Washington DC Message Boards

Governor Richardson Plan For Iraq

Guest Bill Supporter

Guest Bill Supporter

Bill Richardson is the only candidate with a credible plan to get us out of Iraq AND the experience to make it work.

More and more pundits are talking about Governor Richardson, particularly in light of the lack of progress in Iraq. Last week in Time magazine, William Kristol compared Governor Richardson's campaign to Appalachian State's victory over Michigan in college football. He predicted there could be a big surprise in January.

George Bush has made it clear that he is going to hand Iraq off to the next president. This is an outrageous abuse of presidential power. But it means that it's essential that Bill Richardson wins the nomination.

That won't happen without your help and the help of every other supporter who believes in Governor Richardson's vision.

Surrender is not an option, and when the Saudis tell the U.S. to fix it! "They aint asking please".

You see if you democrats want to commit suicide? Then be my guest.

The thing is with the rest of us in the general population is that we as a group DON'T want you "The democrats" to take us with you.

The democrats’ support of Chavez is a classic example of where you "The Democrats" want to take us.

Add to that, that you "the Democrats" HAVE made the perfect argument as to why the ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST SHOULD HAVE NUCLEAR POWER, and now that you are in power, you just can't tell the rest of the middle east that they can't have nuclear power "Most of the countries in the Middle East are now ACTIVELY seeking nuclear power".

There is more on how the democrats quest for power HAS, and WILL Affect us now and in the future, but I really don't want to get into it, because it's just so aheming depressing.

That's the plain truth people, and if you don't want to believe it? Then DON'T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Richardson is the only candidate with a credible plan to get us out of Iraq AND the experience to make it work.

More and more pundits are talking about Governor Richardson, particularly in light of the lack of progress in Iraq. Last week in Time magazine, William Kristol compared Governor Richardson's campaign to Appalachian State's victory over Michigan in college football. He predicted there could be a big surprise in January.

George Bush has made it clear that he is going to hand Iraq off to the next president. This is an outrageous abuse of presidential power. But it means that it's essential that Bill Richardson wins the nomination.

That won't happen without your help and the help of every other supporter who believes in Governor Richardson's vision.

Guest Richardson for President

Yesterday, the Presidents of Iran and of the United States both addressed the United Nations.

In his speech, Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, confirmed what we already knew: he is a demagogue and a despot.

And in his own speech, our President, George W. Bush, confirmed something else we already knew: he is a fearmonger, whose unwillingness to use diplomacy to confront our enemies has made America less safe.

Just like before their reckless invasion of Iraq, President Bush and Vice President Cheney have been rattling sabers about Iran's nuclear program and about how all options are on the table in regard to military force. It's "axis of evil" all over again!

This kind of rhetoric does not help America's strategic interests or improve the stability of that troubled region.

President Bush intends to wash his hands of his catastrophe in Iraq and leave it for the next President to salvage.

But when I hear the "axis of evil" rhetoric heating up again, I'm concerned that he may intend to hand off an even bigger catastrophe to the next President: a military conflict with Iran.

We must not allow this to happen.

Throughout my career, I have brought people together to get things done. I have negotiated with some of the toughest dictators in the world and returned with American hostages and peace agreements. I know that we can end Iran's nuclear

Guest Klondike

Did you hear Jay Leno this week, talking about Wednesday's Presidential debate?

"Hillary and Barack and John Edwards, they said setting a timetable for a complete withdrawal is irresponsible. And pulling out troops basically depends on the situation on the ground. Otherwise known as 'the Bush plan.' Hello?"

Jay got it exactly right.

Vote for them, and you get more of the same. Vote for Bill Richardson, and you get a commitment to pull our troops out of Iraq and END THIS WAR.

Did you hear Jay Leno this week, talking about Wednesday's Presidential debate?

"Hillary and Barack and John Edwards, they said setting a timetable for a complete withdrawal is irresponsible. And pulling out troops basically depends on the situation on the ground. Otherwise known as 'the Bush plan.' Hello?"

Jay got it exactly right.

Vote for them, and you get more of the same. Vote for Bill Richardson, and you get a commitment to pull our troops out of Iraq and END THIS WAR.

Here is. the context of their statements

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama said they might have to keep some combat troops there in a counterterrorism role for more than four years, and John Edwards said he'd likely have thousands of non-combat troops there in a protective role.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bill Richardson

Something happened last week you need to know about.

George Bush signed an agreement that commits you, me and every other American to an open-ended commitment in Iraq that will extend far beyond his presidency.

This "Statement of Principles" calls for a long-term military presence including the construction of military bases, formalizes the role of subcontractors and pledges our protection "against external threats" like Iran.

If you didn't know about it, you're not alone. It was signed via video link by George Bush with very little fanfare and with no congressional oversight.

So if you think this war automatically ends when George Bush goes back to Texas, you're wrong.

But it WILL end if I'm elected. My name is Bill Richardson and I am the ONLY Democratic presidential candidate who has pledged to end this war on my first day in office. You can find out more about my plan for Iraq by clicking HERE.

Senator Clinton won't commit to ending this war. Neither will Senator Obama or Senator Edwards.

They've been suckered into the regressive thinking of George Bush and Dick Cheney that suggests America will have to remain in Iraq for decades to prevent catastrophe.

Friend, you and I know that it is ALREADY a catastrophe!

This war was a colossal blunder from its inception and the incompetent way the Bush Administration waged it has only made it worse. The ONLY choice now is a clean break and a strong diplomatic "surge" that brings real political stability through a regional solution.

I'm the only candidate with the experience to do that.

I was Ambassador to the U.N. under Bill Clinton. I've defused dangerous situations in some of the world's most volatile hotspots -- places like North Korea, Sudan, Cuba and even Iraq under Saddam.

I was Energy Secretary in the Clinton Administration where I led the way on finding pragmatic alternatives to fossil fuels before most people had even heard of global warming. And as a seven-term Congressman from New Mexico, I fought hard for important legislation on the environment and fair trade.

Today I'm Governor of New Mexico where I've balanced the budget, cut taxes, raised teachers' salaries and mandated green energy use.

As we head into the Democratic primaries, the only poll numbers that are rising are mine. A lot of pundits are predicting a "January surprise" from me in New Hampshire and Iowa. Click HERE to find out more about why I am the most qualified candidate in this race.

I have tremendous respect for my opponents in this campaign. But polls show that they will have an uphill climb to beat the Republicans. And once the "Swift Boat" knives come out, we could see 2004 all over again.

But polls also show that I am the one candidate on either side that more Americans would consider voting for -- Democrats AND Republicans.

This much I know: If Democrats don't win the White House, this war will grind on for YEARS.

There is still a lot of volatility in this race. Nothing is settled until the votes get counted.

Help me win this nomination. And together, we will end this war!

Guest Martin Sheen

There comes an instant in every movement when people of conscience must act.

For those of us who believe America absolutely needs Bill Richardson as our next President, that instant is RIGHT NOW!

That's why I'm getting on a plane to go to Iowa and campaign for him. I'm ready to do whatever is needed to help him win. I'll speak at rallies ... shake hands ... knock on doors ... or, if it'll help, I'll even drive the campaign bus

Other campaigns have approached me about supporting their candidates, but I believe Bill Richardson is our best hope for healing the nation. I also think he's our best hope for winning the White House from the Republicans.

Because if we nominate the wrong candidate and the Republicans win again, America will continue its dark spiral under the influence of the Far Right.

I follow politics very closely and I see the steady movement toward Bill Richardson in Iowa and New Hampshire. He has the momentum and the message -- and I believe the growing number of pundits who are calling for a "Bill Richardson surprise" in Iowa and New Hampshire have it right.

And after the criminal presidency of George Bush, WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET THIS ELECTION WRONG!

George Bush will leave his successor with a war that is bleeding our country dry and making us the world's pariah. He'll leave a health care system that is in shambles. And he'll leave an environmental crisis he has ignored in favor of Big Oil profits.

Bill Richardson is the only candidate with the experience and the vision to lead in the midst of these challenges.

That's why I endorse him to be the next President of the United States and why I intend to support his candidacy right through the primaries.

But all of us who believe in him must do everything we can to make that "surprise" happen! Support Bill Richardson TODAY. I hope to shake your hand in Iowa!

I'm somebody who believes that if you support a cause or a candidate passionately, you have to give it your all. I hope you feel the same way.

Because right now ... today ... this instant -- is Bill Richardson's chosen hour.

And those of us who believe ... must act.

I'd like one of you in Iowa with the Governor and me. Will you help me? Enter the drawing to come to Iowa and join Bill Richardson and me at a rally. And afterward, we'll grab a bite together.

http://action.richardsonforpresident.com/page/s/sheen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.