Washington DC Message Boards

Prescott Sheldon Bush worked with Nazi German Banks

Guest Columbus Ohio

Guest Columbus Ohio

I was listening to CSPAN radio this morning. This lady stated that President Bush grandfather was an indicted Nazi traitor. On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New York City that were being conducted by Prescott Bush, the father of former president George Herbert Walker Bush.

Your question intrigued me, so I will share some of my research on the subject. It is interesting that this story has some origins in your great State.

I was listening to CSPAN radio this morning. This lady stated that President Bush grandfather was an indicted Nazi traitor. On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New York City that were being conducted by Prescott Bush, the father of former president George Herbert Walker Bush.

This all has to do with Prescott Bush relationship to Fritz Thyssen, Cornelis Lievense, and more famously Adolf Hitler.

Fritz Thyssen was a a steel and coal baron in the mid-1920s. He is famous for his personal Angel funding Adolf Hitler's rise to power.

As early as March 1940, Cornelis Lievense, President of the Union Banking Corporation had been implicated in trading with the enemy. Cornelis Lievense, Thyssen's personal appointee to oversee U.S. matters for his Rotterdam-based Bank voor Handel en Scheepvaart N.V., via UBC for nearly two decades, repeatedly denied to U.S. government investigators any knowledge of the ownership of the Netherlands bank or the role of Thyssen in it.

On December 13, 1941 Business transactions with Germany were made illegal.

On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of German banking operations in New York City. President Franklin Roosevelt's Alien Property Custodian, Leo T. Crowley, signed Vesting Order Number 248 seizing the property of Prescott Bush under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The order cited only the Union Banking Corporation (UBC), of which Prescott Bush was a director and held one share, which had connections with a Dutch bank owned by Fritz Thyssen, a German industrialist who personally funded Adolf Hitler's rise to power by the subversion of democratic principle and German law.

Some have raised accusations that Prescott Bush directly or indirectly profited his involvement in UBC, and that his continued involvement in the firm helped the Nazi party's rise to power. Defendants argue that Prescott Bush was a director merely as a matter of business courtesy.

WASHINGTON President Bush's grandfather was a director of a bank seized by the federal government because of its ties to a German industrialist who helped bankroll Adolf Hitler's rise to power, government documents show.

Read the Fox News Article

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html

Bush Family History

Samuel Prescott Bush (October 4, 1863 – February 8, 1948) was an American industrialist and entrepreneur, and the patriarch of the Bush political family. In 1901 he returned to Columbus to be General Manager of Buckeye Steel Castings Company. In 1902 Buckeye Steel built a foundry at 2211 Parsons Ave. The plant is one of the Ohio's oldest factories. It makes parts for railroad freight cars.

Buckeye Steel continued to serve the rail industry throughout the 20th century. An interesting highlight is that from 1908 to 1928, Samuel Prescott Bush was the President of Buckeye Steel. He became the grandfather of the 41st President of the United States of America, George Herbert Walker Bush, and therefore the great-grandfather of the 43rd President of the United States of America, George Walker Bush.

http://www.columbussteel.com/history/

Buckeye Steel was run by Frank Rockefeller, the brother of oil magnate John D. Rockefeller, and among its clients were the railroads controlled by E. H. Harriman. The Bush and Harriman families would be closely associated at least until the end of World War II. In 1908 Rockefeller retired and Bush became President of Buckeye, a position he would hold until 1927, becoming one of the top industrialists of his generation.

Columbus Steel Castings bought and reopened the plant in 2003, more than a year after previous owner Buckeye Steel Castings declared bankruptcy. Today Columbus Steel is America's Largest Steel Foundry Facility.

Samuel Prescott Bush married Flora Sheldon on June 20, 1894. They had four children: Prescott Sheldon Bush, Robert (who died in childhood), Mary (Mrs. Frank) House, Margaret (Mrs. Stewart) Clement, and James.

Prescott Sheldon Bush

Prescott Sheldon Bush was born on May 15, 1895. In 1913, Prescott enrolled at Yale University, officially creating a long standing family legacy, as his grandfather, James Smith Bush, his son, George H.W. Bush, his grandson, George W. Bush, as well as his great-granddaughter Barbara are all Yale alumni. All four Bushes, however, would be members of the Brotherhood of Death, is a secret society based at Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut (along with several Walkers). The Brotherhood of Death is now called The Order of Skull and Bones.

