Washington DC Message Boards

DC for Gore 08

NelsonJacobsen

Al Gore has no chance of getting the Presidency let alone the Democratic nomination.

His career in politics is over.

Just letting everyone know about the DC for Gore 08 effort now underway. There will be a meetup Jan. 4th at 7 pm. For details please visit DCforGore08

The Female Deputy Leader of the Green Party of Ontario, Victoria Serda, has been invited to join Al Gore in Nashville in January to be trained as a Climate Change Messenger.

http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=10038

Gore, who lost his 2000 White House bid to President Bush, recently stepped back into the spotlight, crisscrossing the country to promote his book and movie and fueling speculation of another run in 2008. Gore has said he has not completely ruled it out.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...215?hub=SciTech

• 2 months later...

The Female Deputy Leader of the Green Party of Ontario, Victoria Serda, has been invited to join Al Gore in Nashville in January to be trained as a Climate Change Messenger.

Well Luke you are seeing part of the charm of this movement since there are several parrell efforts AlGore.com/Algore.com/DraftGore.com/ and his old staff this either working for him or waiting to do so again.

Al Gore would be more effective Luke if he would move to another planet.

I think Al Gore would be more effective joining the Green Party. He seems to share the same platform.

Luke, you ask why?

I like Al Gore in general terms but I think most Americans see him as being too extreme.

Luke, Al Gore loves you and me so much that he is going to throw a cup of water at us next time we light up!

Why don't like him on this planet? He seems to really care about it.

Edited by Slick Willie

I am not happy that I smoke. It is a nasty habit that I am struggling to break away from it. When I met Al Gore he really seemed like a genuinely nice individual. I am sure he could smell the tobacco on my breath. But, he still took time to answer my questions.

In fact, when a hard core activist came up to Al Gore and preached how he was spiking trees to save the planet Al Gore shook the young man's hand and said, "Young man your heart is good, but its in the wrong place." The former vice president discussed the hard life of a logger trying to feed his family. He told him to focus on getting the message out through peaceful means.

In your opinion, is there truth that man is a factor in global warming?

Al Gore is a long shot.

I think it will be between Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards this time round.

Its the environment for 08 and our ability to habituate on earth.

It sure looks that way. I think Edwards is going to benifit from Obama and Clinton mudslinging each other. He can stay on the sideline and just look pretty.

But, if Al Gore wins the Oscar for best documentary who knows.

Even the late great President Reagan never earned Academy Award recognition.

Al Gore has has been nominated by two members of the Norwegian parliament and could win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. Al Gore is looking like he just wants to be an activist.

My fellow Americans, people all over the world, we need to solve the climate crisis. It is not a political issue. It is a moral issue. We have everything we need to get started with the possible exception of the will to act. That is a renewable resource. Let's renew it.

Though the "Inconvient Truth' was directed by Guggenheim, Gore was the undisputed star.

The interesting note was actor Leonardo DiCaprio probing Gore whether he had a major, major announcement to the world.

Leonardo DiCaprio : Is there something you might want to announce?

Al Gore : I'm just here for the movies, Leo.

Leonardo DiCaprio : I'm proud to be standing next to such an inspirational leader. You are a true champion for the cause. Now, are you positive that all this hard work hasn't inspired you to make some kind of major announcement to the world?"

Vice President Gore responded.

Al Gore : Since being up here, you've been very convincing. Even though I honestly had not planned on doing this, I guess with a billion people watching, it's as good as time as any. So, my fellow Americans, I'm going to take this opportunity right here and now to formally my intention..."

Suddenly the Oscars orchestra struck up its keynote tune, signalling that Gore and DiCaprio had overstayed their time and the former Vice-President had to leave the stage - and leave the mystery of Gore's intentions for the 2008 race still unanswered.

Edited by BlingBling

I think Al Gore is sexy. He was one of the few brave political souls who dared challenge George W. Bush over his plans to invade Iraq and unlimited power to imprison American men and women.

"Instead of keeping after al-Qaeda and stabilizing Afghanistan, Bush had chosen to start a new war against Iraq as the first example of his policy of preemption," Gore said.

“He is telling us that our most urgent task right now is to shift our focus and concentrate on immediately launching a new war against Saddam Hussein,” Gore said. “And the President is proclaiming a new uniquely American right to preemptively attack whomsoever he may deem represents a potential future threat.”

Gore also objected to the timing of the vote on war with Iraq.

“President Bush is demanding, in this high political season, that Congress speedily affirm that he has the necessary authority to proceed immediately against Iraq and, for that matter, under the language of his resolution, against any other nation in the region regardless of subsequent developments or emerging circumstances,” Gore said.

I am no green person, but his movie made me think.

The interesting note was actor Leonardo DiCaprio probing Gore whether he had a major, major announcement to the world.

Vice President Gore responded.

