Washington DC Message Boards

Redskins Beat The Cowboys

HailtotheChief

A man in a Santa Suit was in Texas Stadium hoping for an early Christmas present. At first I thought Dallas fans were going to get one this Monday Night.

I watched (Troy, Emitt, and Michael) on the Cowboy ring, but 'All Hail to Mark, Santana and Clinton (The three Amigos) who stole the game.

Let's take a breather here....

I know Cowboy fans are in a state of shock....

I was too...

I was upset at every Redskin, including.... (I dare not say his name)

I thought about all the ribbing I would get from a couple disoriented friends.

Mark Brunell showed all doubters he has the heart of a fighter. Watching the ol man scoot for 24 yards. And throw a touchdown to Santana Moss on Fourth down.

When the ABC Sports cameraman panned over to Santa sweating and I realized that was not Saint Nick. The Cowboys are all hype. I think finally the Redskins organization woke up from a decade long nightmare dream.

Sean Taylor I do not care what anyone says about you. I loved the way you stuck their receivers when we needed you most.

The part I loved the most was watching Dan 'The Man' Snyder jumping up and down. That was real enthusiasm. I hope he remembers that moment. Its worth more than gold.

Joe Gibbs you finally took down the Tuna and destroyed his 77-0 record when ahead by 13 (an unlucky number.

And for you Jerry 'lets get it together' Jones, here is a snippet from the late Man in Black.

I fell in to a burning ring of fire

I went down,down,down

and the flames went higher.

And it burns,burns,burns

the ring of fire

the ring of fire.

I am now going to run around and shout throughout my neighborhood now.

Redskins 14, Cowboys 13

Redskins 14, Cowboys 13

Redskins 14, Cowboys 13

Great game guys.

Redskins14Dallas13.jpg

Hail,

That was one of the surprising Monday night games I have seen in a few years.

'At the end, there was some unbelievable plays. It really took my breath away. - Joe Gibbs

'You've got to learn to close the show. We didn't do that - Bill Parcells

I don't know if anybody believed but us. We did enough tonight. We're heroes, all of us. - Marcus Washington

It looked like the Mark Brunell of old. - Santana Moss

Guest Gary Fitzgerald

When the Redskins reconvene on Wednesday, Monday's dramatic 14-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys will likely still be a topic of discussion.

On the practice field, though, it will be a different story.

The Redskins committed 12 penalties for 80 yards, turned the ball over twice and allowed five sacks of quarterback Mark Brunell.

Despite the jubilant mood after Monday's win, those statistics did not please head coach Joe Gibbs.

"Sometimes in a win like that, you have a tendency to say, We played great and made a lot of great plays,' but then you miss the things you did poorly," Gibbs said. "Penalties were definitely a problem. We turned the ball over. Those things are upsetting."

The Redskins were one of only two teams to win over the weekend despite a negative turnover ratio, Gibbs said.

Such errors are not a formula for winning football.

"I think we have to hammer that home," Gibbs said. "Our guys are smart. They know the basic principles. We have to get it across to them that if we continue to do that, it's going to wind up costing us some games."

For more Redskins info go to:

http://www.redskins.com

Guest richardd57

Whew, losing a 13-point lead in the final four minutes ... what's an owner to do? I couldn't help but laugh when the "hog on high" headed down to the field after the Redskins scored their first touchdown. What did he think he was going to do; save his SOWboys from one of the worst humiliations in their history? All of us who remember how Jones treated Tom Landry are celebrating today!

When the Redskins reconvene on Wednesday, Monday's dramatic 14-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys will likely still be a topic of discussion.

On the practice field, though, it will be a different story.

The Redskins committed 12 penalties for 80 yards, turned the ball over twice and allowed five sacks of quarterback Mark Brunell.

Despite the jubilant mood after Monday's win, those statistics did not please head coach Joe Gibbs.

"Sometimes in a win like that, you have a tendency to say, We played great and made a lot of great plays,' but then you miss the things you did poorly," Gibbs said. "Penalties were definitely a problem. We turned the ball over. Those things are upsetting."

The Redskins were one of only two teams to win over the weekend despite a negative turnover ratio, Gibbs said.

Such errors are not a formula for winning football.

"I think we have to hammer that home," Gibbs said. "Our guys are smart. They know the basic principles. We have to get it across to them that if we continue to do that, it's going to wind up costing us some games."

For more Redskins info go to:

http://www.redskins.com

thanks for posting this. SO true. The W was great, but the play was still sloppy. And scary. Brunell looked like garbage the first 56 minutes.