Order of Skull and Bones alumni organization, which owns its properties and oversees undergraduate activity, is the Russell Trust Association, named after one of Bones' founding members.

The order was incorporated in 1856 under the name "Russell Trust Association.'' By special act of the state legislature in 1943, its trustees are exempted from the normal requirement of filing corporate reports with the Connecticut Secretary of State.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3890ef8e4ce0.htm

Prescott Sheldon Bush gained a close bond to fraternity brother of Roland Harriman.

During Prescott Bush's student days, the Harriman set at Yale decided that World War I was sufficiently amusing that they ought to get into it as recreation. They formed a special Yale Unit of the Naval Reserve Flying Corps, at the instigation of "F. Trubee Davison". Since the United States was not at war, and the Yale students were going to serve Britain, the Yale Unit was privately and lavishly financed by F. Trubee's father, Henry Davison, the senior managing partner at J.P. Morgan and Co. (the official financial agency for the British government in the United States).

The Yale Flying Unit was the glory of Skull and Bones. Roland Harriman, Prescott Bush, and their 1917 Bonesmates selected for 1918 membership in the secret order these Yale Flying Unit leaders: "Robert Lovett, F. Trubee Davison, Artemus Lamb Gates," and "John Martin Vorys." Unit flyers "David Sinton Ingalls" and F. Trubee's brother, "Harry P. Davison" (who became Morgan vice chairman), were tapped for the 1920 Skull and Bones.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8425/BONES.HTM

William Averell Harriman was born in New York City, the son of railroad baron Edward Henry Harriman, who controlled the Union Pacific, the Southern Pacific, the Saint Joseph and Grand Island, the Illinois Central, the Central of Georgia, the Pacific Mail Steamship Company, and the Wells Fargo Express Company. Estimates of his estate ranged from $200 million to $600 million. It was left entirely to his wife.

Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.

In 1922, William established W.A. Harriman & Co, a banking business.

Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. (BBH) is the oldest and largest partnership bank in the United States. The firm has 39 partners, over $3.7 billion in assets, and employs 2,700 people in fifteen locations around the world. Brown Brothers was one of the most powerful political forces in the United States during much of the twentieth century

Like most great private banks, Brown Brothers Harriman didn't start out in finance. Begun nearly 200 years ago as an importer of Irish Linen, the company entered the banking business as a by-product of its success as a dry-goods merchant.

http://www.bbh.com/company/history.html

William Averell Harriman, is noted as the leading financier of the Democratic Party from 1932 to 1992. He is also noted as the one who saved Prescott Bush from bankruptcy; and Dorothy Walker Bush, a debutante dynamo who married Prescott and forever linked the two families. In July 1951 Averell was the mediator between Persia and Britain in the wake of the Persian nationalization of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company.

The Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC) was founded in 1909 following the discovery of a large oil field in Masjed Soleiman, Iran. It was the first company using the oil reserves of the Middle East. APOC was renamed 1935 in Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC) and eventually became the British Petroleum Company (BP) in 1954, as one root of the BP Company today.

Iran’s prime minister spoke vehemently against Anglo-Iranian’s presence in Iran. In 1951 he convinced the Iranian Parliament to nationalize oil operations within the country’s borders.

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do...ntentId=7027523

On August 6, 1921 Prescott Sheldon Bush married Dorothy Walker, daughter of George Herbert Walker.

Walker was the father of Dorothy Wear Walker, New York Mets cofounder George Herbert Walker, Jr. (S&B 1927), Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center CEO Dr. John M. Walker, Sr. (S&B 1931) (father of Judge John M. Walker, Jr.) and CIA agent Louis Walker (S&B 1936).

In 1919 George Walker began his relationship with the Harriman family. In 1922, Walker and William Averell Harriman traveled to Berlin to set up the German branch of their banking and investment operations, which were largely based on critical war resources such as steel and coal.

In 1922, George Walker and William Harriman set up their European headquarters office in Berlin. With the aid of the Hamburg-based Warburg bank, W.A. Harriman & Co.

Union Banking Corporation

In August 1924, Union Banking Corporation was public traded.

The founding officers of the bank included Cornelis Lievense as President along with the following:

Johann G. Groeninger, managing director of the Halcyon shipping line of Rotterdam.

E. Roland Harriman, business partner of W. Averell Harriman.

H. J. Kouwenhoven, managing director of the Bank voor Handel en Scheepvaart of Rotterdam.

Samuel F. Pryor, Chairman of the Executive Committee of Remington Arms.

J. P. Ripley, officer of W.A. Harriman & Co.

J. D. Sawyer, officer of W.A. Harriman & Co.

New International Bank", New York Times, Sep 10, 1924, p. 33

In 1924, Prescott Bush worked for U.S. Rubber, a Harriman company.

The United States Rubber Company was the original name of the tire company which later became Uniroyal Inc.. A rubber manufacturer founded by Charles R. Flint in 1892, it became one of the original 12 stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Uniroyal was taken private, and then in turn was bought out by the Michelin et Cie tire company of France.

Americans have been driving with confidence on Uniroyal® tires since 1892, although back then we were known as the U.S. Rubber Company.

Uniroyal tires are chosen by so many different people, for so many different reasons and for so many different vehicles, that we have become a trusted part of the lives of millions of Americans.

http://www.uniroyal.com/about/history.html

In 1990, Michelin acquired Uniroyal-Goodrich Tire Company' (USA), the Group reaches the critical size necessary to ensure its future in North America.

http://www.michelin.com/corporate/front/te...=19&lang=EN

In 1927, William Averell Harriman brother E. Roland Harriman joined the business and the name was changed to Harriman Brothers & Company.

In 1931, William Averell Harriman hired his son-in-law, Prescott Bush as Vice President of W.A. Harriman & Co. Walker then retired to his own G.H. Walker & Co.

The bank had a huge windfall in 1933 with the passage of the Banking Act of 1933, a.k.a. the Second Glass-Steagall Act. Commercial banks were prohibited from the investment banking business giving private firms like Brown Brothers Harriman monopoly control.

On Oct. 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New York City which were being conducted by Prescott Bush. Under the Trading with the Enemy Act, the government took over the Union Banking Corporation, in which Prescott Bush was a director. The U.S. Alien Property Custodian seized Union Banking Corp.'s stock shares, all of which were owned by Prescott Bush, E. Roland "Bunny'' Harriman, three Nazi executives, and two other associates. The order was signed by Leo T. Crowley, Alien Property Custodian, executed October 20, 1942; F.R. Doc. 42-11568; Filed, November 6, 1942, 11:31 A.M.; 7 Fed. Reg. 9097 (Nov. 7, 1942).

I am going to have to confirm this. This is alot of information to digest. At this point I have to believe that this is still a conspiracy theory. The headline attempts to attribute Prescott Bush as a contributor to the Nazi movement.

The story attempts to connect Prescott Bush to Fritz Thyssen to Adolph Hitler. This is like the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game where any actor can be linked, through their film roles, to actor Kevin Bacon.

Adolf Hitler was in Rio Rita (1942) with Julian Rivero

Julian Rivero was in Broken Lance (1954) with Robert Wagner

Robert Wagner was in Wild Things (1998) with Kevin Bacon

How many people does it take to get from Prescott Bush to Kevin Bacon?

P.S. Please refrain from posting off topic. It takes time to move your information to a new spot.

Before you go blasting away at the man go look at what he did to help our country.

He enlisted in Connecticut National Guard in 1916 and served as captain of Field Artillery in American Expeditionary Forces 1917-1919; engaged in hardware business as a warehouse clerk in St. Louis, He was elected on November 4, 1952, as a Republican to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the death of James O’Brien McMahon; reelected in 1956 and served from November 4, 1952, to January 2, 1963.

American National Biography; Herskowitz, Mickey. Duty, Honor, Country: The Story and Legacy of Prescott Bush. Nashville: Rutledge Hill Press, 2003

• 3 years later...
Guest Smoking Gun

How about Lee Harvey Oswald to E. Howard Hunt to George Herbert Walker Bush

I just watched "Conspiracy Theory: JFK Assassination" and wanted to share evidence that I have gathered. I hope this is not deleted and I hope the government reopens up the case. My health will not let me do this further.

