Washington DC Message Boards

U.S.A. WORLD CUP

Ed Palmedo

I'm not sure what to think of the U.S. performance at the World Cup. I guess it’s good that we made it out of group play but losing to Ghana (again) kind of stings because all the announcers thought the United States would win. Is the U.S. team ever going to play at the level of Germany, Brazil, or other top-tier teams?

The U.S. gave up yet another early goal and some of that has to lie on the coach. Bradley's team consistently came out flat and gave up early goals. You cannot be successful in the World Cup giving away goals.

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure what to think of the U.S. performance at the World Cup. I guess it’s good that we made it out of group play but losing to Ghana (again) kind of stings because all the announcers thought the United States would win. Is the U.S. team ever going to play at the level of Germany, Brazil, or other top-tier teams?

The U.S. gave up yet another early goal and some of that has to lie on the coach. Bradley's team consistently came out flat and gave up early goals. You cannot be successful in the World Cup giving away goals.

No hopefully they get someone new because they badly need it...