DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eckington District Resident

Yellow Books Everywhere

Yellow books are everywhere! My wife and thought it was normal but we know it does not make any sense leaving them like that. I am making a complaint about this type of delivery who care nothing but money. The whatever book was tossed down at the bottom of the steps with no plastic bag and refuse to touch the things. Our address is fenced with 4 others. Whoever delivered the books just tossed 10 of them (for 5 addresses) over the fence and into the front yard, going nowhere near any of the front doors, and I’d like to ask them to come pick them up. It’s ridiculous and to me seems like littering.

kburban    0
Yellow books are everywhere! My wife and thought it was normal but we know it does not make any sense leaving them like that. I am making a complaint about this type of delivery who care nothing but money. The whatever book was tossed down at the bottom of the steps with no plastic bag and refuse to touch the things. Our address is fenced with 4 others. Whoever delivered the books just tossed 10 of them (for 5 addresses) over the fence and into the front yard, going nowhere near any of the front doors, and I’d like to ask them to come pick them up. It’s ridiculous and to me seems like littering.

I agree with you on that problem, but.... You have to remember that the job of the delivery person is to get it to your door or as close, and quickly as possible. That is very unfortunate but it's always been that way...A fenced in yard makes it more difficult. I do know that some homes do get them right to there door if it is close to the road or someone might put a little more pride in there work and feel the same way as you and want it right at their door as well.. What can ya do... Maybe try to leave a note or call Customer Service for the Yellow Pages and see if you can get it next year deliverd to your door or call at the end of the year . The Yellow Pages only get delivered once a year so delivery can sometimes be sloppy... Just a few thoughts on the matter.. Hope your Holiday was a good one.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this