Washington DC Message Boards

Address to the Tenac Organization

Karl Rudder

Here is my initial address to TENAC about their failure to respond to the needs of DC residents located in Ward 7.

Forwarded Message:

Subj: Study Skills = Knowledge

Date: 3/17/2007 12:28:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: tenacdc@yahoo.com

As complex as the issues are within the various DC communities I would think that you would be employing far more than just email announcements to populate periodic meetings of Tenac within the DC communities. Your rhetorical objectives are proven by your lists of concerns making referral to the

Benning Rd. Library being of your concern.

The Benning Rd. library has been closed for years! How has Tenac ever addressed the needs of the residents of Ward 7 and made sure that the Benning Rd. Library was actually in operation?

I will do my best to attend your meetings. I am looking forward to better participate with providing better academic services within the DC community.

Study Skills = Knowledge

Our children cannot learn if they are not given more assistance in developing much stronger studying skills. Why isn't providing quality education to American children being one of the most popular activities within every American community? With just a reliable coordination of just 25% of those Americans attending church a far more impressive effort can be expressed in every American community.

The entertainment industry actually has begun a TV show entitled, "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"

Must we only be entertained by the results of quality education on television or can we also be proud of providing quality education for DC children and adults?

Karl Rudder

Here is Jeanne Williams of TENAC response:

03/17/07 (12:45:43pm)

Mr. Rudder,

The meeting/flyer distributed on Libraries you are referring to was sent out by me - Jeanne Williams, not

Jim McGrath. I normally only send out/am (personally) interested in tenants rights issues. I sent the

email/flyer on behalf of Linda Leaks of Empower DC, if you had read the flyer. It was from Empower DC, to - TENAC.

I did so out of great respect for this lady who works tirelessly on various subjects/issues. If you have issues with any of the content, please contact her.

If I am incorrect, then please send the documentation you are referring to when you are addressing an issue.

Thank you,

Jeanne Williams

Ms. Williams, 03/17/07 (5:39om)

I will submit copy of what you sent me along with what I received via the email from Tenac for your careful review. What I tried to submit to the attention of Tenac will prove of my specifically referring to what I had received via email.

You chose to begin your response to me by choosing to refer to what you are strangely under the impression that you emailed me about DC public libraries. How did you ever get that impression Ms. Williams?

You then go further into totally confusing the who, what and why I ever tried to contact Tenac. Maybe I should provide in big print - I am a native Washingtonian and presently am paying $800 a month for rent in an apartment in NE Washington DC. Can you refer me to who has/is serving Tenac in addressing the needs of my community in Ward 5 aka the District of Columbia community? When will the DC community be just that rather than only be the residents of Wards 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ?

Your recent email to me serves as the initial response that I have ever received from Tenac to any of the many responses that I've tried to convey in response to only the email that I have received from Tenac.

If the real intent of Mr. Jim McGrath and you and any other administrators of the Tenac Organization had ever been to sincerely address the needs of DC Tenants I trust that we would not be doing anything right now but communicating and cooperating for our common needs and interests as DC residents. What is holding us back Ms. Williams?

I am addressing you or anyone else at Tenac to only try and talk about building the academic tutorial services within every DC community for the benefit of the youth and adult residents of Washington DC. You failed to express any concern for that issue! Why?

You chose to state in your response, " I sent the email/flyer on behalf of Linda Leaks of Empower DC, if you had read the flyer." It is obvious that, "What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

The material that I received via email was to only announce an upcoming Tenac meeting and so I do not have the slightest idea of what you are referring to about Ms. Linda Leaks.

I am amazed that you did not provide me any direct reference to Ms. Linda Leaks who you said you've been greatly impressed with for having supposedly worked tirelessly with on "several subjects." I look forward to being able to obtain a much better skill of communication with you before I would expect any improvement in our level of cooperation.

Why can't we be friends? You must not be a proud graduate of Richardson Elementary, Kelly Miller Jr. High , Joel E. Spingarn High School and American University here in Washington DC. I don't discriminate. Some of my best friends went to Anacostia, Eastern and golly gee even far out Wilson!

