Washington DC Message Boards

Comcast Error Message - ref S0a00 this channel should be available shortly

Guest IamInu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Television was on and then it blinked off. Getting the same message as everyone else in this post. ONE MOMENT PLEASE, This channel should be available shortly. Ref code: S0a00. Well, here it is over an hour later and the tv is still showing the same stupid message on the screen. So, after noticing a flashing light outside my window, I see two men up on the telephone pole at almost 2:00 a.m. in frigid weather. I hope they get this thing fixed by tomorrow. After coming home from a long, hard days work, if my cable is not on, I will be demanding a COMCAST rebate for lost service. (ha, ha, ha, let's see how they will most likely put up a fight over compensating for loss of cable service over an extended period of service. Good customer service, my *** NOT!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Casey Miller

I too had this S0a00 issue on several HD channels as well as a few NON-HD ones and it was driving me crazy. I called Comcast support and they tried resending refresh signals and after several attempts of a refresh, nothing worked. They set up an appointment, but it's 2 weeks out. I took things into my own hands and after reading through all the suggestions on this thread and doing every one of them, nothing worked to fix my problem. I then checked all the coax cables, especially where splitters were at, and my culprit was a loose connection at a splitter. I am back in business! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marco Polo

I have 2 signal strength boosters on my cable line and just noted that the power was out on one of them giving me this error. The fuse had blown. I reset it and the error message went away and picture came back.

Just wanted to add some information that may be helpful. I have been receiving this error message for the last 3 weekends in a row. The first 2 weekends I was able to get the signal working again after simply unplugging my Comcast HD box for a minute or so. However, last night I received the error again and the unplug/replug to reset the box did not resolve the issue this time. I called Comcast and received automated message that there were outages in my area, so I went to bed. This was strange because my Comcast box (non HD) was working, so how could there be an outage in my area. After 45 minutes of frustration on the phone with a technician, I discovered that the coax cable was broken that was connected to a splitter (split to cable modem) and into my box. I unplugged this earlier and it seemed to be ok, but apparently it was lose and the end piece came off completely. Once I replaced the coax cable with a spare one I had in the house the signal came back immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!!! got my problem fixed!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

seems it just means "not getting a signal".

I spent entire day dealing with this.

I wanted to know if there was an outtage in my neighborhood.

Comcast online trouble shoot page just linked me back to page one.

Comcast online chat told me she had tested and my cable box was bad, so I drove to nearest city (an hour round trip) to get a new one. No change.

Three calls later I gave up on trouble shoot phone line, when they suggested there might be an outtage! (6 hours after I had tried to find out if that was the problem).

At that point my kid came in and said he had found that the cable was broken, apparently hit by a logging truck, one part on one side of road, other part on other.

Ha.Amazingly, the Comcast truck was dispatched and here out in no man's land and fixed an hour or so later.

Just saying, it could be anything. The code is pretty useless and deceivingly technical.

• 1 month later...
Guest Karen

What you do is this you have to cycle your turn ons. Basically it's very simple you hit tv button then hit power. Then you hit cable then hit power then I hit all on and the stupid page comes up where you have grid and some random things get up and turn your tv off then on by pressing off and on "On the TV Button"

James, Thank you! That worked and my cable tv is working again. Great information!

• 2 months later...
Guest Hobs

Same error message but my cable modem works fine (was able to post this message through Comcast). Can the signal work for Internet and yet not be strong enough for the cable box? My splitter is before the cable box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest simple solution

Contacted comcast about the ongoing s0a00 code issue told me it was the box and needed replacement

I knew that was not the case (happens randomly) finally decided to check cables. Realized there was a slightly loose cable. Tightened it and bingo all channels resumed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If you have the S0A00 error message it means your cable box has not yet been activated or has somehow lost its activation. If the error does not go away within approximately one hour, determine if the error message is on all your TVs, or just one, and then contact a representative that can assist you. I had this comcast ref code S0a00 myself.