Suddenly the Oscars orchestra struck up its keynote tune, signalling that Gore and DiCaprio had overstayed their time and the former Vice-President had to leave the stage - and leave the mystery of Gore's intentions for the 2008 race still unanswered.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Al Gore are friends. I remember seeing the two of them together at the Earth Day Festival in 2000. I still have some pictures of them here:

http://www.dcpages.com/Events/Earth_Day/2000/

Sunday night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

Gore was at the Lloyd Noble Center Thursday afternoon and stated that he was not interested in running for President.

I myself think it's most unlikely I'll ever be a candidate again. I kind of fell out of love with the political process ... I have never ruled out 100 percent being a candidate again but I really don't think it will ever happen.

My question for Nelson is why are you setting up 'Al Gore for President' web sites if the man is not interested?

Gore was at the Lloyd Noble Center Thursday afternoon and stated that he was not interested in running for President.

My question for Nelson is why are you setting up 'Al Gore for President' web sites if the man is not interested?

I was approached by the Algore.org or AGO and asked to help out since some time ago I had signned up on the site.

I keep to meeting the weird & wonderful that politic's brings out and I have learned quite a bit about my Carbon Offset Karma.

Hope that answers your question. For me It's the Environment. I also like completion seeing how I did already elected him President once and until he finish that term we are at out of balance.

As for will Al run we believe if we build it, the draft troops, we will run

Give Em Gore

Nelson

• 1 month later...

Did anyone watch Larry King last night? Former President Clinton stated, "You've got the prospect that Vice President Gore might run."

Larry King did not follow up on Clinton's statement, but I think it might be a foreshadow of a Al Gore - Hillary Clinton presidential ticket.

I think the country is ready for a woman to be Vice President. I know the world really likes Al Gore.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0704/19/lkl.01.html

Did anyone watch Larry King last night? Former President Clinton stated, "You've got the prospect that Vice President Gore might run."

Larry King did not follow up on Clinton's statement, but I think it might be a foreshadow of a Al Gore - Hillary Clinton presidential ticket.

I think the country is ready for a woman to be Vice President. I know the world really likes Al Gore.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0704/19/lkl.01.html

He is going to run and win.

Just take a look at the grass roots....... we have the most meetups

Popular Topics in USA Presidential

Draft Al Gore

104 Meetup Groups

Barack Obama

69 Meetup Groups

John Kerry

46 Meetup Groups

John Edwards / One America

42 Meetup Groups

Dennis Kucinich

29 Meetup Groups

Hillary Rodham Clinton

27 Meetup Groups

Wesley Clark

8 Meetup Groups

Draft Mark Warner

6 Meetup Groups

George W. Bush

5 Meetup Groups

Ralph Nader

3 Meetup Groups

Draft Russ Feingold

3 Meetup Groups

John Cox for President

1 Meetup Groups

Edited by NelsonJacobsen

Nelson,

Looks like your words are ringing truth. Did you read Tim Shipman's article in the Sunday Telegraph?

Friends of Al Gore have secretly started assembling a campaign team in preparation for the former American vice-president to make a fresh bid for the White House.

Al Gore is third favourite for the Democratic nomination

Two members of Mr Gore's staff from his unsuccessful attempt in 2000 say they have been approached to see if they would be available to work with him again.

Mr Gore, President Bill Clinton's deputy, has said he wants to concentrate on publicising the need to combat climate change, a case made in his film, An Inconvenient Truth, which won him an Oscar this year.

But, aware that he may step into the wide open race for the White House, former strategists are sounding out a shadow team that could run his campaign at short notice. In approaching former campaign staff, including political strategists and communications officials, they are making clear they are not acting on formal instructions from Mr Gore, 59, but have not been asked to stop.

His denials of interest in the presidency have been couched in terms of "no plans" or "no intention" - politically ambiguous language that does not rule out a run.

One of his former campaign team said: "I was asked whether I would be available towards the end of the year if I am needed. They know he has not ruled out running and if he decides to jump in, he will have to move very fast.

"He hasn't asked them to do this, but nor has he told them not to."

In an interview on Thursday, which touched on the prospects for next year's presidential election, Mr Clinton commented: "You've got the prospect that Vice-President Gore might run."

The most recent opinion polls show Mr Gore as third favourite to take the Democratic nomination, on about 17 per cent support, only a whisker behind Barack Obama, 45, who is aiming to become the first black US president, and ahead of John Edwards, 53, the senator whose wife was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Vice-President Gore's allies believe that Hillary Clinton, 59, the frontrunner, is unable to win the presidency. The most recent poll shows a growing number of voters think negatively of her, in contrast to Mr Gore, who enjoys far greater popularity than when he lost the 2000 presidential race despite polling more votes nationally than the eventual winner, George W Bush.

The second aide approached by Vice-President Gore's allies said: "There is no love lost between Gore and Hillary. They don't think she can win and they're probably right. If Gore runs, he's got a really good chance of getting the nomination. And he has a good chance of pulling off the election, too."

Gore-watchers believe that a new book he is publishing next month on the state of US politics will keep his name in the public eye. Many of his supporters helped to run the unsuccessful presidential campaign of John Kerry in 2004. But since Sen Kerry abandoned his presidential aspirations this year, many of his leading advisers have yet to align themselves with any of the other candidates.

They were expected to join the campaign of Sen Edwards, who was Sen Kerry's running mate last time.

The former aide, who has himself signed up with Sen Edwards, said: "The question is: where have all the Kerry people gone? The answer for most of them is nowhere. Now ask yourself why."

Among the senior officials not yet committed is Michael Whouley, who was national field director for the successful Clinton-Gore 1992 presidential campaign, national campaign manager for Mr Gore when he stood for re-election as vice-president in 1996, and then a senior adviser to Mr Gore in 2000.

Considered one of the most talented Democratic "ground war" experts, he masterminded John Kerry's political resurrection in the New Hampshire presidential primary three years ago, putting him on course for the nomination. Last year, he oversaw the Democratic victory in the mid-term elections.

Two months ago, a former Gore aide, Elaine Kamarck, convened a group of former aides in Boston to consider the possibilities of a Gore campaign.

James Carville, President Clinton's former strategy chief, suggested last week that Mr Gore, who has piled on the pounds, could shed weight over the summer to make himself more media-friendly for a White House run.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he lost 15lb or so," said Mr Carville. "And I think if people thought he could get us out of the mess we're in with Iraq, they wouldn't care how fat he is."

A poll of leading Democratic and Republican strategists found that one in four thought Mr Gore would emerge a strong contender. "He already has emerged - he just has to announce," a Democrat told the magazine Opinion Journal.

A Republican said: "Gore could be the toughest Democrat to beat."

At least eight websites are campaigning to "Draft Gore" into the election. More than 70,000 people have signed an online petition, and more than 120 groups of Gore supporters meet each month around the country to promote the case for a Gore presidency. One website offers the chance to download a song called Run Al, Run!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../22/wgore22.xml

I think someone should contact Michael Whouley at the Dewey Square Group (DSG) to confirm the story.

Washington, DC

1001 G Street NW

Suite 400E

Washington DC

202 638 5616 T

202 638 5612 F

dc@deweysquare.com

Nelson,

Looks like your words are ringing truth. Did you read Tim Shipman's article in the Sunday Telegraph?

I think someone should contact Michael Whouley at the Dewey Square Group (DSG) to confirm the story.

Washington, DC

1001 G Street NW

Suite 400E

Washington DC

202 638 5616 T

202 638 5612 F

dc@deweysquare.com

I saw that, but you don't have to look to the past to see Gore's future he has the most grass support of anyone running for office. Also do not underestimate the US publics sense of needing to right the 2000 wrong -no matter who caused it.....

• 1 month later...

There was only 1 wrong done for 2000, and that was that your side "Democrats" tried stealing the elections by using legal technicalities.

As for the 2008 elections; That WILL be decided by the people.

Of course Nelson, you will vote democrat, and I republican, and I agree with you on 1 point;

That the Public WILL come to the conclusion on who will be best for the Country "Whether it be a Republican President, or a Democrat President".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw that, but you don't have to look to the past to see Gore's future he has the most grass support of anyone running for office. Also do not underestimate the US publics sense of needing to right the 2000 wrong -no matter who caused it.....

I listened to Al Gore promoting his book "The Assault on Reason" on NPR last week. He stated he will definitely NOT run for president.

On a lighter note you might enjoy this article Human

Washington - G.O.P. officials announced yesterday a new addition to their Party official list: Former Vice President Al Gore. This news comes as Democratic and Republican hopefuls for President are starting to come into focus in the media.

"It's about time," President George W. Bush declared, upon hearing the news. Rumors abound that Gore was offered a particularly large amount of money to make the switch, which the former Senator has denied.

"Upon the request of the United States citizenry and the President, I have declared my affiliation as Republican to serve as their prime consultant on global warming, foreign policy and domestic agenda," said Gore in a statement.

Tipper Gore, Mr. Gore's wife, added, "He don't need the money. He's got Google, he's got Apple, he don't need no more of this Democratic liberal ideology hounding him. He's a businessman, plain and simple."

A collective shudder was felt throughout the waves of the Democratic Party, particularly with Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachussets, who declared, "I should have done this years ago! That son b*tch stole my idea!"

Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama, both leading Democratic hopefuls, were seen upon hearing the news to be "jumping joyfully with glee" and "French kissing each other as if there were no tomorrow," described one insider.

No word yet from former President Bill Clinton, but rumor has it that he really doesn't care.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i19680

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.