I am more than willing to help us both learn to much better be able to talk and work with each other for the benefit of DC residents. Should you not find yourself able to devote a response to me with that being a common goal I will ask that you spare your time and mine.

I will trust that Tenac has someone among their administrators who will agree with a need to measurably improve the quality of tutorial service as well as educational skills that DC's 6th graders, 9th graders and especially our senior high school graduates are receiving.(everybody in between those grades is included)

I look forward to your response to this email and much better allow me to talk and work with you for the benefit of DC youth and residents.

Karl Rudder

202-249-8083 (as listed)

1309 Adams St. NE #4

Washington DC 20018

Here is my second email response to Ms. Williams.

03/17/07 6:09pm

Ms. Williams,

Allow me to share with a dear person like yourself a new means that I have recently been able to employ at addressing another means by which Congress and the news media has allowed DC residents to be subject to social, economic and political oppression.

By your making contact with DCpages.com you will be able to read my detailed research into the very unique DC Taxicab Zone System. Under the Popular Issues the Editor of the DCpages.com is allowing me to share the undeniable yet little known fact on how Congress screwed up the DC taxicab industry and as a result provide themselves the cheapest and most reliable taxicab service for themselves in downtown DC.

DC residents since 1934 have been forced to use a very unique "zone system" when responsible research will reveal that DC initially was just like every other major city in this entire world and had used a meter to equitably compute DC taxicab fares and that there are still standing a government decision that had listed 20 reasons against,"any version of the zone system to replace meters in DC taxicabs."

Judge Adkins (1932 PURC pg.1) completely upheld this initial government decision and Judge Adkins decision was upheld by the DC Appeals Court.

Are you allowed to express any concern for this issue Ms. Williams? I look forward to making better contact with Mr. McGrath and any other administrator of Tenac and find out how much Congress had to pay you people not to ever express any interest in sincerely and effectively addressing this issue.

My father and mother taught their children that in order to show respect for our heritage that we would not be allowed to become subservient employees and only doing what we were told to do. I am very grateful for my parents to be teachers and had taught their children how to responsibly employ themselves.

Please employ yourself and at your earliest convenience express your reply to my research and address to the DC Taxicab Issue as well as my effort at improving the Tutorial service in DC that is being shared via DCpages.com.

"Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but what is most important is that you do it." Gandhi

This is how Real Tenac will be in addressing an issue!

03/17/07 (8:30pm)

Sir,

What is your point?

Don't you have anything constructive to do with your time?

I am a native Washingtonian also.

I have removed your email from the TENAC system.

Jeanne

When did I ask for Tenac to remove my name from their list?

Right After I receive the far from warm welcome from Ms. Williams she responds to the email that I had sent her at 6:09pm by letting me know-

03/17/07 8:37pm

Sir,

I read only the first line of below. Let me repeat, I have removed your email address from the TENAC system. We are all volunteers, no lawyers on board, and we all try to do the best that we can. If you can't

accept that, then that is your issue.

Jeanne

At last but not least I finally am allowed to hear from the Boss of Tenac - I find it amusing that Jim Mcgrath cannot express himself to me any better than to just cry out to me:

03/19/07 - 9:06pm

Dear Mr. Ruddder,

I personally think our time is a lot more valuable than yours, so we do not plan to waste

any more of it listening to Karl Rudder.

Best,

Jim McGrath

Chairman

TENAC

My response to this insulting address from Jim McGrath-

Jim McGrath

Chairman

TENAC

With or without your support I will continue to address the needs of improving the quality of education within my DC community as well as expose the depth of Congressional corruption of the DC Taxicab Zone System. Your insulting email only motivates me even further.

Karl Rudder

"If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn this world upside down, then we together ought to be able to turn it right side up again." Sojourner Truth

Karl,

I am trying to understand your train of thought here, so I am listing the points I see in your dialogue:

1. Tenac should do more than just email announcements to populate periodic meetings

2. Tenac's rhetorical objectives are proven by making referral to the Benning Rd. library which has been closed for several years.

