DC Message Boards
Luke_Wilbur

OC Sunshine House

Guest Alyzza

Just found this thread, did it ever bring back some memories! I bought 2 boards from the Bethesda Surf Shop, a Surfboards Hawaii that could ride anything, and a Surfboards Australia with some radical turned down rails. That one had a unclothed Aborigine on it which I thought was so cool. I remember when CV broke his leg in a skiing accident. I heard he made a million dollars selling t-shirts, that was the legend. I used to live up in Virginia, surfed around 9th St. in OC, and on Assateague. I hung out in Cocoa Beach by the old Holiday Inn and the picnic tables at Patricks for many years. I don't guess the Sunshine House there was related to y'all? I finally moved to Orlando and am still here. Remember Tink? Whatever happened to him? Those were definitely the good old days!

Guest Brian Iskow aka Snake

i ALSO WANTED TO SAY THAT IS NOT AN ORIGNAL SUNSHINE HOUSE SHIRT THE OCEAN CITY FONT IS NOT THE ORIGNIAL.JESICA FINIGAN THE OWNERS DAUGHTER.

Guest Desiree

I remember the Sunshine House in OC, MD back in the 70s.

I would love to know where I can get yellow long sleeve t-shirt with Sunshine house down the sleeve.

I know there are may people in my age group 50 + who would love to own another Sunshine House T-Shirt.

Desiree

San Pedro, CA :rolleyes:

Guest Pam D

I have no idea if this Message Board is still active (found it through Google) but thought it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. I knew Jimmy back in the early 1980's, when I spent three summers during college as a waitress at the Crab Bag in Ocean City, Maryland. He was good friends with the owners, Michael and Debe Holden, and often sat back in the kitchen with all of us, shooting the sh&* and picking away at the biggest and best crabs in the house. He was one of the most hilarious, fun-loving people I have ever met (even to this day)! Anyway, I was reminiscing recently about Ocean City and thought of Jimmy and the Crab Bag and Michael and Debe, and all of the people who made those college summers so much fun . . . I hope Jimmy and his family are doing well all these years later!

Guest Catfish

Aloha All,

I have fond memories of the B-town shop, skating everywhere, working and going to the beach shop for fun.

Jim and C.V. tagged me as looking like a "Catfish" one day while at work and it stuck for ever.

Catfish Cool they used to say.

I remember those guys eating cheese and bread sandwhiches and then the urathane wheel came out and the skateboard was reborn. One day C.V. and I drove way out to meet this guy C.V. called "Mr. Urathane".

Stopped in and saw Blair last summer at Chauncy's surf shop north (O.C.).

They have all the old style surf prints that were sold back in the day.

They are doing well and have a website for the surf shop for ordering and web posts.

Keep Sliding,

Catfish

Guest john

If anyone is interested in selling any of their Sunshine House l/s tees....you have a buyer here!! Spent my summers there in the 70's and 80's....love to have even just one!! THX EMAIL ME: pjoy15@gmail.com

Guest Jim buss

I loved all my Sunshine House shirts. I loved the name down the sleeve. They were a cool status at Severna Park Jr High in the late 70s.

I live in California now but would love to find a few shirts with original designs to wear out here! Such great memories. Sunshine house, Thrashers fries, The Green Turtle and the Gold Coast Mall. Life was good in O.C.! I used to work at the House Of Crabs by the Green Turtle.

Please contact me if you have the ability to sell me an original! Much appreciated!

Guest Steve l

Sunshine house

I went in the marine Corp in 1980.I heard they sold the property to bunting.I skated for fining an and roberts skateboard team from 1976 to 1979.I remember when the bowl opened on July 1 1976.the team got to ride the bowl in a closed session on June 29 1976.it was awsome.I still skate.longboard.the old days. Damn.where does time go.wow. the bowl opened 40 years ago this past July 1.damn

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.