Washington DC Message Boards

Candidates (one, anyway) Say The Darndest Things

Here's a handy guide to R--s's rhetorical arsenal. It's super-fun to guess which of the following responses he'll use when caught contradicting himself or when presented with any information or argument that further discredits him:

A. "I don't have to provide proof! YOU do the work!"

B. "You are Sam Brooks! You are Sam Brooks! You are Sam Brooks! and thus you are a liar."

Variant: "You're Capozzi!" or "Your DCist Martin!" "You're (insert name of any local

yahoogroup or blog moderator here) "

C. "I am someone-other-than-Rees, but I know him, and I can tell you that what he says is true. (followed by "I heard/saw/read...." or "Someone else said/saw/read...") "

D. Ad hominem remarks such as "You are all stupid." See also "You must be unemployed" "You're a communist!" "You are jealous" and "You are a f-g".

E. Long, rambling rant that has nothing to do with the issue at hand in an attempt to divert attention away from the post that's embarassed him. Most posts fall into this category.

F. "That's not true! It's not true! It's not!" (particularly when confronted with something uncontrovertible, such as IP address information.)

G: "You fabricated that!" (used when shown an incriminating screenshot of one of his own posts/webpages.)

H. Here's a fun one: Revising his original statement.

Example: "When I said they were printed in the Dominican Republic, but later said it was Puerto Rico, what I MEANT was they were printed by a Puerto Rican company that owns a facility in the DR."

See also "I know I wrote that I was the owner of Au Pied Cochon and am supporting Rees. And I realize now that Au Pied Cochon doesn't exist anymore. But, um, see, I also own another restaurant which has a different name and is located somewhere else...but technically I WAS the owner of Au Pied Cochon."

I. "That's not important!!!'" (Often employed when confronted with contradictions such as "You said on website A that you had TWO kids. Now you say that you have three.")

J. A lame, sometimes offensive, joke. Quite often, this will take the form of merely repeating a previous poster's -actual- joke, but changing the name "Rees" to "Brooks." This tactic is meant to make him seem like A Fun Harmless Guy, in addition to serving as another distraction from the substance of the previous post.

K. "I'm being attacked!" This is used whenever he attacks someone else, usually his imagined political 'rival' or posts something that's patently false, and then gets criticized for it.

I think that pretty much covers it. Note that none of the above tactics involve actually responding to the substance of the post they respond to. Hang on to this handy guide and see which one he'll use next. It's the party game that sweeping Ward 3!

I have heard a lot of different lingos but never that !! = = MPD/mediafile.

Only if you don\'t understand the lingo.

*wink* to the rest of you.

(Don\'t worry your oddly-shaped head over it. You\'ll find out very soon.)

Sleep tight.

Here's a handy guide to R--s's rhetorical arsenal. It's super-fun to guess which of the following responses he'll use when caught contradicting himself or when presented with any information or argument that further discredits him:

A. "I don't have to provide proof! YOU do the work!"

B. "You are Sam Brooks! You are Sam Brooks! You are Sam Brooks! and thus you are a liar."

Variant: "You're Capozzi!" or "Your DCist Martin!" "You're (insert name of any local

yahoogroup or blog moderator here) "

C. "I am someone-other-than-Rees, but I know him, and I can tell you that what he says is true. (followed by "I heard/saw/read...." or "Someone else said/saw/read...") "

D. Ad hominem remarks such as "You are all stupid." See also "You must be unemployed" "You're a communist!" "You are jealous" and "You are a f-g".

E. Long, rambling rant that has nothing to do with the issue at hand in an attempt to divert attention away from the post that's embarassed him. Most posts fall into this category.

F. "That's not true! It's not true! It's not!" (particularly when confronted with something uncontrovertible, such as IP address information.)

G: "You fabricated that!" (used when shown an incriminating screenshot of one of his own posts/webpages.)

H. Here's a fun one: Revising his original statement.

Example: "When I said they were printed in the Dominican Republic, but later said it was Puerto Rico, what I MEANT was they were printed by a Puerto Rican company that owns a facility in the DR."

See also "I know I wrote that I was the owner of Au Pied Cochon and am supporting Rees. And I realize now that Au Pied Cochon doesn't exist anymore. But, um, see, I also own another restaurant which has a different name and is located somewhere else...but technically I WAS the owner of Au Pied Cochon."

I. "That's not important!!!'" (Often employed when confronted with contradictions such as "You said on website A that you had TWO kids. Now you say that you have three.")

J. A lame, sometimes offensive, joke. Quite often, this will take the form of merely repeating a previous poster's -actual- joke, but changing the name "Rees" to "Brooks." This tactic is meant to make him seem like A Fun Harmless Guy, in addition to serving as another distraction from the substance of the previous post.

K. "I'm being attacked!" This is used whenever he attacks someone else, usually his imagined political 'rival' or posts something that's patently false, and then gets criticized for it.

I think that pretty much covers it. Note that none of the above tactics involve actually responding to the substance of the post they respond to. Hang on to this handy guide and see which one he'll use next. It's the party game that sweeping Ward 3!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.