3. You would like to participate in Tenac's meetings.

4. You would like to help build children's study skills, which are deteriorating.

Jeanne Williams first response was:

1. She normally sends out messages about tenants rights issues.

2. Jeanne did a favor and sent out a message from Linda Leaks of Empower DC

Jeanne Williams did not address your willingness to participate in Tenac's meetings to help build our District childrens study skills.

You then responded back to Jeanne Williams.

1. You stated an initial email that is not posted here on the boards, so I cannot refer to that.

2. I do not understand what you are trying to state in the sentence below

You chose to begin your response to me by choosing to refer to what you are strangely under the impression that you emailed me about DC public libraries. How did you ever get that impression Ms. Williams?

3. You are a DC resident.

4. You make a new point asking who is responsible to addressing the needs Ward 5 tenants.

5. This was the first email that you have received from TENAC. I have trouble completely understanding your statement.

Your recent email to me serves as the initial response that I have ever received from Tenac to any of the many responses that I've tried to convey in response to only the email that I have received from Tenac.

6. You make a new point on building the academic tutorial services for the District. This ties in with your first email that you would like to help build childrens study skills.

7. I did not understand your point about the email received via was to only announce an upcoming Tenac meeting and that you do not have the slightest idea why Jeanne Williams was referring to about Ms. Linda Leaks. This is where I think this is a breakdown in communication between you and Jeanne Williams.

Jeanne Williams thought your email primarily concerned the library.

Your intention was to convey your academic tutoring services for DC children.

Reviewing TENAC's mission statement

TENAC is a non-profit, public service organization dedicated exclusively to tenant interests, tenant rights, and support for rent control in the District of Columbia. We are the only city-wide tenants organization, and we represent all tenants in the District of Columbia.

I do not see that their focus is academic services in the District. Have you tried contacting DC Public Schools?

Also, you might want to consider posting the initial email that TENAC sent out to you. Not knowing that part of your correspondance makes it difficult to decipher your dialogue.

Edited by BlingBling

Karl,

I am trying to understand your train of thought here, so I am listing the points I see in your dialogue:

1. Tenac should do more than just email announcements to populate periodic meetings

2. Tenac's rhetorical objectives are proven by making referral to the Benning Rd. library which has been closed for several years.

3. You would like to participate in Tenac's meetings.

4. You would like to help build children's study skills, which are deteriorating.

Jeanne Williams first response was:

1. She normally sends out messages about tenants rights issues.

2. Jeanne did a favor and sent out a message from Linda Leaks of Empower DC

Jeanne Williams did not address your willingness to participate in Tenac's meetings to help build our District childrens study skills.

You then responded back to Jeanne Williams.

1. You stated an initial email that is not posted here on the boards, so I cannot refer to that.

2. I do not understand what you are trying to state in the sentence below

3. You are a DC resident.

4. You make a new point asking who is responsible to addressing the needs Ward 5 tenants.

5. This was the first email that you have received from TENAC. I have trouble completely understanding your statement.

6. You make a new point on building the academic tutorial services for the District. This ties in with your first email that you would like to help build childrens study skills.

7. I did not understand your point about the email received via was to only announce an upcoming Tenac meeting and that you do not have the slightest idea why Jeanne Williams was referring to about Ms. Linda Leaks. This is where I think this is a breakdown in communication between you and Jeanne Williams.

Jeanne Williams thought your email primarily concerned the library.

Your intention was to convey your academic tutoring services for DC children.

Reviewing TENAC's mission statement

I do not see that their focus is academic services in the District. Have you tried contacting DC Public Schools?

Also, you might want to consider posting the initial email that TENAC sent out to you. Not knowing that part of your correspondance makes it difficult to decipher your dialogue.

Bling Bling,

I appreciate your detailed response. I will enjoy reading it and trying to answer all of your questions.

Please notice the date of that the attached email was sent to me and the date of their meeting. This is how you sell advertisement on your email notices and not how you service a community.

As a American citizen I believe that the strength of each community in this country to be able to become more coordinated and measurably productive in developing active tutorial programs in Detroit, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York- how many cities do I need to name?

I am not just talking about improving the quality of education for the youth of DC. I was trying to stimualte an effort at providing a national model in achieving such a goal. At addressing a national problem.

