Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chicago Transplant

I got one of these too.

Federal law does prohibit the mailing of unsolicited credit cards, but as Jim has noted, this isn't really a credit card. It's really just an advance-payment card for purchases a consumer might or might not make from the company's catalog.

Guest Roisin  FPO-AE

Thank-you so very much,my husband recieved this card in the mail & was very excited about it,but thankfully he decided to wait for me to check it out before activating it.

After researching on the internet for half an hour, you are the only place that even mentions this card!

So,after telling him what I have read here he has cut up the card & the letter and it is now in the trash!

Thankfully we will not be charged for anything as we didn't activate it.

Again, Rip-off Report, thank-you soooo very much!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest World Citizen

I received a solicitation from these folks too. How come they didn't send a magazine or their so-called catalogue? Did any of you receive a catalogue? NO, I suppose! Enough evidence that they are thieves trying to defraud victims of $200. Do not respond positively to them ! ! !

Guest sherry-va

Recieved a card in the mail for my mother using her maiden name with my address (she's married), and unemployed. Tried calling the 18002777056 and was unable to speak anyone, I put in an invalid approval number hoping this would kick me over to some real person, it didn't. Automated machine said they would send out another aprroval letter, it will go into the shredder along with the card and letter I've already received.........SCAM

Guest Witchywoman

I too myself just got this letter in the mail today saying I am approved..I have no idea how they got my information since I just moved to the address they sent the letter too..The letter and card are both going in the shredder asap..I'm glad I found this site..

Guest vanessa

I just got one of these in the mail today. Credit limit of 6,500.00 But no catalog to shop from. I just cut it up and threw it away. Now that I read this I am glad I did that. Everyone who gets one should do the same.

If you go onto the Better Business Bureau website it explains that this company does not belong with them, however they did have quite a write up about them. My 20 year old son received this and was going to activate it but had my wife check in to it. Be sure to shred it all before you just throw it away because if anyone has done a little digging in your garbage or anywhere about you they can activate this card and use it under your name and under your credit history.

Guest madison

this is all so funny i got this card in the mail and it is such a crock i am 19 and i have lived at my new address for two years and yet they sent it to my moms house my the first time i recieved this card i cut it and didnt activate it and when i got the second one i did the same but i really feel bad for the people who activated it thinking wow this is 6,500 dollars who could resist especially the youth who arent very good with their money i think legal action definitley needs to be taken !! please dont fall for this scam!!!!!!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED THE FIRST NATIONAL CARD CCA. I WAS REALLY EXCITED WHEN I SAW THE CREDIT LIMIT OF $6500.00. I WAS DIALING THE PHONE WHEN I HAD A FEELING I SHOULD DO SOME INVESTIGATING ON THE GOOD OLD INTERNET BOY I AM GLAD I HUNG UP THE PHONE. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS A CREDIT CARD ISSUED BY A BANK

did you recently buy a dell? I have the address that they used only for the school my daughter went to, dell and union bank.

this is my second one and i put the first one in the trash and they sent me another one i was on the computer to get info and i still haven't got any thing until i put the phone number in and it bought up this page i am glad i did it.

Yeah, my boyfriend just got one of these in the mail...thought it was weird that it was a real stamp on the envelope, not the printed ones that businesses usually use...we decided to check online about the catalogue, that's where we found it was a scam...

where can i go on the better business bureau website to read about this? and can i report it anywhere?

I just recieved this letter as well cridet limit 6,500 i'm glad I found this site it really help my decision to destroy thie letter & card anyone who recieves this ccccccard & letter should do the same in my opinion. to the peaple of this site thanks for posting your thoughts on this scam.

Guest L. Navilys

I received this "so-called'' store credit card in the mail last week. THe more I read the more suspicious I became. I'm glad I saw this web-site devoted to these vultures who prey upon folks with less-than -perfect-credit...thanks again!!

ppl this is all a scam.they tell u that the card is active abd then i isnt.they give u a number but its always disconected.so if u got it dont fall for it.everything is it tell u isjust lying.

JUST RECIEVED THIS CARD. DID YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE CALLED ME TOO. ANY THING THATS ASKS FOR A BANK ACCOUNT CHECK INTO IT OR AT THAT HAS A P.O.BOX FOR ITS ADRESS. SOMEBODY WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED NEEDS TO HAVE A SAD STORY OF HOW THEY EPTIED YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND TAKE IT TO THE NEWS. NATIONAL T.V SO THAT PERSON CAN PREVENT EVERYBODY FROM GETTING SCREWED. FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE OVERWHEMLED PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY ACTUALLY HAD THAT MUCH OF A CREDIT LIMIT. I KNEW I COULDNT HAVE THAT MUCH BECAUSE MY CREDIT SUX. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING PLZ LOOK INTO SCAMS BE-4 YOU BELIEVE THEM

Guest melissa

hello i am in desperate need of help here.

I also got the card in the mail and stupidly enough i called the number to activate it in hopes of speaking with an operator to get more information before deciding wheteher i would use it. I found this site and now it seems this is a big scam. Will i be charged because i called teh number and entered the numbers? I already ripped it up as well as the papers but will i automatically be charged just for calling the number? or onlu if i were to try and use it? if someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully they wont be able to screw me just for calling the number.

Guest Momoftwo

I received a card from CCS cataloge shopping with a 6500.00 credit limit also and I called and went through the steps up to putting in the account num,ber because I did not want it to acctivate. I hung up before entering the account number because I did not want to acctivate it.I guess it is just a scam and I can not cancell this card that I never even asked for. I am just worried that some how it will go on my credit report that there is an open account with First National. If any one reads this please respond and tell me what you think. I will be shredding this crap asap.

I recieved it just today. no catalog with it. I decided to check it out before activating as well. And as someone already mentioned, this place here seems to be onlyone that has any information about it.

Guest Replying to First National Card

I received the card yesterday. As soon as I opened the envelope I noticed that it was not a regular credit card that I applied for. So I read the portion PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE, which I will follow by calling the number listed (1-888-5-OPTOUT). Also if anyone activated it before realizing it's a scam; make sure you find a way to cancel it. Because it's stated that an annual fee ($198.00 first year and $99.00 each year thereafter) will apply 2 months after activation.

Thanks

Guest melissa

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.