During the last few years and months of Everette Howard Hunt's life he disclosed to his son, Saint John Hunt, through audio recordings, discussions, and through writings that he, and several others were involved in the conspiracy to kill President John F. Kennedy. He even gave the codename the conspirators gave for the operation, "the Big Event." The other alleged conspirators include Cord Meyer, David Sánchez Morales, William King Harvey, a French gunman who worked for the Mafia, and Lyndon B. Johnson. Cord Meyer and Bill Harvey were in the CIA. David Morales was unofficially in the CIA. Hunt died on January 23, 2007 in Miami, Florida of pneumonia and is buried in Prospect Lawn Cemetery, Hamburg, New York. Hunt's memoir American Spy: My Secret History in the CIA, Watergate, and Beyond was published by John Wiley & Sons in March 2007.

George de Mohrenschildt was a petroleum geologist and Professor who was one of Lee Harvey Oswald’s CIA handlers in the summer of 1962 and maintained the relationship until Oswald's death two days after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. He had personal acquaintance with the Bouvier family, including Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, the president's wife, when she was still a child. His testimony before the Warren Commission investigating the assassination was one of the longest of any witness.

De Mohrenschildt had "written a letter to the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency asking for his assistance. It seems that Subject feels he is being harassed as a result of his involvement with the OSWALD case."

On 5th September, 1976, George de Mohrenschildt wrote the following letter to George H. W. Bush:

Dear George,

You will excuse this hand-written letter. Maybe you will be able to bring a solution to the hopeless situation I find myself in.

My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed everywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by the situation.

I have been behaving like a damn fool ever since my daughter Nadya died from (cystic fibrosis) over three years ago. I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H Oswald and must have angered a lot of people I do not know. But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much.

Could you do something to remove the net around us? This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more.

Good luck in your important job.

Thank you so much.

George de Mohrenschildt

George Bush wrote back:

Let me say first that I know it must have been difficult for you to seek my help in the situation outlined in your letter. I believe I can appreciate your state of mind in view of your daughter's tragic death a few years ago, and the current poor state of your wife's health. I was extremely sorry to hear of these circumstances. In your situation I can well imagine how the attentions you described in your letter affect both you and your wife. However, my staff has been unable to find any indication of interest in your activities on the part of Federal authorities in recent years. The flurry of interest that attended your testimony before the Warren Commission has long subsided. I can only speculate that you may have become "newsworthy" again in view of the renewed interest in the Kennedy assassination, and thus may be attracting the attention of people in the media. I hope this letter had been of some comfort to you, George, although I realize I am unable to answer your question completely.

George Bush, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

George Herbert Walker Bush’s name was found in the papers of George De Mohrenschildt. George H. W. Bush later recalled, "I first met de Mohrenschildt in the early 1940s. He was an uncle to my Andover roommate." (The relationship would technically be "step-uncle" as the roommate, Edward G. Hooker, was actually Dimitri von Mohrenschildt's stepson). George Herbert Walker Bush and George De Mohrenschildt were all members of the Dallas Petroleum Club.

FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover wrote a memo referring George Herbert Walker Bush during an intelligence briefing the night before Kennedy arrived in Dallas. George H. W. Bush and Richard Nixon joined Hoover that night in Dallas at the Murchison gathering on November 21, 1963 before Kennedy arrived the next day, according to alleged Kennedy co-conspirator and spotter Frank Sturgis.

http://www.tomflocco.com/Docs/Jfk/HooverFbiMemo.htm

The root of this is when Castro had annexed and nationalised Zapata Petroleum owned by the Bush family. This initiated the formation of Operation 40 in which George Herbert Walker Bush participated. Operation 40 was an ultra secret CIA-team of operatives with the sole purpose to eliminate Fidel Castro.

Guest History Buff

I am sorry I do not believe it. George H.W. Bush was a true war hero. He flew 58 combat missions for which he received the Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals, and numerous other awards for protecting our country. I am sure he met many people during the course of his life. That does not make him guilty of anything. The picture your present could be anyone and believing a professional wrestler's conspiracy theory is laughable at best.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.