Washington DC Message Boards

Professor Mary Cheh for Ward 3 City Council!!!

rmurph

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

Ramon, let's stop this nonsense.

If you fear that some has no chance of winning, then you do not waste your time saying anything about her or him.

You only speak up when you fear someone and that is as logical as anyone can be.

Just as much as others might find what you stand for revolting, you are entitled to find what you want in others.

My agenda is to defeat Kathy Patterson and Phil Mendelson. All else is secondary and I think we will be saying goodbye to Patterson and Mendelson.

Guest Guest

Whose truth?

Only a sociopath, who considers the term "truth" to be subjective, would post something

so idiotic.

no votes for liars

Anyonebutrees2006

Guest Ramon Rivera

Geez your posting will be heeded by its five readers.

Only a sociopath, who considers the term "truth" to be subjective, would post something

so idiotic.

no votes for liars

Anyonebutrees2006

Guest Cheh No Way

Cheh has no chance of winning.

Rice, Gaull or Strauss have more support in the ward.

I'll have to agree that Mary Cheh is a wonderful lady and would make an outstanding councilmember.

Back in 1991 at GWU, the gay alumni group, a faculty/staff group, and two student groups were working to get "sexual orientation" added to the university's non-discrimination policy. Frankly, we had hit a wall and could not get past President Trachtenberg who opposed the change.

Professor Cheh, a member of the Faculty Senate, took up our cause and successfully took it through the Senate, and on to the Board of Trustees who had the ultimate authority to get the policy passed. She did a fair amount of lobbying on the issue, and got it passed. Trachtenberg then took credit for it.

More recently, she served as counsel to Kathy Patterson in investigating the abuse of IMF protesters and passers by who were rounded up and illegally arrested for failing to obey a police order that was never given.

Ward 3 has a remarkable wealth of worthy candidates this year, Rees excepted of course. Cheh should be given serious consideration.

I didn't say Cheh was going to win. I said that she is a terrific person who has done a number of things in support of human rights and political freedoms. She would make a very good councilmember.

In addition to Rice, Gaull, and Strauss who also have very good credentials and would make good councilmembers, Goulet, Brooks, Gordon, and Wiss are also impressive. I think that all eight of these candidates would be good for the city and represent us well.

I don't live in Ward 3, but I have met all of these candidates. Some I have known for several years. I have provided some advice, information, and contributions for a few of the candidates. Obviously I think some would be better than others, but I'd be happy to see any of the eight win.

I have not met Conroy who is running as a Republican, so I won't say anything about her other than that she has a great disadvantage as a non-Democrat in this race.

I haven't seen polling data in this race, and I don't have a sense of who is ahead. Is there polling data? I've only seen the polls for city wide races.

I have been less impressed with the Ward 5 candidates. This is largely my lack of familiarity with them, but none have really stood out as first rate. To be fair, I live in Ward 1, and I am not being targetted by thier campaigns.

Who do people like in Ward 5?

-Bob

Cheh has no chance of winning.

Rice, Gaull or Strauss have more support in the ward.

I thought you said I was a super fag.

One of my friends said that I was the most super fags she knows. :rolleyes:

I am a hateful fag.

Perhaps the reason we spend our time writing about Jonathan Rees is because we are tired of seeing our family members repeatedly harassed by him, and we want to alert others to his behavior, now that he is seeking public office.

In my case, Mr. Rees's has harassed a member of my family for over ten years. He has telephoned my family member's parents and past employers pretending to be doing credit and police background checks, he has sued my family member repeatedly in many courts including Puerto Rico (all of the suits were dismissed, and Mr. Rees was barred from filing suits in DC courts without prior permission of the court); he has placed false "adult" personals ads on Craigslist with my family member's name and picture and forwarded the responses to my family member's work email address; he has created malicious websites assailing my family member, he has sent my family member hateful emails, and he has impersonated my family member to make pro-Rees posts on a local message board.

It appears that Mr. Rees viewed the vacant Ward 3 seat as an opportunity to slide unnoticed into a $90K part-time job, and did not foresee that responsible candidates would also run.

The one good thing to come of his candidacy is that many others are now aware of his conduct.

I'm glad that I can now keep track of his activities in one place, jonathanrees.blogspot.com.

I am sorry that this thread, like so many others on so many boards, was hijacked from its original topic.

If you fear that some has no chance of winning, then you do not waste your time saying anything about her or him.

Now this assorted tale is coming to a head.

My question being is this; Why did you guys or gals pick on the dc police department Latino Unit, and try to destroy their careers?

Was that just another game to you people????????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the reason we spend our time writing about Jonathan Rees is because we are tired of seeing our family members repeatedly harassed by him, and we want to alert others to his behavior, now that he is seeking public office.

In my case, Mr. Rees's has harassed a member of my family for over ten years. He has telephoned my family member's parents and past employers pretending to be doing credit and police background checks, he has sued my family member repeatedly in many courts including Puerto Rico (all of the suits were dismissed, and Mr. Rees was barred from filing suits in DC courts without prior permission of the court); he has placed false "adult" personals ads on Craigslist with my family member's name and picture and forwarded the responses to my family member's work email address; he has created malicious websites assailing my family member, he has sent my family member hateful emails, and he has impersonated my family member to make pro-Rees posts on a local message board.

It appears that Mr. Rees viewed the vacant Ward 3 seat as an opportunity to slide unnoticed into a $90K part-time job, and did not foresee that responsible candidates would also run.

The one good thing to come of his candidacy is that many others are now aware of his conduct.

I'm glad that I can now keep track of his activities in one place, jonathanrees.blogspot.com.

I am sorry that this thread, like so many others on so many boards, was hijacked from its original topic.

That is a question for Mr. Rees, since he is the one who impersonated both Officer Magana here and both he and Officer Espinal on DCist.

I highly doubt any of the posters here, including me, even knew there was a Lation Liason Unit.

B. Frank

Now this assorted tale is coming to a head.

My question being is this; Why did you guys or gals pick on the dc police department Latino Unit, and try to destroy their careers?

Was that just another game to you people????????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been polls taken in the ward 3 race by small groups but not by any meaningful organization.

These polls have had varying results and none match each other.

I didn't say Cheh was going to win. I said that she is a terrific person who has done a number of things in support of human rights and political freedoms. She would make a very good councilmember.

In addition to Rice, Gaull, and Strauss who also have very good credentials and would make good councilmembers, Goulet, Brooks, Gordon, and Wiss are also impressive. I think that all eight of these candidates would be good for the city and represent us well.

I don't live in Ward 3, but I have met all of these candidates. Some I have known for several years. I have provided some advice, information, and contributions for a few of the candidates. Obviously I think some would be better than others, but I'd be happy to see any of the eight win.

I have not met Conroy who is running as a Republican, so I won't say anything about her other than that she has a great disadvantage as a non-Democrat in this race.

I haven't seen polling data in this race, and I don't have a sense of who is ahead. Is there polling data? I've only seen the polls for city wide races.

I have been less impressed with the Ward 5 candidates. This is largely my lack of familiarity with them, but none have really stood out as first rate. To be fair, I live in Ward 1, and I am not being targetted by thier campaigns.

Who do people like in Ward 5?

-Bob

I thought you said I was a super fag.

One of my friends said that I was the most super fags she knows. :rolleyes:

Please state specifically how Rees harassed your family member for ten years.

Please state specifically the name and number of the case you claim Rees filed against your family member in Puerto Rico as Rees is only recorded as having had one case on record.

It is easy to accuse people of things but another to prove its truthfulness.

I believe this blog about Bob Summersgill is full of the truth about him http://bob-summersgill.blogspot.com/ and that he is a pedophile. Is that true or just more allegations lodged here on DC Pages that cannot be proven?

Please state

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.