Despite a Jury finding me to be "Not Guilty" Judge Diaz in 1995 shocked me and refused to expunge my arrest record for the false charge of "Assaulting A DC Police Officer". My contact with the DC Public Schools was terminated by Judge Diaz's decision.

You have so far impressed me as one who believes that a community organization that says it devotes itself to serving the needs of the tenants of that community need not in any shape, manner or form be creative and provide productive academic tutorial sessions for the children and adults of that community that they say they are serving. Right?

I have faith that by September I'll find a means to return to enjoying the development of the reading, writing and math academic skills of GED candidates in the District of Columbia. I greatly appreciate DCPages.com in serving as a reliable means for me to continue to invite just a small fraction of the tens of thousands of proud graduates of the DC Public Schools as well as interested adults and college students to begin to start working as a team for the benefit of DC youth.

Please let me know clearly in any future response-

______ should the DC community continue to limit our youth's academic skills being able to served by those who have been hired and work for the DC Public Schools between the hours of 9am -3pm

______ can the many churches and communty organizations begin now to better design programs that will greatly strengthen the study skills and academic output of our youth?

Please check just one. Thanks

Forwarded Message:

Subj: [tenac] TAC (Tenant Advisory Council) Meeting, 3/8/07

Date: 3/7/2007 3:12:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Reply-to: tenac@lists.riseup.net

To: tenac@lists.riseup.net

Sent from the Internet (Details)

TENANT ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING

WHEN: THURSDAY, March 8, 2007

TIME: 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

WHERE: Washington Highlands Library

115 Atlantic Street, SW

(near Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue)

Nearest Metro Station is Congress Heights Metro

Station. If you use the Anacostia Metro Station you

can transfer to the A4 or A8 Metro Bus.

Bus Routes – A4 and A8 travel Martin Luther King, Jr.

Avenue. Check the following Web address

http://www.wmata.com/metrobus/maps/dc.pdf for the best

bus from your area of town.

The Tenant Advisory Council (TAC) is composed of ward

representatives appointed by the mayor who are

committed to tenant advocacy. TAC is charged with the

responsibility of reviewing the Office of the Tenant

Advocate’s (OTA) progress in fulfilling its mandate

and making recommendations designed to improve

services offered by the OTA. The OTA (202.442.8359) is

a newly created office to assist tenants in resolving

housing issues.

TENAC, the D.C. Tenants' Advocacy Coalition is asking 1,000 people to actively support the "D.C. Mobilization for Tenants' Rights & Affordable Housing" campaign. Click http://www.tenac.org/ to support the "D.C. Mobilization for Tenants' Rights & Affordable Housing" campaign.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097

========================================================================

TENAC's web site: http://tenac.org

TENAC's Mobalization list archive: http://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/tenac

Bling Bling,

I appreciate your detailed response. I will enjoy reading it and trying to answer all of your questions.

Please notice the date of that the attached email was sent to me and the date of their meeting. This is how you sell advertisement on your email notices and not how you service a community.

As a American citizen I believe that the strength of each community in this country to be able to become more coordinated and measurably productive in developing active tutorial programs in Detroit, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York- how many cities do I need to name?

I am not just talking about improving the quality of education for the youth of DC. I was trying to stimualte an effort at providing a national model in achieving such a goal. At addressing a national problem.

Despite a Jury finding me to be "Not Guilty" Judge Diaz in 1995 shocked me and refused to expunge my arrest record for the false charge of "Assaulting A DC Police Officer". My contact with the DC Public Schools was terminated by Judge Diaz's decision.

You have so far impressed me as one who believes that a community organization that says it devotes itself to serving the needs of the tenants of that community need not in any shape, manner or form be creative and provide productive academic tutorial sessions for the children and adults of that community that they say they are serving. Right?

I have faith that by September I'll find a means to return to enjoying the development of the reading, writing and math academic skills of GED candidates in the District of Columbia. I greatly appreciate DCPages.com in serving as a reliable means for me to continue to invite just a small fraction of the tens of thousands of proud graduates of the DC Public Schools as well as interested adults and college students to begin to start working as a team for the benefit of DC youth.

