Washington DC Message Boards

IT enabled services and environment

I want to process data preferably for any type of scientific data but most importantly for environment at a much reduced cost and serve the environment in a better and menanigful way. How can this desire of mine be made posssible. Does any one have any idea or any link to lead me in this career?

We can also do projects that requires tasks with the help of CAD, CAM, &CAE. in the field of engineering.

• 2 weeks later...

Nachiappan,

Do you have any knowledge of total solar irradiance (TSI) for Mars?

Total solar irradiance describes the radiant energy emitted by the sun over all wavelengths that falls each second on 1 square meter outside the earth's atmosphere--a quantity proportional to the "solar constant" observed earlier in this century. It measures the solar energy flux in Watts/square meter.

There is a theory that increased solar output is the cause to global warming. Is Mars is experiencing a global warming pattern simular to Earth?

In my opinion, you should display your skills and help the community gain greater understanding of the truth to the world around them.

You answer the above question and you will get my attention.

Nachiappan,

Do you have any knowledge of total solar irradiance (TSI) for Mars?

Total solar irradiance describes the radiant energy emitted by the sun over all wavelengths that falls each second on 1 square meter outside the earth's atmosphere--a quantity proportional to the "solar constant" observed earlier in this century. It measures the solar energy flux in Watts/square meter.

There is a theory that increased solar output is the cause to global warming. Is Mars is experiencing a global warming pattern simular to Earth?

In my opinion, you should display your skills and help the community gain greater understanding of the truth to the world around them.

You answer the above question and you will get my attention.

Dear Mr.Wilbur,

I did enjoy your question and had taken passion to answer because it could be available to all people who are very particular to arrive at a resolution and thereby truth could be evolved. Shortly, Iam happy that iam a part or insturmental to bring out truth or some arguments/views through science. Here I have also attempted to project my thoughts in very simple way so that every person could understand.

My knowledge with regard to The TSI is quite limited,though I have the understanding of what it is and its significance. And TSI for Mars is half that of what earth receives. One should also bear in mind that Mars is farther away from the Sun than Earth is to Sun.

Though half the size of earth Mars has an atmosphere made of co2 which could be expected to "absorbs & trap" more of radiation offered to it than offered to earth.That is the coeffeciency of absorbed solar radiance by the planet Mars could be more than the coeffeciency of absorbed solar radiation by earth given the size and proximity of earth towards Sun. Simply put if you have Mars in the same distance as Earth and size as earth towards Sun, Mars would absorb more of radiance than Earth.

Even then global warming of mars cannot be justified using this because,the global warming process if said to happen in Mars it should be very gradual and should show sign of steady changes be it either reversals or progression in a linear or any other fashion.This is not happening in Mars or gives any sign of this type of "process".Even if data is got in support of warming it will surely say that warming is not fast or sudden or rapid as like our earth.

Secondly the planet Mars is roughly half the size of Earth. So the influence of warming by Sun is quite meager (even though as for the sake of arugument we say the coefficiency of solar radiation abosorption by Mars COULD BE HIGHER THAN EARTH) though cannot be ruled out completely. That is, though concluded to be present but only to a slight extent.

Then next thing you had raised is about--- Is Mars is experiencing global warming pattern similar to Earth…

It could be a faulty assumption because it is an observation based on a regional change around a polar cap in that planet. This observation of a region also comes from a simple modeled Martian terrain where there are no significant domains such as a huge ocean as like we have in Earth.

In Earth this oceanic domain is the one greatly influencing the behavior of our Earth. It had acted as a buffer for a very long time and now it is quite unable to do so continuously and so now show its “weakness” or ”Rupture”. This type of buffer is completely absent in Martian terrain. This influence by ocean is profound and influences the atmosphere and Ice Caps as well.

I mean that the planet Mars is having a terrain that is blanketed by a significant cover of an atmosphere dominated by CO2 that does not have any interaction with a domain as like our oceans. Therefore, the planet Mars has only the surface terrain and its Co2 dominated atmosphere. Simply could be told that Earth has two fluid spheres and Mars has only one—the atmosphere. Only the FLUID spheres are greatly, quickly and significantly influenced by Solar output Energy.

It could also mean that the Martian atmosphere should behave according to the forcing from external factor robustly or some type of a profound response to external forcing but it is not so seem to behave in a significant manner.

Even the thaw of ice in Polar Regions of Martian terrain could be attributed to some type of long term change indigenous to that planet which could be related to a phenomenon called Precession like our wobbling. So the mere “appearance” (not observation) of the polar change in Mars cannot be held as a staunch proof for Warming of that planet. So I would conveniently deduce that Mars is not experiencing global warming pattern similar to Earth. Even if it is so found that there is a warming of Mars it would be very very insignificant. And that will take a long time to affect that planet by the charge of rising temperature & global warming, because the irradiance from the Sun is not only weak in that planet but also it is the one major external forcing related to do warming. So other than the inherent weakness if any in the planet Mars there is no other great or big significant way that Mars will be affected by global warming.

