Washington DC Message Boards

TRAPPED IN HELL

Psycho

Puerto_Rico.JPG

If you live in DC, you live in a man made HELL .

The house I bought in Puerto Rico 1992, sits on 3 acres of land, along the ocean, three bedrooms, etc., and I only paid $47,000 for it while the same size house and land space in DC would cost $688,000.00.

DC is over priced, not worth what you pay to live in DC, it is a one horse town and lacks any real culture.

You too can leave HELL and reach HEAVEN by buying a home in the Caribbean Islands that are a part of the USA which has everything you have in DC and more, and you can get it all for 1/10th the cost.

Why let your hard earned income feed greed and crooked politicians?

Set yourself free.

What I meant BlinBling is we have no industry, we do not have the same kind of theatre like NYC, LA or SA have and a lot is void in DC.

Even DC does not have those great stores to shop in and people have to travel 30 miles in all direction out of DC.

I feel sorry for you Slick. DC has alot of culture, but not the type you like. You should move to Puerto Rico and leave the fight to people that care.

I agree that we need more upscale stores in DC. But, we have Dupont Circle, Union Station, Mazza Gallery, China Town, and Georgetown that have pretty decent retail stores. We have several Independent movie theaters, two Imax theaters, a handful of commercial theaters, and of course Uptown.

As for the performing arts we have the Atlas Performing Arts Center, Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, DC Improv, National Theatre, Arena Stage, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, Warner Theatre, Shakespeare Theatre, Studio Theatre, Ford's Theatre, Cramton Auditorium, Theater J, Lincoln Theatre, The Capitol Steps, The Kennedy Center and a others I do not know about. The difference between DC and other cities is that we do not have a defined Arts District. New York has Broadway. But, DC's theatre's are quite spread out.

As for industries. DC has government, tourism, hi tech, security, lobby and commerce. Thank Christ O'Mighty we are not a city filled with Smokestacks. Have you ever driven through Newark? It stinks.

Bling Bling,

My wife manages one of those malls you speak of and she thinks NYC, Philly and even Baltimore have better to offer shoppers.

I came out of NYC and my wife Pittsburgh. How much nastier can you get?

I am tired of a one horse town of paper shufflers and drunken lawyers.

DC can do better if our local government wasn't so anti-business.

I agree that we need more upscale stores in DC. But, we have Dupont Circle, Union Station, Mazza Gallery, China Town, and Georgetown that have pretty decent retail stores. We have several Independent movie theaters, two Imax theaters, a handful of commercial theaters, and of course Uptown.

As for the performing arts we have the Atlas Performing Arts Center, Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, DC Improv, National Theatre, Arena Stage, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, Warner Theatre, Shakespeare Theatre, Studio Theatre, Ford's Theatre, Cramton Auditorium, Theater J, Lincoln Theatre, The Capitol Steps, The Kennedy Center and a others I do not know about. The difference between DC and other cities is that we do not have a defined Arts District. New York has Broadway. But, DC's theatre's are quite spread out.

As for industries. DC has government, tourism, hi tech, security, lobby and commerce. Thank Christ O'Mighty we are not a city filled with Smokestacks. Have you ever driven through Newark? It stinks.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.