Washington DC Message Boards

Antwaan Randle El Redskins Reciever

HailtotheChief

Antwaan Randle El (born August 17, 1979 in Riverdale, Illinois) is the newest wide receiver and punt returner for the Washington Redskins. A quarterback in college, he is also occasionally called on to pass on trick plays, most notably in Super Bowl XL in which he threw a pass for a touchdown.

He is considered to be the most statistically productive dual-threat quarterback to ever play college football. He was drafted in the second round of the NFL Draft in 2002 by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

On March 12, 2006, he signed a seven-year, $31 million deal to play for the Washington Redskins.

Said Gibbs: "We have a player here who can do a lot of things. He can run, he can throw and he can run back punts and kickoffs. He's kind of an unusual person. We spent some time showing him offensively what we think he'll be doing for us. We're all excited about that."

"The Redskins know what it takes to win," said Randle El, explaining why he chose Washington over other suitors, such as Pittsburgh and Chicago. "They know about putting the right coaches and players together in the right situations.

The addition of Randle El gives Washington a dangerous receiving corps. I cannot wait for next season

Antwaan_Randle_El.jpg

Edited by HailtotheChief

Guest i cant believe he said

Icant believe he just said Washington knows how to win. Well so does your former team you traitor. You just won the SB for goodness sake. Jumping ship cause the BUS is leaving. The Skins are smart though even though they are dropping alot of cash to win games. Reminds me of the Yankees kind of, just spend the money to get hte lineup. But he is an awesome player and hte Skins will benefit from him.

Guest Steel Town Boy

I would love to see if Dan "Steinbrenner" Snyder can even catch a ball. I bet he throws a football

like a girl. I say good riddance to Randle El. We don't need a bum who only cares about the money

and hype.