Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

My Husband just recieved this letter and card in the mail and the more we read about it the more untrue it seemed. i went on line to look this card up and I found this web-site i'm glad I did.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest malinda

I'm so happy that everyone has been putting this on line. My husband received this card yesterday. I was kind of excited at first ( like most men they make the women read the small print) and as I was reading through it, it just didn’t make since to me. Tried calling the number......NO HELP so I thought I’d look on line to see if there was any info and with everything I have read about this "company" I make the discussion to throw away the papers and destroy the card. Thanks everyone.

Guest Victoria Martin

Need Help!! I called and put in my card num,ber and activation number, but hung up before I put in my checking account information. Will they still charge my account even though I did NOT put in my checking account information??? I made a mistake and called to activate it before I researched it. Do I need to worry about closing my checking account and opening a new one even though I did NOT give out my checking account information??

I also recieved the credit approved letter in the mail stating to call the number, I was kinda skeptical because i never heard of the company so i went on the internet to do more reasearch and luckily i found this . I just wanna say that posting this kind of nfo up is very good and i just wanna think everyone for their feed back for if i didnt read it i would have made a big mistake.

Guest Blue Collar

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

Not only is this a scam, but if you don't spend $800.00 immediately after activation, you will be charged $398.00 just for membercard activation fee ($200.00) and membercard annual fee ($198.00). Cut it up and watch your mail closely. Make sure you are not charged in the future as well. Sometimes they activate you without your knowledge and you start getting bills in the mail. I have seen kids as young as two get this kind of mail. Be aware!

Guest Blue Collar

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

:angry:Not only is this a scam, but if you don't spend $800.00 immediately after activation, you will be charged $398.00 just for membercard activation fee ($200.00) and membercard annual fee ($198.00). Cut it up and watch your mail closely. Make sure you are not charged in the future as well. Sometimes they activate you without your knowledge and you start getting bills in the mail. I have seen kids as young as two get this kind of mail. Be aware! :angry:

Guest Ron_*

Thank-you so very much,my husband recieved this card in the mail & was very excited about it,but thankfully he decided to wait for me to check it out before activating it.

After researching on the internet for half an hour, you are the only place that even mentions this card!

So,after telling him what I have read here he has cut up the card & the letter and it is now in the trash!

Thankfully we will not be charged for anything as we didn't activate it.

Again, Rip-off Report, thank-you soooo very much!

Guest Elena

:angry: This is the 2nd time that my husband and I received this card :angry:

The first time we were very new here in this country, so we were very happy to have inmediately a credit card, with c credit line of 6,500 $$ :lol::lol:

We were so happy, but when we called them to activate, we didn´t have SS in that time, we were waiting for it, so we couldn´t activated in that time, thanks GOd!!! :D:D

But now, we received again, so, before activate, I google it and I found this site, Thanks God!! and thanks to everyone had replyied here!! :D:D

I cut it and put it in the trash!!! :P:P

Guest Guest

Just a note...several members have mentioned calling the Better Business Bureau to get this company "shut down". The BBB doesn't shut anyone down. They are not a government entity. They are a group that lets businesses "join" by paying a fee. They do NOT check businesses out before letting them in. Your state's attorney general is the person to contact. They BBB MIGHT kick them out of their "club", but that's the extent of it. OK...BTW, I think Dell is a source for our addresses...I've gotten three of these cards/letters since I bought my computer.

Guest csclark

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

Close that bank account and open another one. Let the bank know what has happened, tell them you feel this account has been fraudulently acccesed and they will issue you a new bank account number. These scam artists will not be able to access a close account. It may be an inconvenience for you to change all of your banking information, but it is worth it. These people will not stop stealing money from the account number you've already given them until the account is closed due to fraudulent activity.

Guest darlene henderson

[i to received this card in the mail and thought it was a good deal. I do not want tis service. If a company charges you to use there product they are not a good company

Guest babykz

So I recieved this card and activated it right away because we just had to move back to our home state because I had pre cervical cancer and my husband had to take too much time off work to watch our kids so we moved tobe near family and that took almost all of our money. and now my husband got laid off of his new job so we are now in the hole about 2 grand and cant aford anything. I thought this cash on demand would help but all i have seen about it is bad I wish I had looked it up first can anyone help me? :(

Guest Jen_*

Today I just got the First National Card in the mail.......I was thinking about activating it......I mean who wouldn't love a card with a $6,500 credit limit. But I came online to do some research since it says you could only use it through their catalog. Then I found a few message boards saying it was a scam. I'm so glad that I didn't activate it.......its going straight to the shredder!

Guest Sky Callahan

First off, what blithering idiot would send me, Sky Callahan, a freakin’ credit card—especially one of the unsecured variety promising a credit line of $6,500? I’m the worst credit risk on the continent. (I’m not ashamed to admit this about myself as I’ve gone through sheer hell to get such bad credit and am rather proud I survived even if my rating didn’t.) Upon opening the envelope, I immediately realized the whole thing must be a scam. Tempted as I was to activate the thing, wishing I was able to buy my cat some primo toys or treat my girlfriend to a fancy dinner atop the Space Needle in her new evening gown, I’m glad I instead went online and found this site. Thanks for troubling yourselves to post your thoughts, experiences and warnings, everyone. You’ve undoubtedly saved me a great deal of trouble.

Guest Sheykie

I JUST RECEIVED THE FIRST NATIONAL CARD CCA. I WAS REALLY EXCITED WHEN I SAW THE CREDIT LIMIT OF $6500.00. I WAS DIALING THE PHONE WHEN I HAD A FEELING I SHOULD DO SOME INVESTIGATING ON THE GOOD OLD INTERNET BOY I AM GLAD I HUNG UP THE PHONE. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS A CREDIT CARD ISSUED BY A BANK

I thought the same thing about investigating it. This is a true scam. You can not even find them in the yellow pages nor does the BBB have them listed. And what is up with not sending a catalog so I can see the 'over 5000 products' I can buy. These people are making a killing through fraud and need to be stopped.

Guest such a scam

JUST RECIEVED THIS CARD. DID YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE CALLED ME TOO. ANY THING THATS ASKS FOR A BANK ACCOUNT CHECK INTO IT OR AT THAT HAS A P.O.BOX FOR ITS ADRESS. SOMEBODY WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED NEEDS TO HAVE A SAD STORY OF HOW THEY EPTIED YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND TAKE IT TO THE NEWS. NATIONAL T.V SO THAT PERSON CAN PREVENT EVERYBODY FROM GETTING SCREWED. FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE OVERWHEMLED PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY ACTUALLY HAD THAT MUCH OF A CREDIT LIMIT. I KNEW I COULDNT HAVE THAT MUCH BECAUSE MY CREDIT SUX. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING PLZ LOOK INTO SCAMS BE-4 YOU BELIEVE THEM

I got this card and it was sent to me unwanted and i cut it up after finding this site. what a scam I will hope no one else finds a card in their mail and activates it. **to perform an anatomical sexual impossibility**ers....... at frist i read and it said i requested it but nope.... i am the second one who got this card after goin to the bank of america site. :angry::angry: