2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#21 melissa

melissa
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

hello i am in desperate need of help here.
I also got the card in the mail and stupidly enough i called the number to activate it in hopes of speaking with an operator to get more information before deciding wheteher i would use it. I found this site and now it seems this is a big scam. Will i be charged because i called teh number and entered the numbers? I already ripped it up as well as the papers but will i automatically be charged just for calling the number? or onlu if i were to try and use it? if someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully they wont be able to screw me just for calling the number.

white house christmas ornament

#22 Momoftwo

Momoftwo
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

I received a card from CCS cataloge shopping with a 6500.00 credit limit also and I called and went through the steps up to putting in the account num,ber because I did not want it to acctivate. I hung up before entering the account number because I did not want to acctivate it.I guess it is just a scam and I can not cancell this card that I never even asked for. I am just worried that some how it will go on my credit report that there is an open account with First National. If any one reads this please respond and tell me what you think. I will be shredding this crap asap.

#23 Guest

• Guests

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:11 AM

I recieved it just today. no catalog with it. I decided to check it out before activating as well. And as someone already mentioned, this place here seems to be onlyone that has any information about it.

#24 Replying to First National Card

Replying to First National Card
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

I received the card yesterday. As soon as I opened the envelope I noticed that it was not a regular credit card that I applied for. So I read the portion PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE, which I will follow by calling the number listed (1-888-5-OPTOUT). Also if anyone activated it before realizing it's a scam; make sure you find a way to cancel it. Because it's stated that an annual fee ($198.00 first year and $99.00 each year thereafter) will apply 2 months after activation.

Thanks

#25 melissa

melissa
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:01 PM

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

#26 az gal

az gal
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

:angry: i got the letter in the mail today with the card. i am soooooo glad that i came to this site to check it out. i am cutting it up as i type this letter. thank you for letting me know what this SCAM is all about. i appreciate it! as for the person who went through with it, you should be able to cancel it if you work quickly. thanks again guys!!

#27 checolin

checolin
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:33 PM

:angry: i got the letter in the mail today with the card. i am soooooo glad that i came to this site to check it out. i am cutting it up as i type this letter. thank you for letting me know what this SCAM is all about. i appreciate it! as for the person who went through with it, you should be able to cancel it if you work quickly. thanks again guys!!

:angry: I'm 20 years old and recived this card too , imagine !!!
my surprise , please somebody can tell me where I can close or cancel this scamp card !!!

I looking for this " company " inclusive by the Bussines Bureau and nothing appears there ... thanks

#28 ALWCovina

ALWCovina
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

:angry: I got this solicitation also, they is no way to cancel this card. The website www.optout.com gives you a popup stating the site is up for sale for $250,000. The phone number provided requested to much personal information to for a cancellation of the card. I think it is one of the biggest scams going.

#29 Katrina McMahan

Katrina McMahan
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

[COLOR=purple][FONT=Geneva] Have any of you guys ever used the card? Or had it activated?

#30 Guest

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:32 PM

:angry: I recieved this card in the mail today with a 6500.00 limit. Of course with my credit history I knew that couldn't be right, I can't even get a visa with a 100.00 limit! I researched in on the internet and found a couple of sites all about people getting ripped off. A word to the wise is that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is! Don't activate this card you will be charged! Never give out checking account info over the phone! If you can't call the number and get a straight answer then don't deal with them, and as always call the better business bureau, it is always a good resource for information as to whether or not a company is legitimate!

#31 Guest

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

For those of you who activated this card, please check into an attorney they may have advice, as far as I know of anything over 500.00 is a felony maybe there is a loophole that we can get these guys with. The money that they plane to take from your account can add up quickly! If nothing else get a new account because they have your permission to access your current one! It is a hassle but it might be worth the money that you will be saving yourself! Talk to your bank and explain maybe they will work with you!

#32 Lyzette

Lyzette
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

I received the same offer for $6500 and decided to check out the web. After reading many of your responses, I did what James, who posted a note on Oct 6th did and went to the website that he listed for the Postal Service. I put in all the info I knew. Hopefully, we can have them pulled.

#33 irene

irene
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

my husband got this card in the mail today, i read all the materials that came with it and then decided to check them out, and i am glad i did, what a scam! i do not know how they got my husband's name. beware! do not even call the #on the card, do not even send the car back, even if unsigned since they can possibly still use the electronic signature on it, just shred everything!!!!

#34 Other sources for you to look at

Other sources for you to look at
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

http://www.ripoffrep...ripoff39076.htm

A long and detailed report about this company.

#35 Jennifer

Jennifer
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:50 AM

:angry: if you recive this card DO NOT activate it it is a SCAM!!! get a hold of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service

#36 Brad

Brad
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:27 PM

im 14 and i just got this card in the mail. i tried to call thier activation line but i couldnt get a real person. this definatly looks like a scam.

#37 Laura

Laura
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

[COLOR=purple] :angry: My 14 year-old daughter received this card in the mail yesterday and I immediately began trying to call & tell them to take her offo of their mailing. I am going to contact my local law enforcement and U.S. Postal Investigator to file a complaint against this company. I am very angry that they are sending a minor this stuff and plan to do what ever I can do to help stop this SCAM!!

#38 Karen

Karen
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:01 AM

http://www.ripoffrep...ripoff39076.htm

A long and detailed report about this company.

Great link! Thanks so much... Just like everyone else, I got this card in the mail yesterday. Have received quite a few of them in the past, and just cut them up. While I had no intention of validating it this time either, my curiosity did get the better of me... and so I've gone online to dig a little deeper.

Appreciate the insight from everyone, and feel really bad for those that did, in fact, activate the card. But as one of you said.... it should be fairly easy to get it stopped with the help of your bank. You may also want to be proactive and notify the credit reporting agencies about what happened. That way they can flag your account, and give you some advice as to how to prevent any potentially negative future info from CCA from messing up your credit file.

#39 Jessica

Jessica
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:21 AM

:angry: :angry: I Have recived this card yesterday also and seriously considered applying for it christmas is comming up and i could really use the extra credit this year for gifts. Thank God i decided to look in on it. Who can i go to or call to complain and maby help put a stop to this. I still have all the info and card which i will destroy as soon as i get off line. I think they have called me too im not sure i didn't pay much attention but they started asking for my banking information and i hung up. Plus it was on my cell phone, how the heck did they get my phone number. If anyone has any info on who to contact to stop them please write back.

#40 Jessica

Jessica
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:23 AM

For those of you who activated this card, please check into an attorney they may have advice, as far as I know of anything over 500.00 is a felony maybe there is a loophole that we can get these guys with. The money that they plane to take from your account can add up quickly! If nothing else get a new account because they have your permission to access your current one! It is a hassle but it might be worth the money that you will be saving yourself! Talk to your bank and explain maybe they will work with you!

I took the info I had to the postal fraud inv. All you need to do is send it to them and fill out a detailed report. To do this you must go to your local post office and talk with them they will put you in contact with the right people. They tell you not to send the card with the report just the paperwork as well as the envelove they sent it in. Shreed the card the second you get it.

The more complants about them they get the faster they will start proccesing the reports and the faster we can stop them.

So everyone weather or not they activated the card needs to take 20 minuits out of their day and go to the post office with the stuff they sent you eventally we can stop them and the people who lost money can get it back and get their credit fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament