Washington DC Message Boards

AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY

Psycho

AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY

3670383298.jpg

In order for Mayor Fenty to take over the DC Public Schools, he will have to convince the US Congress to amend the DC Home Rule Act as I have been saying hundreds of times on different message boards.

The US Congress had a very definite reason in mind when they decided not to let our Mayor or City Council have such control of our schools; namely, not to allow our schools to become politicized and its leaders shaking in their boots not knowing what the political winds will be from month to month.

This coming Thursday January 18, 2007, the DC City Council will begin the process of holding hearings on Mayor Fenty’s plan to take control of our schools. I have to ask, what will the cost of all of this be to the tax payers?

If we are determined to allow our mayor to seize control of our schools, wouldn’t our efforts and money be better spent on convincing the US Congress to change our home rule act to allow it rather than have these costly steps in between?

Our school issue is my number one pet peeve in that, I have to ask where did all the money we paid in taxes go that was designated via the budgets for keeping our schools over the years up to par; Why do our businesses and individual have to pay a second time to bring our schools up to par; and Why has there not be council hearings held to bring those who misappropriated to justice!

The voters of DC have been sitting back on their sofas like zombies while never speaking up about the corruption of our school board and the administration of the DC Public Schools until now after 25 years of such.

When I came to DC in 1979 our schools were already falling apart.

Maybe it is time for the Feds to step in and seize back control of DC as the corruption all round seems to get worse not better.

Schools are falling apart all over the USA.

Is there a common denominator we are all over-looking?

AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY

3670383298.jpg

In order for Mayor Fenty to take over the DC Public Schools, he will have to convince the US Congress to amend the DC Home Rule Act as I have been saying hundreds of times on different message boards.

The US Congress had a very definite reason in mind when they decided not to let our Mayor or City Council have such control of our schools; namely, not to allow our schools to become politicized and its leaders shaking in their boots not knowing what the political winds will be from month to month.

This coming Thursday January 18, 2007, the DC City Council will begin the process of holding hearings on Mayor Fenty’s plan to take control of our schools. I have to ask, what will the cost of all of this be to the tax payers?

If we are determined to allow our mayor to seize control of our schools, wouldn’t our efforts and money be better spent on convincing the US Congress to change our home rule act to allow it rather than have these costly steps in between?

Our school issue is my number one pet peeve in that, I have to ask where did all the money we paid in taxes go that was designated via the budgets for keeping our schools over the years up to par; Why do our businesses and individual have to pay a second time to bring our schools up to par; and Why has there not be council hearings held to bring those who misappropriated to justice!

The voters of DC have been sitting back on their sofas like zombies while never speaking up about the corruption of our school board and the administration of the DC Public Schools until now after 25 years of such.

When I came to DC in 1979 our schools were already falling apart.

Maybe it is time for the Feds to step in and seize back control of DC as the corruption all round seems to get worse not better.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.