And so it could be deduced the major Solar radiance forcing factor has "FAILED"to bring about any significant or sudden and rapid change on the planet Mars.

But in our Earth that is not the case there are possibilities to say that the anthropogenic causes are the once that triggered warming which paved way to the irradiance from the Sun to gain entry ,accelerate and complicate the global warming in a greater scale. I mean that anthropogenic factors not only triggered warming but also gave berth to a natural phenomenon (solar radiation) and made to catalyze the Global warming process. So the warming process is now magnified, complicated, globally rampant, significant and profound in our planet which should not be equated or scaled to compare with other planets.

Mr.Wilbur may I get to know where in States are you located and what your profession and other deatails.

I will be happy to know more about you.

Nachiappan.

Nachiappan,

You should post your thoughts on global warming for our Washington DC Community members to view. I work with Luke running DCpages.com

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=11682

Some of our readers are leaders of organizations here in Washington. This is a good way to market your name.

Where are you located? Are you looking for employment or outsource work?

Nachiappan,

You should post your thoughts on global warming for our Washington DC Community members to view. I work with Luke running DCpages.com

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=11682

Some of our readers are leaders of organizations here in Washington. This is a good way to market your name.

Where are you located? Are you looking for employment or outsource work?

Dear Wiley

As you had given an instruction to post the message as an article I have done so in the way the readers would be convenient to go through.

Iam located at Salem, Tamilnadu state of South India.

Yes Iam looking for some work and could be taken in any way either employment or Outsource work.

NN.Nachiappan.

I am located at Salem, Tamilnadu state of South India.

Yes Iam looking for some work and could be taken in any way either employment or Outsource work.

NN.Nachiappan.

NN.Nachiappan,

Is it difficult to find work in your field in India? Your country's economy appears to be growing at a tremendous rate.

What is your prior job experience?

NN.Nachiappan,

Is it difficult to find work in your field in India? Your country's economy appears to be growing at a tremendous rate.

What is your prior job experience?

Dear Mr.Wilbur

I wonder how you are able to ask questions that are so short but requires a very long answers.

For your question---"Is it difficult to find work in YOUR field in India?" I would say YES it is very difficult to find work in my field--GEOLOGY/EARTH SCIENCES. Both the central and State government stopped recruitment 13 to 14 years back,just when I completed my graduation and already registered and entered the class for post-graduation.Private companies hardly employ geologist or Earth Sciences. Though there is a LITTLE awarness for Environment, they are hardly given any weightage for consideration as an "essential" one.If anyone or authority insist a mandation for environmental cause then they employ for a short period of time and "fire" the post & person after the mandation subsides.Shortly the posts are mostly temprory or a time limited "project". And I have worked in several short term projects.After the project one has walk away even without a termination letter but they would give an experience certificate if it happens to be more than six months.--This is the ground reality as far as my field is concerned. But one exception is the "Robbing industry" that is what we call for minning/ground water extraction firms or companies (requiring high level exploitation). There too as soon as the operation is over the Geologist will be "fired out".No environmental study or reporting or any sought of impact investigation studies or probing. As a result nearly 95 to 96 percent of geology students drift away to other positions such as Banking clerk,postman,Call centre executives, and off late some computer programming, bussiness owners(if he is rich). And the rest three to five percent do some temprory assignments but due to these severe constraints their efficiency are also under stake. Hardly very few keep in pace with the standard after deligent efforts and still get paid little.

Next you talked about the economic growth of our country.Yes we are indeed making some rapid growth but this growth is not sustaninable and equitable either. The Rich getting richer and poor getting Poorer. There are villages I have seen which do not have proper roads & electricity available. Only metropolitan cities and in towns you could see the modernisations. Take an example of myself, I have access to internet only when i come to my company I work, otherwise i have to pay and use in a public internet booth which is not affordable to me with what iam paid. There are thousands of villages which does not at all have any access to internet only now they are getting phone facilities. Most of the benefits of economic growth goes to the enormously corrupt govenment officials, of late the benefit goes to computer professionals and bussiness people.Shortly the standard of living of many people remains some what the same as was in seventies or eighties.

Next you asked me about my job experience as soon as i completed my postgraduation in GEOLOGY in the year 1993 I worked for a couple of month in a project in a University, next I worked as a clerk for a printing company for a year. Then by early 1995 I joined an Orchard raising real estate company as a HYDRO GEOLOGIST where i was trained to prospect for ground water exploration and extraction.And i did prospecting for ground water using geo-physical methods with resistivity meters.I got some exposure to drilling methods and process. This job lasted for nearly two years. Then by early 1997 I was asked to work for a ground water recharge project at Anna University a famous one chennai.There the project lasted for two years.Where i have to identify areas that would be suitable for recharge of ground water.By early 1999 that project was over. By the middle of 1999 I joined a call center as an executive and was given some trainning in sales and it lasted until the middle of 2002.Since the management and the clients in US had a strained relationship all the employees where "oozed out" or mass retrenchment.

From the middle of 2002 I started tutoring in a local school as teacher for science and Geography. Using that experience I joined one reputed school in the city of Madurai as a teacher. But the pay was very poor just 2200 rupees roughly around U$55.00(fiftyfive dollars a month).Since the pay was poor and inadequate for a decent living I had to resign by middle of 2004, the only JOB I quit on my own will!!!!! in my career ever since now.

Then I did a shortterm social work for an organistion which is an NGO but for only four or five months.By now 2004 was over. In the beginning of 2005 I joined a limestone prospecting and minning company and that they recruited only for four months for the purpose of exploration.

By middle of 2005 I came out and joined a company(it was not a company but a family bussiness) that deals with import and exports for claiming incentives from the government. I left the company and joined the present BPO (Bussiness Process Outsourcing)company in 2006.

Here in this BPO company I was called to do a process required by the EPA of US.The job involves processing of ground water data for LANDFILLS in US in a particular tabulation and preparing text file for statistical analysis of ground water monitoring enabling the data to be fed into a software that gives statistical results.

But even now Our clients in US are having some problem and so they are unable to give us orders continuously even though we are ready and proved our competency to them,so I do what ever work is given to me by the company. Based on my previous experience the company has asked me to do some bussiness development calls to US.So I do that now at present.

So all these economic development and growth are some what just confined to officials in the govenment and some rich industrialist and to selected professionals.It is not a common index.The one major and very significant change is that we are able to communicate with anyone in the world at an amazing extent at awesome speed.

Nachiappan.

Nachiappan,

Here are a list of people related to your field that might be able to help you.

Sinha, A. Krishna

Professor of Geology

pitlab@vt.edu

Gibbs, G. V.

Professor Emeritus of Mineralogy and University Distinguished Professor

gvgibbs@vt.edu

Ge Lin

Professor

http://www.geo.wvu.edu/~glin

ge.lin@mail.wvu.edu

Geography Program

Specialties: Spatial Analysis, Migration Modeling, Aging and Health

MICHAEL BROWN

Ph.D. University of Keele, U.K. 1975

Professor and Chair

Department of Geology,

University of Maryland,

College Park, Maryland 20742, USA

Tel: (301) 405-4080

Fax: (301) 314-7970

mbrown@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

High-T metamorphism, crustal anatexis and melt segregation, ascent and emplacement; granulites and HP/UHT metamorphism; the P-T-t-d evolution and the tectonics of metamorphic belts.

ANDREW CAMPBELL

Ph.D. University of Chicago, 1993

Assistant Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-4086

Fax: (301) 314-9661

ajc@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

Mineral physics and solid earth geochemistry; high-pressure, temperature phase equilibria and equations of state; siderophile element cosmochemistry.

ANN G. WYLIE

Ph.D. Columbia University, 1972

Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-4079

awylie@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

Economic geology of Appalachian metal and industrial deposits; mineralogy and human health; the study of ore minerals as petrogenetic indicators; geology and tectonic history of the central Appalachian Piedmont

SASWATA HIER-MAJUMDER

Ph.D. University of Minnesota, 2004

Assistant Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-6979

saswata@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

A part of my current research focuses on theoretical modelling of multicomponent fluid dynamics in problems of geophysical interest. More specifically, I am interested in segregation and transport of magma in the mantle. Another aspect of my research is experimental determination of influence of water on the kinetic properties of silicates.

Here are some jobs I found as well:

GEOLOGY INSTRUCTOR

Position: Part-time Geology Instructor, Emory & Henry College, Emory, Virginia. To teach a range of undergraduate geology courses. 10 to 12-hour teaching load per year with emphasis on service to programs in geography, environmental studies and earth science. Non-tenure track appointment, renewable on a yearly basis. Candidates must have teaching experience; Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred. Please send three letters of recommendation along with curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations (if applicable), copies of transcripts, and statement of teaching philosophy to Dr. Chris Qualls, Dean of the Faculty, Emory & Henry College, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327-0947. Applications accepted until position is filled.

