Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

Guest Guest

I received this letter and the card today and I actually called because it just seemed like such a scam but at the same time they send me a real card so i wanted to know how the hell they could send me a card with that much credit without me even applying for it and i started asking them question and they didnt know anything!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

I recived this Card and all its information... i just thought it to be funy that they did not sent a catalog along with the card, i read the letter three times and i could not find a website... IM SORRY but it is 2006 and just about every body not even a company has a website..... The whole letter and card business is BS!!

Guest ehugirl

I thank you all for the advice. I recently took over my mom's finances and noticed all of these $8.80 & $9.00 charges potentially coming from this company directly from her checking acct. monthly. Needless to say, I'm upset with her but even more upset with this company!! How are they allowed to do this stuff legally?? There is a way to stop them, we'll get 'em!

I'm having my mother get her lawyer on it ASAP and MAKE her bank stop payment on these fraudulent debits. If they do not, we'll change banks. It's more than what it's worth, but it'll save her in the long run.

i canceled this before i even used the card and they provided a cancelation number as well to stop debits, but to my surprise they keep withdrawing from my account. I have had my bank do several investigations for these fraudulant debits, but they keep coming back telling me I authorized them. Even with the cancelation numbers they still try to continue.

If anyone has a solution to get them to stop please let me know.

Guest Guest

Today I received the same thing in the mail. My husband and I were going to do it, because were in debt and I just got laid off, but I wanted to know who they exactly were. I started getting suspicious when there wasn't a single e-mail address or web site, because usually or most often now you can find a website on anything these days. So I told my husband to put in the CCA in Google and it brought up three sites saying it was a fraud. So after finding that out, I called to see if I could get ahold of anyone. I finally reached a lady who didn't listen to any of my questions and proceeded to read to me about the card. Which she read it about three times to me acting like I wouldn't notice. I think she was trying to play me for stupid. So then she asked me for my birthday and my home phone number, which I replied with incorrect dates and numbers. She told me it was approved and everything I gave her was verified. That was when I knew this was major scandal. So she then continued to ask me for my bank info. I told her there shouldn't be any reason to ask for my check numbers, she continued to repeat the same thing over and over. I explained that there was no reason to give her my bank information. So she said my card was activated and that I could go use it anywhere and then hung up on me. So my husband thought that we should go try to use it and we went to seven atms to withdrawl, and none of them accepted it. Then we went to the grocery store and they didn't accept it either. I f you look at the card, the part that is scanned is fake when you compare it to one of your real cards. Thankfully I had a feeling to check it out on the internet, which was just so weird to have that urge to check up on it. I usually never do something like that. Thanks to the internet, we are saved from being even more in debt. Some one should really take some action on this and find them.

Guest Caterina Vecco

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for me. Federal law does prohibit the mailing of unsolicited credit cards.

why did these company send me these card I was so confuse? Enough evidence that they are thieves trying to defraud victims.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

If you received a letter with card PLEASE DON’T CALL for activation because the fee ($200) is automatic.

it´s a FRAUD :ph34r:

Guest Caterina V.

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for me. Federal law does prohibit the mailing of unsolicited credit cards.

why did these company send me these card I was so confuse? Enough evidence that they are thieves trying to defraud victims.

If you received a letter with card PLEASE DON’T CALL for activation because the fee ($200) is automatic.

Guest Caterina V.

Guest unregistered

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

I got the same thing in the mail and looked it up in the better business bearu and read their report..They have had several complaints against them ...They have several phone numbers and are not apart of the BBB they are a scam do not get this card its a waste of time

Guest Guest

Hello everybody I just received that same letter with the same amount of credit limit on it. I decided to look up the company on the internet before i activated the card. Thats how I came across this info. Sure glad I did. Thanks to all of you all for posting this.

Guest Mercedes

I myself received one of these cards but i have been in iraq for the last year and just recently returned home and this card was waiting for me at my mothers home how the got my name and my mothers address only tells me that DOD information has been sold to mailing companies to do this. any one with a sugestion to stop this from happening to other soldiers that are returning please let me know

Hey i just got one of these for my fiance and hes overseas right now and um hes been overthere for like a year and im trying to figure out why the hell they sending this. cause i talked to him and his mother and his mom got one to and were like this is a freaking scam so what were doing is taking civil action or someshit cause this aint right.

Guest lahyde

:angry:

did you recently buy a dell? I have the address that they used only for the school my daughter went to, dell and union bank.

two months ago i bought a dell computer and within two weeks i received the card from cca with a credit limit of $6500.00 i didn't know what to do with it but now i do thank you for helping others

Guest Benjamin

I also recieved this card. Does anyone know if they already have your bank account information??? Or do you have to enter your bank account information??? Only way to sneak a vulture is play dead, and use them for what they try to use you. If you have to enter a account number. find a old bank account where your account has been closed for years. when they try to charge that accunt, they're screwed. Also you may make off with all their stuff. haha! let me know

Guest Guest

:lol: i got one two had to check on that thank all of you leting us know about it

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

CCA

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

Guest kelly

CCA

89114-6101

800-277-7056

Guest kelly

it is a scam,

stay away from this company

phone type deal

send realy looking creid card

make Promises they never intend to keep

What ever you do don’t give them card or bank information

They tried to charge my account t $199.99 after stating they would send and information packet for $29.95 for two week review, could cancel any time in the two weeks, never recived anything but a charge of $199.99

Had to put stop payment

Lucky I looked at my account that day

My bank had me close the account and open a new one because the bank said they would change the amount or use a differ company name and run the charge through again several days later

Live and learn

If I had looked them up first would have known it was a scam

How they got your name

Anything you son fills out online is more than likely for sell

Be ware

Guest kelly

it is a scam,

stay away from this company

phone type deal

send realy looking creid card

make Promises they never intend to keep

What ever you do don’t give them card or bank information

They tried to charge my account t $199.99 after stating they would send and information packet for $29.95 for two week review, could cancel any time in the two weeks, never recived anything but a charge of $199.99

Had to put stop payment

Lucky I looked at my account that day

My bank had me close the account and open a new one because the bank said they would change the amount or use a differ company name and run the charge through again several days later

Live and learn

If I had looked them up first would have known it was a scam

How they got your name

Anything you son fills out online is more than likely for sell

Be ware

Guest Guest

it is a scam,

phone deal

realy looking credit card

make Promises they never keep

give them no card or bank information

They will charge your account t $199.99 for nothing

do a stop payment

you may have to close the account and open a new one because the bank said they would change the amount or use a differ company name and run the charge through again several days later

trash anything from this company

Guest charles

don't be taken in be this #$%@&*() company

they are out to take your money

SCAM

pull up am Cca Credit Service Division or First National Card

then you will know what they are

they steal and lie

how the people that work there can go home and sleep at night I will never know

they must have a hard time looking at them selves every morning when they brush there teeth

maybe they dont brush

Guest madilien

CCA Credit Service Division IS A SCAM

RUN RUN RUN tothe nearest trash can cut up hte letter and fake card

they will hit you account if you give them any information

let your kids know

Guest Jennifer_*

I am so grateful. Lately I've been doing a lot of trying to repiar my credit kind of stuff. A few weeks ago I got this call from what I thought was one of the legitimit businesses I was inquiring too. Anyway somehow they got me to give my checking account info (Yes I know bad choice) The "activation" fee was going to be deducted the following day. My womanly intuition kicked in and immediately got on the internet and researched them and of course everything SCREAMED SCAM...DON"T DO IT!!! Anyway I immediately called my bank and paid the $25 to put a stop payment on it, thankfully it worked my $200 activation fee stayed in my checking account as the car payment it was inteded for.

My point is I just received this card in the mail today that you all are referrring too. Of course I got excited because I also got another credit card...a real one. Granted it's a secured credit card but I figure this is the best way to repair my credit, slowly build it back up. I was reading over the paperwork. Nowhere on the paper does it actually give a company name....strange, don't you think? It just screamed out to me DAMN SCAMMERS!

