Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

:angry: i got the letter in the mail today with the card. i am soooooo glad that i came to this site to check it out. i am cutting it up as i type this letter. thank you for letting me know what this SCAM is all about. i appreciate it! as for the person who went through with it, you should be able to cancel it if you work quickly. thanks again guys!!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest checolin
:angry: i got the letter in the mail today with the card. i am soooooo glad that i came to this site to check it out. i am cutting it up as i type this letter. thank you for letting me know what this SCAM is all about. i appreciate it! as for the person who went through with it, you should be able to cancel it if you work quickly. thanks again guys!!

:angry: I'm 20 years old and recived this card too , imagine !!!

my surprise , please somebody can tell me where I can close or cancel this scamp card !!!

I looking for this " company " inclusive by the Bussines Bureau and nothing appears there ... thanks

Guest ALWCovina
:angry: I got this solicitation also, they is no way to cancel this card. The website www.optout.com gives you a popup stating the site is up for sale for $250,000. The phone number provided requested to much personal information to for a cancellation of the card. I think it is one of the biggest scams going.

:angry: I recieved this card in the mail today with a 6500.00 limit. Of course with my credit history I knew that couldn't be right, I can't even get a visa with a 100.00 limit! I researched in on the internet and found a couple of sites all about people getting ripped off. A word to the wise is that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is! Don't activate this card you will be charged! Never give out checking account info over the phone! If you can't call the number and get a straight answer then don't deal with them, and as always call the better business bureau, it is always a good resource for information as to whether or not a company is legitimate!

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

For those of you who activated this card, please check into an attorney they may have advice, as far as I know of anything over 500.00 is a felony maybe there is a loophole that we can get these guys with. The money that they plane to take from your account can add up quickly! If nothing else get a new account because they have your permission to access your current one! It is a hassle but it might be worth the money that you will be saving yourself! Talk to your bank and explain maybe they will work with you!

Guest Lyzette

I received the same offer for $6500 and decided to check out the web. After reading many of your responses, I did what James, who posted a note on Oct 6th did and went to the website that he listed for the Postal Service. I put in all the info I knew. Hopefully, we can have them pulled.

my husband got this card in the mail today, i read all the materials that came with it and then decided to check them out, and i am glad i did, what a scam! i do not know how they got my husband's name. beware! do not even call the #on the card, do not even send the car back, even if unsigned since they can possibly still use the electronic signature on it, just shred everything!!!!

:angry: My 14 year-old daughter received this card in the mail yesterday and I immediately began trying to call & tell them to take her offo of their mailing. I am going to contact my local law enforcement and U.S. Postal Investigator to file a complaint against this company. I am very angry that they are sending a minor this stuff and plan to do what ever I can do to help stop this SCAM!!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff39076.htm

A long and detailed report about this company.

Great link! Thanks so much... Just like everyone else, I got this card in the mail yesterday. Have received quite a few of them in the past, and just cut them up. While I had no intention of validating it this time either, my curiosity did get the better of me... and so I've gone online to dig a little deeper.

Appreciate the insight from everyone, and feel really bad for those that did, in fact, activate the card. But as one of you said.... it should be fairly easy to get it stopped with the help of your bank. You may also want to be proactive and notify the credit reporting agencies about what happened. That way they can flag your account, and give you some advice as to how to prevent any potentially negative future info from CCA from messing up your credit file.

Guest Jessica
:angry::angry: I Have recived this card yesterday also and seriously considered applying for it christmas is comming up and i could really use the extra credit this year for gifts. Thank God i decided to look in on it. Who can i go to or call to complain and maby help put a stop to this. I still have all the info and card which i will destroy as soon as i get off line. I think they have called me too im not sure i didn't pay much attention but they started asking for my banking information and i hung up. Plus it was on my cell phone, how the heck did they get my phone number. If anyone has any info on who to contact to stop them please write back.

Guest Jessica
Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

For those of you who activated this card, please check into an attorney they may have advice, as far as I know of anything over 500.00 is a felony maybe there is a loophole that we can get these guys with. The money that they plane to take from your account can add up quickly! If nothing else get a new account because they have your permission to access your current one! It is a hassle but it might be worth the money that you will be saving yourself! Talk to your bank and explain maybe they will work with you!