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, GEOLOGIST/SOIL SCIENTIST

THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-RIVER FALLS

The Department of Plant and Earth Science seeks a dynamic teacher to complement our diverse programs. Course responsibilities will include geomorphology, pedology, meteorology and other courses in geology and soil science dependent on expertise of the successful candidate. Interest in global systems and sustainability is desirable. This is a full-time, nine-month, assistant professor level, tenure-track faculty position starting in August, 2007. Compensation is based on qualifications, including education and experience. The normal teaching load is 12 units. Other expectations include advising, scholarly activity and service. Required qualifications include a Ph.D. and teaching and/or field experience. Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2007 and continue until the position is filled. See the University’s website at www.uwrf.edu/hr for the application process, deadlines, complete position description and qualifications.

Nachiappan,

Here are a list of people related to your field that might be able to help you.

Sinha, A. Krishna

Professor of Geology

pitlab@vt.edu

Gibbs, G. V.

Professor Emeritus of Mineralogy and University Distinguished Professor

gvgibbs@vt.edu

Ge Lin

Professor

http://www.geo.wvu.edu/~glin

ge.lin@mail.wvu.edu

Geography Program

Specialties: Spatial Analysis, Migration Modeling, Aging and Health

MICHAEL BROWN

Ph.D. University of Keele, U.K. 1975

Professor and Chair

Department of Geology,

University of Maryland,

Tel: (301) 405-4080

mbrown@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

High-T metamorphism, crustal anatexis and melt segregation, ascent and emplacement; granulites and HP/UHT metamorphism; the P-T-t-d evolution and the tectonics of metamorphic belts.

ANDREW CAMPBELL

Ph.D. University of Chicago, 1993

Assistant Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-4086

ajc@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

Mineral physics and solid earth geochemistry; high-pressure, temperature phase equilibria and equations of state; siderophile element cosmochemistry.

ANN G. WYLIE

Ph.D. Columbia University, 1972

Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-4079

awylie@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

Economic geology of Appalachian metal and industrial deposits; mineralogy and human health; the study of ore minerals as petrogenetic indicators; geology and tectonic history of the central Appalachian Piedmont

SASWATA HIER-MAJUMDER

Ph.D. University of Minnesota, 2004

Assistant Professor

Department of Geology

University of Maryland

Tel: (301) 405-6979

saswata@geol.umd.edu

Research Interests

A part of my current research focuses on theoretical modelling of multicomponent fluid dynamics in problems of geophysical interest. More specifically, I am interested in segregation and transport of magma in the mantle. Another aspect of my research is experimental determination of influence of water on the kinetic properties of silicates.

Here are some jobs I found as well:

GEOLOGY INSTRUCTOR

Position: Part-time Geology Instructor, Emory & Henry College, Emory, Virginia. To teach a range of undergraduate geology courses. 10 to 12-hour teaching load per year with emphasis on service to programs in geography, environmental studies and earth science. Non-tenure track appointment, renewable on a yearly basis. Candidates must have teaching experience; Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred. Please send three letters of recommendation along with curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations (if applicable), copies of transcripts, and statement of teaching philosophy to Dr. Chris Qualls, Dean of the Faculty, Emory & Henry College, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327-0947. Applications accepted until position is filled.

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, GEOLOGIST/SOIL SCIENTIST

THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-RIVER FALLS

The Department of Plant and Earth Science seeks a dynamic teacher to complement our diverse programs. Course responsibilities will include geomorphology, pedology, meteorology and other courses in geology and soil science dependent on expertise of the successful candidate. Interest in global systems and sustainability is desirable. This is a full-time, nine-month, assistant professor level, tenure-track faculty position starting in August, 2007. Compensation is based on qualifications, including education and experience. The normal teaching load is 12 units. Other expectations include advising, scholarly activity and service. Required qualifications include a Ph.D. and teaching and/or field experience. Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2007 and continue until the position is filled. See the University’s website at www.uwrf.edu/hr for the application process, deadlines, complete position description and qualifications.

Thank you Mr.Wilbur for taking pains to help me out. I think the list of people that you have provided me could help me to establish contact and look for more prospects in either appointment or some "piece work/aaignments" to assist them in their scientific endevour.And these contacts might help me to establish some association with people who do contribute for environmental cause

But for job that You had given some postings which I think I won't seek because it involves me migrating to US and that the US universities are insisting that potential candidates MUST have done their PG courses in US. Meaning that US universities do not give value & recognise the Indian post graduate degrees in our field.

But soon I will keep in touch with the people that you have listedout.

Thankyou,

Nachiappan.

Nachiappan,

If you ever have some thoughts that you would like to share with our Community about the environment or any topic that interests you please feel free to post them. You are a welcomed member :D

Sure Mr. Wilbur,

I would post my thoughts and action plans for the betterment & Conservation of the Planet.

It has always been my Passion to do so.

Nachiappan.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.