Washington DC Message Boards

AND THE WINNER IS-----NOT YOU BUDDY BOY

Psycho

In the District of Columbia, there are 428,000 adults who are eligible to register to vote but only 289,410 (32.8%) are.

On September 12, 2006, of those 289,410 people who could have voted, only 103,406 (35.7%) did.

The total number of adults in the District of Columbia who could have voted, only 1 of every 4.15 did. In other words, 75% of the people in DC never seem to want to vote!

Thus, the winners of each race were not winners, there was no public mandate but the people showed once again how disgusted they are with DC politics, the poor choice of candidates and how they see DC Government as a joke and just a bunch of pawns on that Congressional chessboard!

In sum, there were no real winners just losers because we only had losers to chose from.

And Jonathan R. Rees was on the ballot, last time I checked.

B. Frank

In the District of Columbia, there are 428,000 adults who are eligible to register to vote but only 289,410 (32.8%) are.

On September 12, 2006, of those 289,410 people who could have voted, only 103,406 (35.7%) did.

The total number of adults in the District of Columbia who could have voted, only 1 of every 4.15 did. In other words, 75% of the people in DC never seem to want to vote!

Thus, the winners of each race were not winners, there was no public mandate but the people showed once again how disgusted they are with DC politics, the poor choice of candidates and how they see DC Government as a joke and just a bunch of pawns on that Congressional chessboard!

In sum, there were no real winners just losers because we only had losers to chose from.

I sure was and gave my votes to Gordon and Strauss in vain.

And Jonathan R. Rees was on the ballot, last time I checked.

B. Frank

Gordon and Strauss would be appalled to be associated with you or even take your 29 votes, even if 28 were by accident.

But it is true, the negative campaigning, and Rees, you only had negative campaigning, only serves to turn people off and not vote.

I sure was and gave my votes to Gordon and Strauss in vain.

• 3 weeks later...

Every candidate claims that they were the victim of negative campaigning and Gordon, Rice, Strauss and Wiss claim it came from Cheh supporters against them and they know the people behind it!

Gordon and Strauss would be appalled to be associated with you or even take your 29 votes, even if 28 were by accident.

But it is true, the negative campaigning, and Rees, you only had negative campaigning, only serves to turn people off and not vote.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.