2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#1 LAW

LAW
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:40 AM

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA
Credit Card Services Division
P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV
89114-6101
800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

white house christmas ornament

#2 Chicago Transplant

Chicago Transplant
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:41 AM

I got one of these too.

Federal law does prohibit the mailing of unsolicited credit cards, but as Jim has noted, this isn't really a credit card. It's really just an advance-payment card for purchases a consumer might or might not make from the company's catalog.

#3 Roisin FPO-AE

Roisin FPO-AE
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:02 AM

Thank-you so very much,my husband recieved this card in the mail & was very excited about it,but thankfully he decided to wait for me to check it out before activating it.

After researching on the internet for half an hour, you are the only place that even mentions this card!

So,after telling him what I have read here he has cut up the card & the letter and it is now in the trash!

Thankfully we will not be charged for anything as we didn't activate it.

Again, Rip-off Report, thank-you soooo very much!

#4 James

James
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:18 AM

If you have received this letter please send it to:

CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS SERVICE CENTER
ATTN: MAIL FRAUD
222 S. RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250
CHICAGO IL 60606-6100

http://www.usps.com/...udComplaint.htm

Fill out the form and get these jerks PO Box Removed from USPS

#5 Jackie Rivas

Jackie Rivas
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

please cancel the activation of my card. there has been a mistake and I did not do this . please look up my information and call me asap. thank you krazie34711@yahoo.com

#6 World Citizen

World Citizen
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:31 AM

I received a solicitation from these folks too. How come they didn't send a magazine or their so-called catalogue? Did any of you receive a catalogue? NO, I suppose! Enough evidence that they are thieves trying to defraud victims of $200. Do not respond positively to them ! ! !

#7 sherry-va

sherry-va
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:49 AM

Recieved a card in the mail for my mother using her maiden name with my address (she's married), and unemployed. Tried calling the 18002777056 and was unable to speak anyone, I put in an invalid approval number hoping this would kick me over to some real person, it didn't. Automated machine said they would send out another aprroval letter, it will go into the shredder along with the card and letter I've already received.........SCAM

#8 Witchywoman

Witchywoman
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:59 AM

I too myself just got this letter in the mail today saying I am approved..I have no idea how they got my information since I just moved to the address they sent the letter too..The letter and card are both going in the shredder asap..I'm glad I found this site..

#9 Suzanne

Suzanne
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

did you recently buy a dell? I have the address that they used only for the school my daughter went to, dell and union bank.

#10 vanessa

vanessa
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:43 AM

I just got one of these in the mail today. Credit limit of 6,500.00 But no catalog to shop from. I just cut it up and threw it away. Now that I read this I am glad I did that. Everyone who gets one should do the same.

#11 Robert

Robert
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:03 AM

If you go onto the Better Business Bureau website it explains that this company does not belong with them, however they did have quite a write up about them. My 20 year old son received this and was going to activate it but had my wife check in to it. Be sure to shred it all before you just throw it away because if anyone has done a little digging in your garbage or anywhere about you they can activate this card and use it under your name and under your credit history.

#12 Angela

Angela
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

I received everything that cca cataloge said it would send mw but I dont know what to do with it.

#13 madison

madison
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

this is all so funny i got this card in the mail and it is such a crock i am 19 and i have lived at my new address for two years and yet they sent it to my moms house my the first time i recieved this card i cut it and didnt activate it and when i got the second one i did the same but i really feel bad for the people who activated it thinking wow this is 6,500 dollars who could resist especially the youth who arent very good with their money i think legal action definitley needs to be taken !! please dont fall for this scam!!!!!!!!!

#14 KATHY

KATHY
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

I JUST RECEIVED THE FIRST NATIONAL CARD CCA. I WAS REALLY EXCITED WHEN I SAW THE CREDIT LIMIT OF $6500.00. I WAS DIALING THE PHONE WHEN I HAD A FEELING I SHOULD DO SOME INVESTIGATING ON THE GOOD OLD INTERNET BOY I AM GLAD I HUNG UP THE PHONE. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS A CREDIT CARD ISSUED BY A BANK

#15 brigal

brigal
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

did you recently buy a dell? I have the address that they used only for the school my daughter went to, dell and union bank.

this is my second one and i put the first one in the trash and they sent me another one i was on the computer to get info and i still haven't got any thing until i put the phone number in and it bought up this page i am glad i did it.

#16 Kohaku

Kohaku

Transient

• Patriot
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, my boyfriend just got one of these in the mail...thought it was weird that it was a real stamp on the envelope, not the printed ones that businesses usually use...we decided to check online about the catalogue, that's where we found it was a scam...

where can i go on the better business bureau website to read about this? and can i report it anywhere?

#17 Frady

Frady
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

I just recieved this letter as well cridet limit 6,500 i'm glad I found this site it really help my decision to destroy thie letter & card anyone who recieves this ccccccard & letter should do the same in my opinion. to the peaple of this site thanks for posting your thoughts on this scam.

#18 L. Navilys

L. Navilys
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:00 AM

I received this "so-called'' store credit card in the mail last week. THe more I read the more suspicious I became. I'm glad I saw this web-site devoted to these vultures who prey upon folks with less-than -perfect-credit...thanks again!!

#19 guest

• Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:32 AM

ppl this is all a scam.they tell u that the card is active abd then i isnt.they give u a number but its always disconected.so if u got it dont fall for it.everything is it tell u isjust lying.

#20 Guest

• Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

JUST RECIEVED THIS CARD. DID YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE CALLED ME TOO. ANY THING THATS ASKS FOR A BANK ACCOUNT CHECK INTO IT OR AT THAT HAS A P.O.BOX FOR ITS ADRESS. SOMEBODY WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED NEEDS TO HAVE A SAD STORY OF HOW THEY EPTIED YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND TAKE IT TO THE NEWS. NATIONAL T.V SO THAT PERSON CAN PREVENT EVERYBODY FROM GETTING SCREWED. FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE OVERWHEMLED PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY ACTUALLY HAD THAT MUCH OF A CREDIT LIMIT. I KNEW I COULDNT HAVE THAT MUCH BECAUSE MY CREDIT SUX. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING PLZ LOOK INTO SCAMS BE-4 YOU BELIEVE THEM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament