Washington DC Message Boards

Next Lunar Eclipse

Human

August 28th

All of North America will witness some portion of the eclipse, but western observers are favored. The early penumbral or umbral phases will be in progress at moonset for observers in Maritime Canada. From the eastern USA, the Great Lakes region and Ontario, the Moon sets in total eclipse. Only observers to the west of the Rockies (including Alaska) will be treated to the entire event. All phases of the eclipse are also visible from islands of the Pacific Ocean, New Zealand and eastern Australia. Various stages of the eclipse are in progress at moonrise for eastern Asia. No eclipse is visible from Europe, Africa and western Asia.

I haven't seen a total one yet, but it still tickles me to know that our sun is traveling through space,

and taking us along for the ride, so we are never in the same place twice in space.

So for a time traveler to travel through time? that person would need a space ship. I think "though I'm not

sure" that the sun travels through space at 4,000 miles a week?, "or there abouts".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I viewed a lunar eclipse once. It was amazing.

Not theory, the moon is moving away 1.6 inches a year.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/astronomy/q0262.shtml

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watching on the Science Channel that the moon is slowly moving away from Earth. Billions of years from now we will not have a lunar eclipse. Have you heard that theory?