Please let me know clearly in any future response-

______ should the DC community continue to limit our youth's academic skills being able to served by those who have been hired and work for the DC Public Schools between the hours of 9am -3pm

______ can the many churches and communty organizations begin now to better design programs that will greatly strengthen the study skills and academic output of our youth?

Please check just one. Thanks

Bling Bling,

Give me time and I will be able to respond to your many questions. Allow me to return the favor and ask you

You indicated in your response to me that you had come to be under the impression from the same material that I received that, "Jeanne Williams thought your email primarily concerned the library."

Ms. Williams initial response was sent to me on 03/17/07 (12:45pm) - and the copy that I received reads:

Mr. Rudder,

The meeting/flyer distributed on Libraries you are

referring to was sent out by me - Jeanne Williams, not

Jim McGrath. I normally only send out/am (personally)

interested in tenants rights issues. I sent the

email/flyer on behalf of Linda Leaks of Empower DC, if

you had read the flyer. It was from Empower DC, to -

TENAC. I did so out of great respect for this lady

who works tirelessly on various subjects/issues. If

you have issues with any of the content, please

contact her.

This was followed later with this email.

8:30pm

Sir,

What is your point?

Don't you have anything constructive to do with your time?

I am a native Washingtonian also.

I have removed your email from the TENAC system.

Jeanne

I see much more in this brief exchange other than her only being under the impression that my email

" primarily concerned the library."

Why would she jump from that impression to that of her having a need to dismiss me from having any further contact with Tenac. Is it due to my skill in seeing a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Forwarded Message:

Subj: [tenac] TAC (Tenant Advisory Council) Meeting, 3/8/07

Date: 3/7/2007 3:12:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

TENANT ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING

WHEN: THURSDAY, March 8, 2007

TIME: 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

WHERE: Washington Highlands Library

115 Atlantic Street, SW

(near Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue)

Nearest Metro Station is Congress Heights Metro

Station. If you use the Anacostia Metro Station you

can transfer to the A4 or A8 Metro Bus.

Bus Routes – A4 and A8 travel Martin Luther King, Jr.

Avenue. Check the following Web address

http://www.wmata.com/metrobus/maps/dc.pdf for the best

bus from your area of town.

The Tenant Advisory Council (TAC) is composed of ward

representatives appointed by the mayor who are

committed to tenant advocacy. TAC is charged with the

responsibility of reviewing the Office of the Tenant

Advocate’s (OTA) progress in fulfilling its mandate

and making recommendations designed to improve

services offered by the OTA. The OTA (202.442.8359) is

a newly created office to assist tenants in resolving

housing issues.

TENAC, the D.C. Tenants' Advocacy Coalition is asking 1,000 people to actively support the "D.C. Mobilization for Tenants' Rights & Affordable Housing" campaign. Click http://www.tenac.org/ to support the "D.C. Mobilization for Tenants' Rights & Affordable Housing" campaign.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097

Must an "educational service" to the residents of a community be limited to nothing more than educating us about our rights as tenants? I trust you know that in this violent society of today in these United States that many of our children are not making it into high school and many others are having exteme challenges to go beyond high school.

Allow me to share Tenac's pledge. In respect to my eagerness to see resources grow in the many DC communities I am greatly disappointed that Tenac has been in operation for many years and has not chosen to better invest its resources into trying to provide much needed educational service for the residents that it says it is supposedly promising to service.

"TENAC is a non-profit, public service organization dedicated exclusively to tenant interests, tenant rights, and support for rent control in the District of Columbia. We are the only city-wide tenants organization, and we represent all tenants in the District of Columbia.

As a legal successor to the Tenants' Organizations Political Action Committee (TOPAC), we have been serving tenants for almost 15 years. TENAC's mission is to assist tenants through education, legal information, and lobbying for tenant legislation- especially affordable housing and tenants' rights. TENAC prepares legislative proposals on behalf of tenants, and testifies frequently before the City Council on matters of vital interest to tenants. Of critical importance is TENAC's HOTLINE (202-628-3688), which answers landlord/tenant questions, and TENAC's role in helping tenants to form tenant associations throughout the city. TENAC believes that tenants in unorganized rental buildings are open for abuse by landlords, rental agents, and owners. We will not rest until we see a tenants' association in every rental building in the city.

Must an "educational service" to the residents of a community be limited to nothing more than educating us about our rights as tenants? I trust you know that in this violent society of today in these United States that many of our children are not making it into high school and many others are having exteme challenges to go beyond high school.

Allow me to share Tenac's pledge. In respect to my eagerness to see resources grow in the many DC communities I am greatly disappointed that Tenac has been in operation for many years and has not chosen to better invest its resources into trying to provide much needed educational service for the residents that it says it is supposedly promising to service.

"TENAC is a non-profit, public service organization dedicated exclusively to tenant interests, tenant rights, and support for rent control in the District of Columbia. We are the only city-wide tenants organization, and we represent all tenants in the District of Columbia.

As a legal successor to the Tenants' Organizations Political Action Committee (TOPAC), we have been serving tenants for almost 15 years. TENAC's mission is to assist tenants through education, legal information, and lobbying for tenant legislation- especially affordable housing and tenants' rights. TENAC prepares legislative proposals on behalf of tenants, and testifies frequently before the City Council on matters of vital interest to tenants. Of critical importance is TENAC's HOTLINE (202-628-3688), which answers landlord/tenant questions, and TENAC's role in helping tenants to form tenant associations throughout the city. TENAC believes that tenants in unorganized rental buildings are open for abuse by landlords, rental agents, and owners. We will not rest until we see a tenants' association in every rental building in the city.

BlingBling,

Among your many questions that you sent me I found your choosing to express, "1. You stated an initial email that is not posted here on the boards, so I cannot refer to that."

I referred to an initial email BlingBling. I did not state an initial email. Matter of fact I don't have the slightest idea how anyone can be known to have, "stated an initial email." Please at your convenience review the attached email and see this email from Tenac as having listed the Benning Rd. Library as being of their concern. Golly gee willikers guy. The Benning Rd. Library has been closed for several years so I wanted Tenac to enlighten me on just what was it doing on their list of concerns.

Forwarded Message:

Subj: [tenac] REMINDER: Public Property Action Summit! Sat March 10th! Reeves Center - EmpowerDC

Date: 3/10/2007 9:08:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: tenacdc@yahoo.com

--- Parisa Norouzi <parisa@empowerdc.org> wrote:

Subject: REMINDER: Public Property Action Summit!

Sat March 10th

PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY - THIS IMPACTS ALL RESIDENTS!

School Buildings, Libraries, Park Lands and More.....

Public Property for Public Use!

NOT Private Profit!

Community Action Summit on Public Property

Saturday, March 10th 1-4 PM

Reeves Center, 14th & U Sts, NW 2nd floor

(Bring id to enter building, U St Metro)

Arrive on time - Space is limited

For Information Contact Empower DC

(202) 234-9119, parisa@empowerdc.org

Hear from community residents mobilizing to save

threatened public properties including:

Alexander Crummell School (Ivy City)

Franklin School Shelter for the Homeless

Poplar Point (Anacostia Park)

Benning Library & other community Libraries

The coming threat of school closings and the Mayoral

take over.

Look at the BIG PICTURE of Public Property being

LOST in DC

MANY schools turned CONDOS for the RICH

While Community Needs Go Unmet!

*This event includes a special presentation of a

play about public property!

Come together to demand:

PUBLIC PROPERTY FOR PUBLIC USE

NOT PRIVATE PROFIT!

Recreation, Community Centers, Affordable Housing,

Job Training - NOT Condos for the Rich!

COME TOGETHER TO RECLAIM OUR RIGHTS TO PUBLIC

PROPERTY - & TAKE COLLECTIVE ACTION!!

For more information please contact Empower DC

(202) 234-9119

Parisa B. Norouzi

parisa@empowerdc.org

Co-Director/Organizer

District of Columbia Grassroots Empowerment Project

(Empower DC)

1419 V St, NW

Washington, DC 20009

202) 234-9119

Never miss an email again!

Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/