Washington DC Message Boards

FOX NEWS' is the master of distortion

Guest Disgruntled Employee

Guest Disgruntled Employee

I cannot stand working for Fox's Stalinist regime. If any employee challenges them they are history. What you learn about these presidential candidates is what Fox wants you to see. Wrong pieces of information gets repeated and repeated purposely. This news station undermines Democracy. I hope you look into this.

Guest human_*

Ha, I got you beat. When I worked in the National Press Building, they banned me from reading the news tickers in there. They even had to set up a special booth for reporters only, with some one to guard it so it was reporters only. lol

I am literarily the reason that, that booth is there to this day, and they still have a guard there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot stand working for Fox's Stalinist regime. If any employee challenges them they are history. What you learn about these presidential candidates is what Fox wants you to see. Wrong pieces of information gets repeated and repeated purposely. This news station undermines Democracy. I hope you look into this.

• 2 years later...
Guest Melinda Gibson

Today Media Matters for America released leaked internal Fox News emails detailing an in-house policy to regurgitate Republican talking points on the air to smear health care reform. Finally we have proof that during the health reform debate Fox News ordered its reporters to use only Republican poll-tested language, such as "government option," instead of the more precise and widely accepted "public option" to make the case that the offering would be a government takeover of our health care system.

As the country focuses on the implementation of the historic health care law, it is essential that we expose politically motivated reporting poorly disguised as "fair and balanced." America's working families won't be bullied by a propagandist cable network and the politicians it hires and endorses.

The line between news and politicking has been obliterated thanks to Fox News's brazen partisanship. When you look at the way Fox News hires so many Republican presidential candidates as commentators and the way the network follows the party's poll-tested talking points, it's clear that Fox News is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Republican agenda. The American people lose when a network's news presentation is designed only to serve the political goals of billionaires and big corporations.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012090003

Guest Fox Spews Channel

"The American people lose when a network's news presentation is designed only to serve the political goals of billionaires and big corporations."

Except billionaires, corporations, the greedy and clueless.

Today Media Matters for America released leaked internal Fox News emails detailing an in-house policy to regurgitate Republican talking points on the air to smear health care reform. Finally we have proof that during the health reform debate Fox News ordered its reporters to use only Republican poll-tested language, such as "government option," instead of the more precise and widely accepted "public option" to make the case that the offering would be a government takeover of our health care system.

As the country focuses on the implementation of the historic health care law, it is essential that we expose politically motivated reporting poorly disguised as "fair and balanced." America's working families won't be bullied by a propagandist cable network and the politicians it hires and endorses.

The line between news and politicking has been obliterated thanks to Fox News's brazen partisanship. When you look at the way Fox News hires so many Republican presidential candidates as commentators and the way the network follows the party's poll-tested talking points, it's clear that Fox News is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Republican agenda. The American people lose when a network's news presentation is designed only to serve the political goals of billionaires and big corporations.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012090003

Guest Wendell

PR firms representing the health insurance industry routinely furnished conservative pundits and so-called journalists with talking points their consultants developed to scare people away from reform.

Guest OUTFOXED

Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok01hJHvobM

Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Honen

News Corp Stock is getting dumped. But look what happened to the whistle blower Sean Hoare, the former News of the World reporter who first alleged editor Andy Coulson knew of the paper's phone hacking, was found dead in his Watford flat. I wonder how much it cost Murdoch to put the hit on him? I am waiting for FAUX News to put the Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll spin to it.

Guest Left Foot Forward

Appearing on Stuart Varney’s show back in July 2009 when rumors linking Andy Coulson to phone hacking were just beginning to surface, Murdoch was perhaps surprised to be asked so directly about the allegations by one of his employees.

However, in one of the more brazen acts ever attempted by an interviewee, he cut his host off mid flow before he could finish the question. Rather than push the issue further, Varney backed down, showing the kind of deference politicians dream of.

Watch it in all its glory:

Rupert Murdoch Fox News interview

This video, taken from last Friday’s edition of Fox and Friends, shows the depths to which the Murdochs are willing to go to attempt to downplay the issue in the USA.

After briefly running through the closure of the News of the World as a result of public outrage, News Corp’s name was then linked with the Pentagon and Citibank, both recent victims of hacking, in a crude attempt to defend Murdoch’s reputation.

Fox & Friends' Jaw-Dropping Whitewash of News of the World Scandal

http://www.leftfootforward.org/

Guest Honen

Money. Rupert Murdoch bought his way into power. Now he is starting lose all that money (Newscorp stock is down 13%) he will not be looked at as a saint.

Once Americans get wind of Newscorp hacking into Sept 11, 2001 victims families this will get way worse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/most-popular/2011/07/11/phone-hacking-9-11-victims-may-have-had-mobiles-tapped-by-news-of-the-world-reporters-115875-23262694/

• 2 months later...
Guest We Are The 99%

Wall Street Activist Protester Jesse LaGreca Owns Fox News Producer

What happened to the fair coverage the reporter promised. It was not seen in Fox news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fcd4NAfWvw

Transcript

Fox: Jesse, so Ray, your partner here, your ..

Ray: comrade.

Fox: Your colleague, she’d seen the protests in Greece and Europe and elsewhere. Did you guys take your cue from that? Are you hoping to cite certainly what was a lot of the tension, if not police activity. I know over the weekend there were over 100 arrests and you guys got things fired up. Are you taking your cues from the international movement and how do you want to see this? If you could have it in a perfect way, how would it be?

Jesse: Well I don’t know, its really difficult to answer questions leading to those conclusions. I’d say that we didn’t take our cue leading off of anybody really. It became a more spontaneous movement. As far as seeing this end, I wouldn’t like to see this end. I would like to see the conversation continue. This is what we should have been talking about in 2008 when the economy collapsed. We basically patched a hole on the tire and said let the car keep rolling. Unfortunately it’s fun to talk to the propaganda machine and the media especially conservative media networks such as yourself, because we find that we cant get conversations for the department of Justice’s ongoing investigation of News Corporation, for which you are an employee. But we can certainly ask questions like you know, why are the poor engaging in class warfare? After 30 years of having our living standards decrease while the wealthiest 1% have had it better than ever, I think it’s time for some maybe, I don’t know, participation in our democracy that isn’t funded by news cameras and gentlemen such as yourself.

Fox: But, uh, yeah well, let me give you this challenge Jesse.

Jesse: Sure.

Fox: We’re here giving you an opportunity on the record […] to put any message you want out there, to give you fair coverage and I’m not going to in any way

Jesse: That’s awesome!

Fox:…give you advice about it. So, there is an exception in the case, because you wouldn’t be able to get your message out there without us.

Jesse: No, surely, I mean, take for instance when Glenn Beck was doing his protest and he called the President, uh, a person who hates white people and white culture. That was a low moment in Americans’ history and you guys kinda had a big part in it. So, I’m glad to see you coming around and kind of paying attention to what the other 99 percent of Americans are paying attention to, as opposed to the far-right fringe, who who would just love to destroy the middle class entirely.

Fox: Alright, fair enough. You have a voice, an important reason to criticize myself, my company and anyone else. But, let me ask you that, in fairness, does this administration, President Obama, have any criticism as to the the financial situation the country’s in…?

Jesse: I think, myself, uh, as well as many other people, would like to see a little but more economic justice or social justice—Jesus stuff—as far as feeding the poor, healthcare for the sick. You know, I find it really entertaining that people like to hold the Bill of Rights up while they’re screaming at gay soldiers, but they just can’t wrap their heads around the idea that a for-profit healthcare system doesn’t work. So, let’s just look at it like this, if we want the President to do more, let’s talk to him on a level that actually reaches people, instead of asking for his birth certificate and wasting time with total nonsense like Solyndra.