DC Message Boards
Guest Victor Conner

Parkingticket.com

Guest Victor Conner

Has anyone heard of whether ParkingTicket.com ?

DC really seems corrupt when hear how a former DC Police officer

can fix your parking tickets for money.

Their web site states:

Our expert team of consultants has more than 80 years of parking ticket contesting experience. Knowing all the rules inside and out, we are confident that most tickets will be completely dismissed.

So confident, that if your ticket is not dismissed or reduced, you pay us nothing!

Has anyone used this service?

Guest DP

I used them. They claim 75% success but the excuse to dismiss my ticket was really lame and they don't tell you what the reason(s) will be until you pay. Additionally, their "100% money back guarantee" is almost impossible to get because they don't mention that you have to save all of your paperwork throughout the process and then fax in every single sheet. Additionally, every time you mail something it costs $5, so you end up saving very little (they charge half the cost of the ticket). Unless you think you have a strong argument (in which case you can probably fight it yourself) don't bother with them.

DP

Guest SueF

I had the same experience. i will probably contact the Attorney General's office. I can't beleive these people get away with this. Does anyone know anyone who actually had success with them?

Guest hate parking tickets

My experience was a little different.

I saw there HOW IT WORKS page explained the process and the Terms and Conditions said to save everything. My ticket was NOT dismissed but I did receive a speedy refund.

Guest jack nyc

Add this to the growing negative blog entries regarding parkingticket.com:

As DP pointed out, they require that you save all your paperwork -- but fail to tell you to do so. Also a good point by another poster that the mailing costs eat up most of your savings.

And -- get this -- my request for a refund was denied by parkingticket.com because, "Refund Request not filed within 30 days of date of Appeal

Hearing" -- OUTRAGEOUS.

Do Not Use ParkingTicket.com!!!! It is a swindle!!!

Guest Dan

Parkingticket.com is an absolute scam.

Here is a link that describes my problem because I am in the middle of a huge fight with them.

http://www.thingsingeneral.com/parkingtick...et_com_scam.htm

Now, onto what happened.

First of all, my ticket was unfounded and invalid, but that's besides the point.

I am in New York, where the cops give tickets wherever they possibly can stretch the rules a bit, and the courts always uphold it regardless of evidence. They need the money.

But this is about parkingticket.com

They have a policy that you will not receive a refund if your request for a refund is more than 30 after the decision.

Firstly, I wonder why that is? Clearly if the court decides against you, you are entitled to a refund.

But the problem is, the courts almost never get the decision out in the mail to you within 30 days of the decision being rendered. Ergo, parkingticket.com will NEVER have to refund your money.

A previous poster here said they got their money back, so maybe they were lucky. I have never received such prompt response from the courts here in NY. Parkingticket.com says that they don't believe that I just received the decision I must have waited more than 30 days.

Why would I do that?

Anyway, I suggest you avoid using them - they are a complete scam.

And by the way, their letter didn't work. The ticket was upheld.

Read the link I posted above, it is more detailed.

Guest JinNY

A BIG F___king scam!!!!!!!!! DONT USE THEM FOLKS! just read above dont be a satistics like us!

Guest sm

Had 7 tickets with them. Only one was dismissed. The other 6 were upheld on appeal. My experience has been the same..missing some of the paperwork..mostly the letters that they provide to you to provide to the court. I have all of the appeal determinations but got a response similiar to what the other poster had. I finally filed with the Better Business BUreau, of which Parking Ticket.COm answered. Their reply to the BBB that said that i totally disregarded the terms and conditions and was not willing to do my part in the agreement.

It is BS..do not use them

Guest mIKE

Can't tell you about DC, but in NY they are a rip off. If the ticket doe not get dismissed good luck recovering what you paid them! They insist that you provide them a signed copy of the appeal dismissal. guess what, if the the judge doesn't sign it there is nothing you can do! What are you going to do? Request another signed hearing notice.

Stay away from these bozos.

Guest notfunny

Its not funny. These parking tickets suck. parkingticket.com got my ticket dismissed ~!

Yep....I didn't believe it but I took a chance - anything is better than paying for the ticket - and I'd rather give it to parkingticket.com then the City.

Guest not funny again

I feel bad for any of you who didn't get your ticket dismissed........or get a refund. Perhaps you didn't read the HOW IT WORKS area or the Terms.

Anyway....don't you always keep a copy of important documents....be fair.....parkingticket.com is fighting against THE MAN. And that doesn't come easily. They have to have some chutzpha to do that. If you didn't get a refund perhaps you should consider it a donation to the cause.

Guest RGBFoundry

I just threw away $50 to ParkingTickets.com. So much for saving money.

I've never spent so much time trying to save $50 in my life. In the end, I ended up paying $150 on the violation instead of the original fine. It was almost $250.

They don't tell you what to do when your certified mail dismissal letter goes unanswered.

I'll never recommend this to anyone.

Guest atrox

Parkingticket.com are dishonest thieves.

my ticket was upheld by the city on the evidence.

i saved every little paper and faxed them the whole thing promptly.

they are still denying the refund b/c i didnt sign something, when

in fact i signed everything i was supposed to. they are flat out

stealing my money, and i want to make sure everyone knows

not to use them.

PARKINGTICKET.COM SUCKS!

Guest Aish Rai

Can someone please send me a copy of the appeal letter- I cant find mine and they wont give me my money back

Thanks

Guest Susan

DO NOT USE PARKINGTICKETS.COM. They are not registered with the BBB. I hate to throw $50 in the garbage but that is what i think i did. I wish I read this blog before i used the rip-off parkingtickets.com. I did everything they said and even kept everything. It cost me time and money mailing and faxing. so my appeals got denied and i paid my ticket. Now my parkingtickets.com refund is denied and they sent me this e-mail:

Hi,

This email is to inform you that in accordance with our Terms & Conditions, your request for a refund on ticket #1032072120 was declined for the following reasons:

- It appears that you have digitally or electronically modified or copied the Dismissal Letter. Please note we consider that to be an unauthorized use of our services, and a serious violation of our Terms & Conditions.

If you have any questions or feel this is in error, please contact us immediately.

Thank you,

The Support Team

parkingticket.com

Guest parkingticket.com scam

I feel for all of you because I got ripped off too. The appeal letters they "personally constructed for me," were just standard form paragraphs with weak legal arguments. When you ask for their refund they ignore you. Then when you get pissed in your emails, they throw the terms and conditions in your face - which is 4,800 words long. It's my fault for not reading the fine print, but that's how most scams operate. These people are disgusting.

Guest Steven

Hey guys ... I used to work their ... Let me tell you ... Glen Bolofsky is a complete nut bag ... he takes your money and doesn't really do anything for you. Yes, people are lucky and thats all it is is luck ... Not a magically letter sent into the city ... There is basically a computer that looks though all the input you give it and creates this "Dismissal Letter" thats it, there is no human interaction what so ever.

A couple of funny stories:

1) He has these meetings with his staff (which isn't very large) to come up with ways for more income ... I'm sorry, but when your worth over 4 million you don't need any more income streams ... So he wanted me to create a website to help ppl with credit card disputes (disputemycharge.com) ... He made me work hours on end to get this site up and running ... I was working on weekends and 14 - 16 hour days ... 1 or 2 am from 8:30 AM ... which is not right ... and I didn't even see anything extra in my pay ...

2) He came up with this new rule, if anybody is caught (or it is traced back to you) that you left the door to the office unlocked, you will be fired on the spot ... The reason he does this, is because is scared for his life (it would seem) that the ppl he "HELPS" would come to his office and start something if they didn't get their ticket dismissed and Glen didn't give them a refund ... That is because he makes up these stupid rules, that you must follow ... or you don't get your refund ...

3) He has these battles with himself about wether or not he should change somebody 5K for copying his paperwork ... and everytime no matter what any of his employees say ... he always charges their CC ... I mean these are hard working ppl, and 5K is a lot of money for anybody ... Plus, I really don't think he can do that without letting the ppl know what he is doing ...

4) Also, his starting salary for anybody ... no matter what your skill level is (and what the postion is) is 18K /year ... With a clause in the contract saying ... you have to work overtime ... That I know for a fact is illegal ... you have to make at least 22k before you can work overtime

If anybody has any complants, I erge you to go there and take it up with Glen Bolofsky

The address is:

16 Arcadian Way

Paramus, NJ 07652

Thank you

- Steven

Guest ed

I was ripped off by parkingtickets.com as well. Dont waste your money. They also promised a refund to me as well and are now ignoring my emails. The paperwork and effort are completely unreasonable.

For a $100 ticket you need to pay them $50 plus send registered mail for each filing, $3.00 each + 2 appeals ($6) and wait about 3 months for a final decision that yes you are guilty and still owe the $100 ticket and now parkingticket.com won't give you a refund without overcoming major hurdles. Therefore you end up paying the original fine + all the parking ticket.com fees, certified mail fees and a 3 months of hassle.

The truth is if your guilty pay the fine and have it over in 5 mins. If your innocent send in the proof you will get off anyway. You did need to weak form letters from parkingticket.com.

Guest terrible service

I'll add to the list of complaints against parkingticket.com, as I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I saved all documentation, including return receipts for the dismissal letter, and promptly faxed all required paperwork to parkingticket.com as soon as I was notified of a guilty determination. I followed their policy to a tee. The result? No refund, despite my attentiveness to their policies.

DON'T USE THIS SERVICE. You're better off writing your own letter to the city.

Guest Mitch

I also got ripped off by ParkingTicket.com. I got a $65 dollar ticket 8 months ago. I just got notification that my dismissal letter was rejected, and owe an additional $60 dollars. Of course, there is no number to call to speak with a live person. Also, my emails are being ignored.

My question is, how can they get away with it? Why hasn't BBB done anything about this complete scam?

Guest Steven
I also got ripped off by ParkingTicket.com. I got a $65 dollar ticket 8 months ago. I just got notification that my dismissal letter was rejected, and owe an additional $60 dollars. Of course, there is no number to call to speak with a live person. Also, my emails are being ignored.

My question is, how can they get away with it? Why hasn't BBB done anything about this complete scam?

The reason the BBB doesn't do anything about it is because ... when PT.com gets a letter from the BBB ... PT.com response within the alloted time period ... therefor the BBB can't say anything ...

For the number call 201-291-7878 ... I believe that is the number ... just ask for Glen or Greg ... they are the masterminds behind the site

Hope everything works out for you

- Steven

Guest jamal
Can someone please send me a copy of the appeal letter- I cant find mine and they wont give me my money back

Thanks

Hey if you get a copy of the appeal, can you let me have a copy too. I am in the same situation you are in, and it sux!

thanks

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.