Thanks to all you unperfect credit people like me who are just trying to recover financially and it's people like this that push us over the edge. Especially if your desperate, and believe me I have been there. You can't seem to help yourself. You keep telling yourself, if only I had a little help. Please stay strong and DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT fall for bullcrap scams like this. Utilize your gut, if you thinks it's too good of a deal, then guess what it probally is and your being taken for a ride.

Guest Guest

I am so grateful. Lately I've been doing a lot of trying to repiar my credit kind of stuff. A few weeks ago I got this call from what I thought was one of the legitimit businesses I was inquiring too. Anyway somehow they got me to give my checking account info (Yes I know bad choice) The "activation" fee was going to be deducted the following day. My womanly intuition kicked in and immediately got on the internet and researched them and of course everything SCREAMED SCAM...DON"T DO IT!!! Anyway I immediately called my bank and paid the $25 to put a stop payment on it, thankfully it worked my $200 activation fee stayed in my checking account as the car payment it was inteded for.

My point is I just received this card in the mail today that you all are referrring too. Of course I got excited because I also got another credit card...a real one. Granted it's a secured credit card but I figure this is the best way to repair my credit, slowly build it back up. I was reading over the paperwork. Nowhere on the paper does it actually give a company name....strange, don't you think? It just screamed out to me DAMN SCAMMERS!

Thanks to all you unperfect credit people like me who are just trying to recover financially and it's people like this that push us over the edge. Especially if your desperate, and believe me I have been there. You can't seem to help yourself. You keep telling yourself, if only I had a little help. Please stay strong and DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT fall for bullcrap scams like this. Utilize your gut, if you thinks it's too good of a deal, then guess what it probally is and your being taken for a ride.

I have been ripped for almost a year but I just woke up and I am trying to make a stop on it. Here is my story a year and half ago my x-wife opened this CCA credit card and they took certain amount of money for starting. Last march we were not using the bank and did not have enough money so when they took 99.00 dollars twice it overdrafted and I paid around 400.00 by the time i see the account. I called them and told them to close the account but the lady with an attitude hung up on me. Due to my busy schedule, I forgot to call them back. Last month they again took 99.00 dollars twice from the same bank which I don't use. It again overdraft and I got charged 398.00. This month again they took 99.00 and overdraft onother 100.00. I just wake up this time and started searching on the net and found all this info about the none existing CCA company. Thanks for the net -I found a lot of info about how to get my money bank. I called my bank and told me that I have to go the local bank and get revers ACH with in 60 days. I am going early tommorw and fill the affidavit and report them to FBI and police. I know I have been lazy not following it up but now. I am going to be on it. Please learn from my mistake I am really poor on money managing but this too much. Eventhough I am educated I am the kind of person who don't want to deal with money but know I think I have to change my self.

Please tear the card and flash I you see or here the word CCA Credit Service Divison.

Guest Chris C.

I received one of these offers in the mail yesterday. I had no intention of responding to it: I was more annoyed about the fact that they sent such a low-security offer through them mail, AND that they were apparently bypassing the "opt out pre screen" list that I have put myself on. Well, from reading this and other research:

* It's not that low security at all. Since it appears you have to give your bank account details during the sign-up process. Of course, that's another reason to be VERY careful who you give your account details to.

* It's not a real credit card, so it is VERY unlikely that they're pulling the information from the prescreening lists. CCA just put the "To stop receiving prescreened credit offers from us or other creditors, call 1-888-567-8688..." thing on the letter to further make it look like a legitimate credit card offer.

Now, the interesting thing is... I think I know where their got my name from, since they've mis-spelled it on the form, and I know of only ONE place that entered it in like that. So... I'm trying to find out how it leaked from THAT place into CCA's hands. So, I have a question:

For those that have, unfortunately, signed onto their program... do they have ANY incentive program to get you to refer others? Ie, a "We'll give you $20 for every name you give us" kind of thing? Like those stupid, but at least functioning, free ipod offers. If they do, then that's motive for someone in THAT place to have passed on any name and address they got hold of.

Thanks in advance for any responses!