determine our party's nominee. Or we can listen to the voters. Yesterday, voters in Kentucky joined you in sending a clear message -- this campaign is far from over.

Throughout it all, through the ups and downs of this race, you've been there, supporting me every step of the way. Help me send a strong message that this race isn't over yet.

Guest Fed Up

Hillary Clinton is the biggest flip flopper in the world! Just watch this video. She didn't want the Michigan and Florida votes then now she does because she is losing. Sore-loser cry-baby Hillary

• 2 weeks later...

Low turnout in Puerto Rico ended any chance of Senator Clinton winning the popular vote overall. After the weekend results, Obama has at least 2,070 delegates, less than 50 shy of the number needed for the nomination; Clinton has at least 1,914. There are fewer than 200 uncommitted superdelegates, and most are likely to go to Obama, along with the majority of those from Montana and South Dakota.

I for one am a Hilary Clinton supporter, and I like what she has to say. She has had the experience of being a Senator, has already been in the White House so to speak. I feel that she helped run the country when Bill was in office, and will turn out to be a very good President.

I also feel that the people of the United States is so used to seeing a white male as the President that most are not willing to give a woman a chance.

Hilary supported the war in Irac because of the people of her state. Someone stated she was anti-war, good for her.

All things change and can not stay the same, so there for we the people should get out of our narrow mindset and change as well. Progress have to happen or we will be left out in the cold.

I for one am a Hilary Clinton supporter, and I like what she has to say. She has had the experience of being a Senator, has already been in the White House so to speak. I feel that she helped run the country when Bill was in office, and will turn out to be a very good President.

I also feel that the people of the United States is so used to seeing a white male as the President that most are not willing to give a woman a chance.

Hilary supported the war in Irac because of the people of her state. Someone stated she was anti-war, good for her.

All things change and can not stay the same, so there for we the people should get out of our narrow mindset and change as well. Progress have to happen or we will be left out in the cold.

I am for Hillary as well. But, I really think the media is against her. It is the media who made Obama. It is clear the recent voters have been overwhelmingly against him.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.