I took the info I had to the postal fraud inv. All you need to do is send it to them and fill out a detailed report. To do this you must go to your local post office and talk with them they will put you in contact with the right people. They tell you not to send the card with the report just the paperwork as well as the envelove they sent it in. Shreed the card the second you get it.

The more complants about them they get the faster they will start proccesing the reports and the faster we can stop them.

So everyone weather or not they activated the card needs to take 20 minuits out of their day and go to the post office with the stuff they sent you eventally we can stop them and the people who lost money can get it back and get their credit fixed.

I thank you all for the advice. I recently took over my mom's finances and noticed all of these $8.80 & $9.00 charges potentially coming from this company directly from her checking acct. monthly. Needless to say, I'm upset with her but even more upset with this company!! How are they allowed to do this stuff legally?? There is a way to stop them, we'll get 'em!

I'm having my mother get her lawyer on it ASAP and MAKE her bank stop payment on these fraudulent debits. If they do not, we'll change banks. It's more than what it's worth, but it'll save her in the long run.

Guest LANDON D

I JUST GOT ONE OF THESE CARDS IN THE MAIL FOR$6500 FOR MY GIRLFREIND AND LOOKED AROUND COULDNT FIND ANY INFO ABOUT THIS CARD. IM BURNING IT RIGHT NOW, BUT WOULD RATHER BE BURNING THEM FOR SENDING ME THIS S!@#T. <_<

:D well i got this too, i was so exited when i recieved the card i thought it was true but, good thing that when i was talking to the operator at the end for the checking acct. number, i lost the paper where i had it ritten down and i didnt memorize it, thanks to that i dint activate it, now im just gonna have to keep working my way up to that amount of money, thanx all of you.

Guest Pyrowidow

I recd one of those too & let me tell you it's strictly from surfing the Internet. I’m thankful that I am lucky enough not to need additional credit, however, for a few minutes I thought I recd this card because I’ve been doing a lot of on-line shopping & it was one of those secure cards so I seriously thought about activating it. Thank god I read the section about them “collecting” my SSN & annual income. Wait a minute, shouldn’t they already have this info if they’ve offered me this card with such a high limit due to my credit history?

I love the internet but one has to be so careful where we choose to surf. I have excellent credit but have been bombarded with offers to repair my credit because I was naive enough to follow a link offering to give you your "free" credit score. (I already knew it but wondered it they'd come up with the same one.) It doesn’t matter that you quit half way thru because you know it’s bogus; they already have enough info to fill your mailbox on a regular basis. I didn't help the situation by following that several months later to get my free yearly report from the 3 different reporting agencies. Having said all that, I strongly believe this card offer sprang from www annualcreditreport com site. It is the ONLY place I have ever put in information that is completely correct; including my phone number.

Just adding my .02 - thanks for listening!

Guest MilitaryCa

I myself received one of these cards but i have been in iraq for the last year and just recently returned home and this card was waiting for me at my mothers home how the got my name and my mothers address only tells me that DOD information has been sold to mailing companies to do this. any one with a sugestion to stop this from happening to other soldiers that are returning please let me know

hello i am in desperate need of help here.

I also got the card in the mail and stupidly enough i called the number to activate it in hopes of speaking with an operator to get more information before deciding wheteher i would use it. I found this site and now it seems this is a big scam. Will i be charged because i called teh number and entered the numbers? I already ripped it up as well as the papers but will i automatically be charged just for calling the number? or onlu if i were to try and use it? if someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully they wont be able to screw me just for calling the number.

Melissa, how smart of you.

[/color

THANKS GOD , I HATE TO CALL , AND I HATE TO ARRANGE THIS KIND OF THINGS !! NOW.... Im just watcing around, and Im so happy, becouse I find this side :D all of you teaching me about the credit card Thank you very mutch .... NOW I'll be more careful with the credit cards !!!

Your right this is a WE ARE HOPPING A BIG CREDIT, BUT......WE GOT BIG SCAM !!

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU