Washington DC Message Boards

BLIND MEN LEADING THE BLIND

Psycho

BLIND MEN LEADING THE BLIND

Blind.JPG

I work in the health care field as an administrator and in this capacity; I have to deal with people who are sick physically, psychologically and even spiritually. I see and experience things that most people do not and will not in their life-time.

In other words, I see people from all walks of life and in those moments of life where they are most vulnerable from complications in the birth process to observing the mortician in the embalming process.

It is all that I experience that makes me sensitive to the needs of people and it has made me politically active and grown more conservative as I have aged. I have become most critical of those I see and sense are cheapening the short existence in life most of us have.

Sadly, I easily see the phoniness of most of our local political leaders who are out to enrich themselves while only throwing you and I the crumbs, their lies, their selling us out to their big financial backers in a New York minute but sit around bickering needlessly while your mother and father do without a basic that will impact on their overall well-being.

Mayor Fenty in my opinion is a big phony as he does not care about your children and their education, and while he will throw them some of the crumbs off the table, the people he really cares about are his buddies over at Federal City Council, developers in Westchester County, New York eyeing land in DC and enriching himself.

Council members Cantania and Cheh are equally self-serving ignoramuses when they proposed mandatory immunization of all teenage girls from developing cervical cancer, as they should have known that the inoculation offered has not been tested enough, we do not know for sure what the side affects or long-term consequences will be and there is not enough evidence to show if it will work or what percentage of women will still develop cervical cancer anyway. Catania and Cheh acted to get some political kudos from female voters but do not care about your daughters because if they did, they would have thought this matter out more thoroughly rather than seek kudos on an emotional issue on something suggested in its infancy stage.

Yet, when people criticize our illustrious leaders for their greed, lies and insensitivities, I often see those doing such as doing it more because we have stepped on their scared cow and not because what has been said is wrong.

The people in DC when they elected Mayor Fenty and our current council were for no better choice of words played Political Russian Roulette in that, after getting off a pretty successful Williams Administration, we decide to go with a bunch of inexperienced, untested and questionable ideologues who only offered us one line clips but did not say how. We did this knowing we are always on shaky grounds with the US Congress who would not hesitate to install another control board.

It would be most laughable nationwide if the most educated city in American falls on its face again and the US Congress would have to step in, and I believe that Mayor Fenty will bring us close to it because we may have a lot of people with book smarts but no common sense and our voting habits support this.

I am sure that on that day Mayor Fenty and our council members pass on, the lantern of Diogenes of Sinope will not be shinning over their corpses.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.